Ex players and that

36 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If Gardner is a championship midfielder then no doubt we will have a plethora of clubs beating our door down offering us good money to take him.

As hes not Im pretty confident we will see him line up for us next season in league 2, where I think he will do a good job for us.

I don't think for one minute he is a Championship quality midfielder, but Wigan are quite keen on him. As are Pompey...

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I don't think for one minute he is a Championship quality midfielder, but Wigan are quite keen on him. As are Pompey...

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'd like us to endure for once that we sign better before we let anyone go. 

Their was a time when Celtic were sniffing around Andy Holt and Fulham around David Mellor.

I wouldnt look to get rid of him infact I believe he will be very good in league 2 but if a decent bid came in from 2 clubs Id let him walk, and certainly if selling a 28 year old Dan Gardner was the makeweight for a 21 year old Kean Bryan.

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Funny the manager thinks Gardner has Championship qualities, but you know better than him of course.

If only golden boy Byrne had shown as much resolution as Gardner we might have not finished in this position.

If he thinks that, he's wrong.

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Funny the manager thinks Gardner has Championship qualities, but you know better than him of course.

If only golden boy Byrne had shown as much resolution as Gardner we might have not finished in this position.

Another reason why he should be sacked.

I’d take him for some continuity. I know we were poor and that probably exaggerated his performances but he begun the season well and definitely played in a more advanced role than the one he sagged into as the season progressed. 

I remember him posing a real threat from the midfield even up to and including Doyle’s first few games, then it just dissipated as he suffered a downturn, which he never seemed to recover from.

Think he’ll be really disappointed with his goal return this season.

21 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

13 games 7 goals for duffus 

With all due respects that League is piss poor and about the standard of the Evostick North.

When we signed McEleney I said he'd be one for next season whilst many on here were proclaiming him as our saviour and I won't be getting giddy about a player whose shown very little so far other than scoring a few in a pub league.

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

With all due respects that League is piss poor and about the standard of the Evostick North.

When we signed McEleney I said he'd be one for next season whilst many on here were proclaiming him as our saviour and I won't be getting giddy about a player whose shown very little so far other than scoring a few in a pub league.

Think he should stick with the evo stick North to help his development.