Doyle/Byrne Value

55 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Are they loaded? How much are they worth? How much are they willing to spend on transfer fees? Are they willing to give Wellens money to spend or would they rather wait until the summer to see how he does before giving him money to spend?

We have no idea what the investors policy is on transfer spending. So we can't assume the money will be there to compete with the other teams who'll try and sign Foyle. 

All we have to go on is our recent history of transfer market dealings and on that basis 50p and a Mars Bar isn't going to be enough.

To an extent I am playing devils advocate there but at the same time we cant use recent history as a signal of our strength in the transfer market. Every possibility is in play here including signing him on a permanent basis. We cant rule out not signing him Byrne or anyonelse just yet.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Why would he want to play for a shitty little club like Fleetwood? Fair do's if he gets an attractive offer from a big club but Fleetwood - do me a favour.

Same reason that Holloway turned us down a couple of summers ago ££££

For all we know the new owner might be going to invest heavily in players transfers he might have friends on board who are loaded like someone said a while ago a new future for oldham and it's all great. Doyle and byrne I'm sure will stay along with Bryan 

At the very least, if things continue to go well, I hope Doyle, Byrne and Bryan stick around on loan until the end of the season.  It would be awful to watch us mount a challenge at the right end of the table for the first time in years and then have the wheels come off in the new year, because we couldn't hold on to key players.

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Why would he want to play for a shitty little club like Fleetwood? Fair do's if he gets an attractive offer from a big club but Fleetwood - do me a favour.

There attendance figures are on par with ours, they pay more. He would choose where ever pays best

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

There attendance figures are on par with ours (no they are not and probably never will be, particularly away from home) 

pay more (that may well be about to change) 

He would choose where ever pays best (after two failed moves where he's followed the money he may just value playing and scoring in a successful team for a manager he now knows)

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

There attendance figures are on par with ours, they pay more. He would choose where ever pays best

Their attendance figures aren't on a par with ours. The crowd last night would have only just about fit in their ground, the Blackburn gate would have had 2,500 locked out.

Their average home gate was 1300 less than ours last season and is 1800 less than ours this season. That's a lot of money when it's all totted up.

Fleetwood pay more because they have an owner who is richer and/or more willing to spend his money, currently, that may well change come January.

Whilst a lot of the time footballers will go where they will get more money, it isn't a certainty, unfortunately some of the things that we will have in our favour will also apply to Fleetwood. As he wouldn't have to move. He does know that he is first choice with us and can score goals, that might not apply at Fleetwood. If he keeps scoring then Fleetwood might be the least of our worries in terms of competition.

7 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Okay, it's negative but it's not unrealistic either.

I'm sure he is enjoying his football here, but if a Blackburn come in for him in January and it's down to who can offer the most in wages, who do you think he'd join?

He's on 8k a week apparently. Can we afford to get close to anything like that?

It's okay enjoying where you work, and money isn't always the deciding factor, but in a lot of cases it is, along with relocating etc.

Doubt it our current highest paid player is Ryan Flynn and he’s on £2,800 a week 

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Find that very hard to believe 

You'll also find the six lads brought over are on a fair wedge and they are being put up in a pricey local hotel at I presume AL's expense so it may be these lads who are top earners and not your Flynns, Gerrards, Clarkes and Co. Can't see how we would of got Doyle and Byrne  either without paying a fair chunk if not all what they earn at their parent clubs.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You'll also find the six lads brought over are on a fair wedge and they are being put up in a pricey local hotel at I presume AL's expense so it may be these lads who are top earners and not your Flynns, Gerrards, Clarkes and Co. Can't see how we would of got Doyle and Byrne  either without paying a fair chunk if not all what they earn at their parent clubs.

I heard the Maouche was on 4k per week and he's not even been seen yet ha.

Even if not true there's no way Flynn would be on more than Clarke who was captain anyway and got a better deal to stay last January

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I heard the Maouche was on 4k per week and he's not even been seen yet ha.

Even if not true there's no way Flynn would be on more than Clarke who was captain anyway and got a better deal to stay last January

To be fair, apart from clarke from last year, I would say Flynn was up there on the wage list if where just looking at last years lot 

I wonder if the club is still in touch with whoever convinced Plymouth to swap Adrian Littlejohn with Phil Starbuck?

Maybe get them involved and get them to broker a deal with Preston whereby we swap Flynn for Doyle...

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

They all look to be crashing with Ousmane Fane according to his Instagram.