Next Oldham Manager?

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is one of the best players to have ever played the game. Regardless of the fact he's only lasted 6 months at both his jobs, and the fact Egdar Davids at Barnet immediately springs to mind, he should be offered a deal. For all the shit we've put up with recently, it'll be astonishing to see a legend like Seedorf in our dugout...

41 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The guy is one of the best players to have ever played the game. Regardless of the fact he's only lasted 6 months at both his jobs, and the fact Egdar Davids at Barnet immediately springs to mind, he should be offered a deal. For all the shit we've put up with recently, it'll be astonishing to see a legend like Seedorf in our dugout...

Cant comment on his china stint, but won 11 of 19 with Milan... not that bad a record. They were going backwards when he got the job abd he moved them on.

Football should be about excitement. If a 4 time Champs league winner manging Oldham Athletic doesn't excite then what does?

Edited by pukka

19 minutes ago, pukka said:

Cant comment on his china stint, but won 11 of 19 with Milan... not that bad a record. They were going backwards when he got the job abd he moved them on.

Football should be about excitement. If a 4 time Champs league winner manging Oldham Athletic doesn't excite then what does?

I am all for it - just for clarity.

In terms of SC showing him the facilities - isn't that Gym a commercial business just renting space or is it also where our players go?

Maybe as part of the employee benefits package you get a 10% discount on membership - cannot see how CS can turn us down now.

11 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Have you lot gone stark raving bonkers? This is League 1 we are talking about-for the younger posters it was Division 3-yes 3. Other than being a great player what do you know about his managerial abilities and expect him to know about managing a poor-both financially and playing wise club?

This is the very future of the club you are talking about not some lottery style wish list but many still seem to think that because Sheridan was a very good player he could manage and that went well didn't it?

Yes it may sound exciting to be linked with the name but come on wake up and smell the coffee!!

What did people know about Jimmy Floyd H's management abilities before he started?  It's no more risky than some journeyman merrygoround manager or English ex-player.

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What did people know about Jimmy Floyd H's management abilities before he started?  It's no more risky than some journeyman merrygoround manager or English ex-player.

You seriously believe this? I bet he couldn't name one Latics player if you had a asked him a week ago.

Just now, whittles left foot said:

You seriously believe this? I bet he couldn't name one Latics player if you had a asked him a week ago.

I don't give a fuck.  

Christ some Oldham fans are small minded.

Look, it may not happen, but if it can happen we should welcome it big time.

Just now, whittles left foot said:

He wasn't our manager a week ago so why would he need to ? That's why you have a team around you also. He would gain respect..... oh you know what  not gonna debate it just refer to my earlier post it's Clarence Fucking Seedorf and we are 3rd tier OAFC FFS

The media coverage (which is basically base upon the tweets and comments on here) has changed the odds.

I don't doubt that he is interested - intelligent and wants to get into football management on a longer term basis, and the likely investment makes us an attractive proposition.

However, I think it's a long way from a deal.  Too many times in the past we have seen good names interested and ended up on Wikipedia trying to find out who the new gaffer is.

Hope I am wrong - think it would be great.