Ex players and that

Glad we've not gone for him. Capable of playing well but just as capable of sulking his way through a match. Get the clear impression his attitude will hold him back.

Agreed. Saw some :censored:ty attitude at Yeovil and Crawley.

I liked Wilkinson. Thought he had a lot of quality: good left foot, could connect very well with the midfield with his back to goal, eye for goal and seemed a winner.

Would've been very happy with him at BP. Then again, at his age Cassidy was top scorer in this league with Tranmere.

With a style similar to what Kelly has said he wanted plus his Neil Lennon connections, and Wilkinson's Latics past it wouldn't shock me if we'd at least enquired about him.

I rate him, would of improved our squad.

Yep me too

I obviously see games differently than the majority of people on here but my 5 of your English pounds goes to player share if any latics centre forward scores more goals than him next season.

I also can't remember the view on here when he left last season being that he was so crap. However I am getting old and senile

Yep me too

I obviously see games differently than the majority of people on here but my 5 of your English pounds goes to player share if any latics centre forward scores more goals than him next season.

I also can't remember the view on here when he left last season being that he was so crap. However I am getting old and senile

Personally, I only saw him twice and both times his attitude stank. Giving the :censored: sign to the ref at Yeovil (and getting away with it unbelievably) and looking totally disinterested at Crawley. It all seemed beneath him.

Going off highlights of other games he's clearly a talented lad and may very well go on to fulfil his potential. LJ would have sold the "bigger club" at Barnsley (and offered more £) so I doubt we even had a chance anyway even if we were interested.

Yep me too

By and large this board was creaming itself when he signed before the deadline. The talk would be of real potential and an opportunity missed if he'd signed for anyone other than Barnsley.

if LJ can teach him the "target man" role proper he will be very good for this league. for me he drifted out wide too often leaving poleon to be our target man. the amount of times I was shouting for him to stay in the box was endless. potentially could be a great signing for barnsley