Ex players and that

Don't forget about them disgracing themselves during the minutes silence

And this is why I just can't sing the Depeche mode song that is such a popular crowd motivator at BP at the mo.

Great song, great words, linked to a not so nice club and I don't want us to be linked to them this way

How well does he come across in that? Top man, and fair play to him on the Tranmere thing; plenty in his position would have taken the 2 year salary and not even played.

Aye, he's certainly not gone for the easy option. Good luck to him.

And this is why I just can't sing the Depeche mode song that is such a popular crowd motivator at BP at the mo.

Great song, great words, linked to a not so nice club and I don't want us to be linked to them this way

I was firmly in the same boat as you at the start of the season but I have to admit there may of been a brief moment against Bradford where I couldnt fight my depeche mode abstinence any longer, I don't know wether it was the vast amounts of San Migel that I had consumed before the game or if was the drum beat from the Athleticos or mix of both.

I've convinced myself that our version is ours but I won't be singing it again.. well not sober at least anyway.

Edited by OAFCM35

I was firmly in the same boat as you at the start of the season but I have to admit there may of been a brief moment against Bradford where I couldnt fight my depeche mode abstinence any longer, I don't know wether it was the vast amounts of San Migel that I had consumed before the game or if was the drum beat from the Athleticos or mix of both.

I've convinced myself that our version is ours but I won't be singing it again.. well not sober at least anyway.

It's harsh I love the 80's great song too, great words don't need any changes to it and yes...it's been rolling round my brain on and off for weeks...it's just that sticky association....damn you Celtic.....damn you all...tut

Now as beer was involved you are pardon and won't burn in hell....is that okay?

Just wondering like, but are you guys speaking from experience or lapping up establishment fed dogma and bias to feed your own prejudice?

For the record, one guy was singing during the minutes silence and many people were trying to get him to shut the FU. If you would like to know about the charitable foundations that this 'not nice' club is involved with and the historic principles that drive the work it does for charities and in the community then please PM me. I suspect however that you have no real desire to be enlightened about any positive aspects of Celtic FC as blind hate is by far an easier option.

I have had to have words with Oldham supporters on several occasions for racist language (to the point that I stopped taking my kids) however I do not in anyway consider OAFC a 'not nice' club simply a few individuals who need educating. If you choose not to join in and support your team because a song is also sung by a team you dislike you maybe want to give yourself a shake and get over yourself.

Back on topic, Rooney is back playing how he did before Oldham signed him. He's also back playing in the role/position he is best at which Dicov could never understand.

Back on topic, Rooney is back playing how he did before Oldham signed him. He's also back playing in the role/position he is best at which Dicov could never understand.

What does Dicov (sic) have to do with anything? Edited by maddog

Just wondering like, but are you guys speaking from experience or lapping up establishment fed dogma and bias to feed your own prejudice?

For the record, one guy was singing during the minutes silence and many people were trying to get him to shut the FU. If you would like to know about the charitable foundations that this 'not nice' club is involved with and the historic principles that drive the work it does for charities and in the community then please PM me. I suspect however that you have no real desire to be enlightened about any positive aspects of Celtic FC as blind hate is by far an easier option.

I have had to have words with Oldham supporters on several occasions for racist language (to the point that I stopped taking my kids) however I do not in anyway consider OAFC a 'not nice' club simply a few individuals who need educating. If you choose not to join in and support your team because a song is also sung by a team you dislike you maybe want to give yourself a shake and get over yourself.

what this man said!!! so many people categorise all celtic fans under the same brush, it's a small minority of a vert very largely supported football club! every club has their set of dickheads...

what this man said!!! so many people categorise all celtic fans under the same brush, it's a small minority of a vert very largely supported football club! every club has their set of dickheads...

No one is tarring all of their fans by the actions of a few and I'm fully aware that is a minority. I'm not sure if I am willing to believe it was one idiot who ruined the silence last weekend but I did hear fans shouting to tell the jeerers to shut up which in turn made the disruption louder and played in to the scum bags hands.

Here's my gripe though more can and should be done by the majority of Celtic fans and the club itself, I know for a fact if anyone tried replicating those scenes at Boundary Park I take it upon myself to evict them.

I did a tour of Celtic Park once, it was good to see their history and achievements etc however the person leading the tour could barely hold his hatred of the other side in and I'm not just talking Rangers here, the only other club that was spoken in positive tones was Hibernian.

I'm not saying that Rangers would be any different as I haven't done a tour there however the attitude and vitriol coming from this person in a very professional capacity was just unbelievable. Unfortunately to me it suggested that was the culture around the club as a whole.

If it's any consolation jss, I don't give a flying :censored: about either of them.

Me either.

It still amazes me that so many who post on here do though, and so passionately too.

Each to their own mind, but - as JSS says, i'd be nice if it wasn't brought into so many threads...

How well does he come across in that? Top man, and fair play to him on the Tranmere thing; plenty in his position would have taken the 2 year salary and not even played.

He comes across incredibly well.

You've got to admire a bloke who, whilst being part of squad achieving promotion to the Premier League, was doing work experience with the local newspaper, who has taken the time to get himself qualifications during his playing career (it must be very, very easy not to bother when the money's rolling in), who has sought the thrill of teaching kids over the 'easy' option of coaching or commentating, and who could have spent two years getting paid very well for being on Tranmere's treatment table but didn't.

Kudos, Big Ben.

I don't like/like a number of clubs, so why would I want to sing their songs? I like YNWA shall we adopt it? How about blue moon? Well we are blue and I'm quite partial to I'm forever blowing bubbles.

We have a unique group of singers let's have some unique songs

And with the Scottish team it's personal spanning several decades. As the wife of an ex serviceman, I think most can understand why.

Now I have hijacked this thread too many times over other teams and songs and I apologies for that

So ex players that....how's that rob purdie these days? And you know I do always wonder how Paul warhurst legs are doing and if we will ever see the return of when footy shorts were short like Gary linekar use to wear...oooo the days

Edited by underdog