Next Oldham Manager?

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

What's his advice? I need to answer a survey to read the article ?

Click Skip survey at the bottom

He basically says to Scholes not to just have a dabble at it, it's a full time 24/7 thing, media is the easier route.

He asl says

“They also beat Blackburn (last Saturday) and won at Crewe in the Checkatrade. Momentum, confidence and belief – that is what they have got. I would imagine Richie has got a strong case to get the job full-time. He couldn’t have done any more. “A team that were struggling at the bottom are now not only winning but playing football that deserves it. They are not fluking games.”

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/bradford-city/bradford-city-v-oldham-athletic-stuart-mccall-s-timely-advice-for-man-utd-legend-paul-scholes-1-8808132

Edited by singe

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Hope this is true

I'm still finding this stance remarkable..... if Wellens gets the job FT, I'll be very pleased. His start has been exceptional...... however, under no circumstances can I not get excited about the prospect of Paul Scholes being our manager. None. This whole situation is a win-win for me.

47 minutes ago, joncurtis199 said:

Is there anything Scholes could do to have some capacity at the club beyond being manager?  Surely even he was affliated to the club he'd be able to have a positive effect.

This for me could be the win-win. We keep Wellens, he keeps SAlford, and he does stuff for Abdullah like promoting the club to get more high profile/better players.

If the takover goes ahead (just trying not to jinx it)

On 12/10/2017 at 11:20 AM, boundaryblue80 said:

A token Latics fan like a lot in the town.

If he really was a fan he would've donned his boots for us just for a season instead of going back to the scum for a season. That would've helped the club immeasurably in profile and bums on seats. Unlike him being manager that would have a 1 or 2 game token effect.

You think he should have surrounded himself with the fucking dross at Latics and played for us, instead of going back to United and running the show, despite his age, on the way to winning the Premier League title?

Nah, you've lost me there.

22 minutes ago, robboman said:

Just appoint a new manager every 5 games

That's more or less what we have been doing this past few years....!

Current average 36 Games! And that includes 100+ stints by LJ, Shez and almost in Dickov. Without them it's 24 games!

3 hours ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Just watched RW part 2 interview he fills me with so much confidence he can take this club places hope to god if not the main man has to be assistant anything less is crazy!!!!! Nice to see abdallah lemsagam going in the dressing room after the game to congratulate the team oh and Corney!!!

RW also says that it's common knowledge that the new manager will be announced tomorrow. No-one has spoken to him about it since last week.

3 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

You think he should have surrounded himself with the fucking dross at Latics and played for us, instead of going back to United and running the show, despite his age, on the way to winning the Premier League title?

Nah, you've lost me there.

Ah Stevie, playing the old logic card eh?

PS: who wants to win the premier league anyway? :-)

Edited by AlanGrovesFanClub

30 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

He once said Doyle is injured 

This was my line of thinking.

He talked at some length about not being able t plan ahead than the next training session but if he had a 2 year deal he could plan for MK Dons and Newcastle U23's.

If he had a 2 year deal

He downplayed it.

He then said he had been told he had Blackburn and Bradford. It could mean that was it, but it could also mean he was told good performances and it's yours. A fw games ago I said it was RW to lose.

But it could easily have been a smokescreen given what he said about Doyle.

With other news about Scholes saying give it to

He said he had not spoken since last week, but then also said someone (I could not hear Q) and Simon came into the dressing room and said well done.

Again could be either way, AL & Sc just giving th nod, or just acknowledging before anyone else

PLenty of football people saying it would be mad not to give it to RW, setting it up for a reaction if not, but no one really reveleaing much else.

Basically we'll know tomorrow!

46 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Talk at half time gmr radio said announcement tomorrow

To give a bit more perspective they said in the press room before the game, that some were saying there will be an announcement tomorrow. The people saying this are those who GMR think are usually in the know.