Ex players and that

I dont get why people feel this way. Can you explain something please Lags.

Why if a player leaves for a fee and more money during a linited transfer window for himself it is not ok.

but a fan can decide when it is time for a player to move on due to form or 'attitude'. and thats ok.

I don't think it is a fans decision when it is good or bad.

But clearly there is a difference between when Chris Taylor left, having stuck around longer than he should and Furman who bailed at a difficult time. We were not to know at the time it would be OK.

Same as when diiference between Chris Porter and all his reasons, and say Pawel Abbot.

There is no general rule, each case on its own merits surely?

It also depends on your age. Teams from my era rivalry wise would be Rovers and Bolton for example as we played them often enough.

But I think it changes when some fans go all out for the hatred and abuse. That I don't undersand.

I mean Chris Taylor would not deserve any of that. Banter and comic booing and a few songs, he surely would not expect anything less. I mean he joined Rovers, he can't expect unbridled adulation!

Edited by singe

I don't think it is a fans decision when it is good or bad.

But clearly there is a difference between when Chris Taylor left, having stuck around longer than he should and Furman who bailed at a difficult time. We were not to know at the time it would be OK.

Same as when diiference between Chris Porter and all his reasons, and say Pawel Abbot.

There is no general rule, each case on its own merits surely?

It also depends on your age. Teams from my era rivalry wise would be Rovers and Bolton for example as we played them often enough.

But I think it changes when some fans go all out for the hatred and abuse. That I don't undersand.

I mean Chris Taylor would not deserve any of that. Banter and comic booing and a few songs, he surely would not expect anything less. I mean he joined Rovers, he can't expect unbridled adulation!

I do agre with most of that but it is up to the fans who they decide they hate.

Furman and Baxter both left in the window (grantef at different points in the season but there is only 2 windows) for money to move to Yorkshire, Furman was more successful.

We battled against potential relegation after both left. Both players had been dropped by their manager Furman missed a huge chunk of the season due to injury and African nations. Furman was captain and was here much longer arguably a better club servant.

Neither can predict when an offer will come. It is a small window as after all and the offer may never come again so I'm not having this bailing lark as he was benched anyway

So why is one hated and one loved? It does seem to be majority who feel the same way.

Edited by palmer1

Furman and Baxter both left in the window (grantef at different points in the season but there is only 2 windows) for money to move to Yorkshire, Furman was more successful.

We battled against potential relegation after both left. Both players had been dropped by their manager Furman missed a huge chunk of the season due to injury and African nations. Furman was captain and was here much longer arguably a better club servant.

Neither can predict when an offer will come. It is a small window as after all and the offer may never come again so I'm not having this bailing lark as he was benched anyway

So why is one hated and one loved? It does seem to be majority who feel the same way.

Furman bailed during the relegation fight in March, not during the normal transfer window.

Unless a player or manager leaves and turns round and says all the fans are c#&ts I can't be arsed wasting precious energy on a footballer who moved away from our club which will be a career based decision. It's a waste of precious energy.

Furman bailed during the relegation fight in March, not during the normal transfer window.

He wasn't playing for most of the 'relegation battle' and he can't leave if the window isn't open loan or otherwise. He didn't bail we accepted an offer and he joined a better team.

He wasn't playing for most of the 'relegation battle'

Exactly. Because he left in the middle of it.

he can't leave if the window isn't open loan or otherwise.

That's crap and you know it. He did.

He didn't bail we accepted an offer and he joined a better team.

He forced our hand.

He was injured then in Africa and then warmed the bench during league and both cup ties vrs Everton

How can it be crap? He must have left during a transfer window or he couldn't leave.

How did he force our hand? He could have left for free at the end of the season. Instead the club accepted a fee

Some of our fans seem to re-write history to suit their irrational hate of a player that served us well

Edited by palmer1

Cliff Byrne retires from playing and takes new role at Sunderland as 'Professional Development Phase Coach'.

That puts a slightly different spin on our illustrious leader having vacated that very same job.

I'd have been ok(ish) with Byrne as new manager.

You expect more from your Captain. As Jorvik said, his was the timing in the the March relegation fight.

As I said, I too, don't understand absolute hatred of Furman or Porter.

Well, maybe a bit more Porter, that was very cynical, but they ar ethe rules he did not break any. I jsut donlt like it.

I accept, though, we are not privy to the details. Which is why I can never go so far as hatred or loating and giving abuse.

Rookie manager, loose cannon chairman, lots of new players.

All the ingredients there to walk the league then...

Got to agree there. It will either work well or be like so many of the others where the struggle for a season or so.

To be fair though, they are good signings for this League, even some experience of it. Not just marquee signings. They still have th emoney to buy themselves out of trouble.

You've got to hope for a crash and burn thought, haven't you?!