Doyle/Byrne Value

So we’ve got two very good players on our hands (on loan) what do we reckon they are worth in the market ? I doubt we will be able to keep both beyond January, even with Abdullas investment I think it will cost us a whack to sign them both permanently  so it may even come down to keeping one permanently and losing the other, so if you had the choice who we would we rather sign on a permanent ? For me Byrne younger and could fetch a large fee in the future if he keeps his level of performance up, Doyle is a brilliant striker for our level but I think the area we’ve lacked previously is a proper creative midfield player who can create for the strikers, so this is up for debate what we thinking ?

Edited by Markspark92

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they keep this form up though other clubs will be interested in January and they will probably pay more than us, if we manage to sign one of them permanently I would be over the moon both highly unlikely though even with investment, I’d say Byrne is worth at least £250,000 and Doyle slightly more the more he socres the less likely we are able to sign him unfortunately 

2 hours ago, Markspark92 said:

If they keep this form up though other clubs will be interested in January and they will probably pay more than us, if we manage to sign one of them permanently I would be over the moon both highly unlikely though even with investment, I’d say Byrne is worth at least £250,000 and Doyle slightly more the more he socres the less likely we are able to sign him unfortunately 

Imagine if Byrne was our player and there was talk of SC selling him for 250k

I hope the new owners can see that too....it would be a bitter pill to swallow losing one nevermind both of them. Our powderpuff strikers have been starved of service from piss poor midfielders for so so long.

We've probably got the best two in the league now. If we can hold on to them and add a couple in January we could actually go up this season nevermind next!!

Edited by oafc1955

It's now that the club should be negotiating with their parent clubs to either buy or extend their loans come January. Like you say by January other clubs will be in for them with bigger offers. I hope we can keep both and Bryan who I think is under rated at the moment. 

The positive in Byrnes latest ifollow interview he talks of staying longer than the initial loan. However both Doyle and byrnes stock are raising week on week. Great to watch the pair, lets hope deals can be done. If we keep winning and rising up the league makes for happy players and happy players are happy to sign.

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

We can't even pay our own staff and we should be negotiating transfer fees and wages to keep these guys permanently?

Think short term priorities are slightly more pressing. And not sure how appealing an employer we'd be right now.

No but the takeover could probably will be a game changer in terms of keeping these 2 things could look very different in a month 2 months even a week from now.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No but the takeover could probably will be a game changer in terms of keeping these 2 things could look very different in a month 2 months even a week from now.

It has not been clarified as actually being a takeover yet-just to state the bleeding obvious.

I still have the feeling that deals for the pair have already been negotiated and the loan deals are nothing more than a clever disguise.

If not, then there is no either/or for me. It would be both every day of the week. They complement each other perfectly and instil confidence throughout the rest of the team. Without Doyle, the ball would come straight back and without Byrne, Doyle wouldnt get a sniff.

So both!

Edited by L1onheartNew

1 hour ago, youngen said:

Lee Johnson Championship manager of the month.

7 hours ago, philliggi said:

It's catch 22 choose Doyle and you lose Byrne who is doing the engine work providing assists for him. Lose Doyle and you are giving up potentially a 25 goal a year striker. 

If we ever needed to keep players in Jan it's these 2

I don't think it's the strikers misfiring it was the lack on chances created look at Rooney. Keep Bryan for me

4 hours ago, Lags said:

The positive in Byrnes latest ifollow interview he talks of staying longer than the initial loan. However both Doyle and byrnes stock are raising week on week. Great to watch the pair, lets hope deals can be done. If we keep winning and rising up the league makes for happy players and happy players are happy to sign.

Was going to say in his interview he talks like he's enjoying it here and wants to stay longer, sounds positive

Hard to say what our situation will be in January in terms of league position and takeover but if we keep hold of these 2 then I think that will state our ambitions

Could depend on what there contract situation is at their parent clubs not sure how long they have left, Byrne is obviously surplus to requirements at Wigan but they won’t want to lose him for free, and could they change there mind and bring him back if he’s preforming week in week out, we may have a chance if his contract is up next year it would decrease his value somewhat, Doyle on the other hand maybe still in Preston’s plans if he starts banging the goals in, I think we have a greater chance with signing Byrne permanent.