Ex players and that

Just now, welshgaz said:

Decent trolling Ryan. 

I’m struggling to see how we missed a defensive midfielder in our last 2 games. We kept a clean sheet against Doncaster and conceded both goals at Northampton because our keeper is a crackpot. 

He’s really shit mate, soz. We went down last season because we conceded 75 goals which is undoubtably one of the worst records in the club’s entire history. Fane made 41 appearances. As a defensive midfielder his sole job is to protect the defence - when has he ever done that? Enlighten me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I’m struggling to see how we missed a defensive midfielder in our last 2 games. We kept a clean sheet against Doncaster and conceded both goals at Northampton because our keeper is a crackpot. 

He’s really shit mate, soz. We went down last season because we conceded 75 goals which is undoubtably one of the worst records in the club’s entire history. Fane made 41 appearances. As a defensive midfielder his sole job is to protect the defence - when has he ever done that? Enlighten me.

I don't dispute we needed to upgrade  (probably not now we have gone down).

He is literally the only player we have with a ball winning instinct. But I'm the lone voice on here that says we need a ball winner. At Northampton we missed that. 

1 hour ago, welshgaz said:

It's poor certainly. My point still stands that it's improved a lot from when he first walked in the door.

Palmer and Fane are completely different players. Fane will be a big player for us in L2. There is no denying that we missed Fane hugely as we lost our L1 status with without a fight. 

He played almost all games, the two games we missed him at the end. Doncaster we where better off without him Gardner did his role to much greater effect. Northampton, I was not there. 

They are two different players, one can play one cannot. Do they play the same role, absolutely 

6 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He played almost all games, the two games we missed him at the end. Doncaster we where better off without him Gardner did his role to much greater effect. Northampton, I was not there. 

They are two different players, one can play one cannot. Do they play the same role, absolutely 

My point is that Gardner's first instinct isn't to tackle. He does try hard and cover ground though.

They have almost identical goal scoring records.

I would also argue that the Donny team that turned up were on the beach so it didn't matter.

The Northampton team were up for it and hell bent on sending us down. Gardner and Pringle hardly got a kick, never mind getting stuck in.

19 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Gardner is just as limited as fane is. He can’t tackle , he never tracks a runner and blows after 65 min . Both need replacing .

32 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

The Northampton team were up for it and hell bent on sending us down. 

Sorry to hijack the Fane debate, but I stuck on the last 10 mins of the game on iFollow (yeah I'm not sure why either), and was surprised by the amount of time wasting, especially from the Northampton keeper.  Almost as if they were up for relegating us specifically rather than trying to go out with a win in front of their home fans.

Just struck me as strange.

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Sorry to hijack the Fane debate, but I stuck on the last 10 mins of the game on iFollow (yeah I'm not sure why either), and was surprised by the amount of time wasting, especially from the Northampton keeper.  Almost as if they were up for relegating us specifically rather than trying to go out with a win in front of their home fans.

This was exactly how it was. From the point they went 2-1 up, Northampton were intent on slowing down the play, wasting time and it was as if they were thinking “you lot are going down with us”.

it still does not explain why so many of our players looked as if they had given up - only the younger players seemed to give it a go. And I’d almost got the match out of my system...?

18 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

They genuinely cheered as soon as the FT whistle went. It was all very odd considering they themselves weren't mathematically down before the game started. The weirdest fan-base I've ever come across. 

7 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Either that or he’s saying he’s off in the direction of Wigan

Would he be so insensitive to post a pic in those circumstances in a Latics shirt? 

I don't think he would, he's been in the away end with fans, said we have a special place etc. Not your average journeyman. 

I'm taking the approach I'll believe it when I see it though for self protection., and he'd only sign with us if the money was right. 

But, it would blow out the water my biggest fear that AL hasn't got the money we hoped, and mean we'd be having a real go at coming straight back up. 

1 hour ago, Dlibertine said:

Gardner is just as limited as fane is. He can’t tackle , he never tracks a runner and blows after 65 min . Both need replacing .

Funny the manager thinks Gardner has Championship qualities, but you know better than him of course.

If only golden boy Byrne had shown as much resolution as Gardner we might have not finished in this position.

Edited by BP1960

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Funny the manager thinks Gardner has Championship qualities, but you know better than him of course.

If only golden boy Byrne had shown as much resolution as Gardner we might have not finished in this position.

What Championship qualities are these? Please tell me our manager didn't say this?

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The same manager who has led us to our worst season in 5 decades.

1 hour ago, welshgaz said:

My point is that Gardner's first instinct isn't to tackle. He does try hard and cover ground though.

They have almost identical goal scoring records.

Not true, Gardner's career goals are far superior.

What people don't realise is Gardner is an attacking midfielder used here in a holding role.

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The same manager who has led us to our worst season in 5 decades.

Not true on his overall record of games as acting and caretaker manager.

The major problem was the first 9 games with Sheridan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

What Championship qualities are these? Please tell me our manager didn't say this?

For one thing his control  of the ball better than many playing in the Championship, maybe you haven't noticed that?

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

For one thing his control  of the ball better than many playing in the Championship, maybe you haven't noticed that?

He'll be a good player for us next season. I understand you feel a sense of loyalty to him, I admire that. 

Bit like me with Ousmane.

Edited by welshgaz

2 hours ago, welshgaz said:

I would also argue that the Donny team that turned up were on the beach so it didn't matter.

The Northampton team were up for it and hell bent on sending us down. Gardner and Pringle hardly got a kick, never mind getting stuck in.

You must have noticed surely Gardner played with an injury, I personally wouldn't have played an unfit player, but when you look at the alternatives the manager must have thought he had little choice. 

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You must have noticed surely Gardner played with an injury, I personally wouldn't have played an unfit player, but when you look at the alternatives the manager must have thought he had little choice. 

Not really but my view was awful.

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not true, Gardner's career goals are far superior.

What people don't realise is Gardner is an attacking midfielder used here in a holding role.

I was referring to last season where he had a 1 goal in 50 ratio.

If Gardner is a championship midfielder then no doubt we will have a plethora of clubs beating our door down offering us good money to take him.

As hes not Im pretty confident we will see him line up for us next season in league 2, where I think he will do a good job for us.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1