Doyle/Byrne Value

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I remember a couple of  players around  5' 2"  in the 1960/70s, Paul Clements and John Burdess, and goalkeeper Barry Gordine wasn't very tall.

Gordine is the first keeper I remember and I recall being very impress that his warm up routine involved twanging the crossbar. With hindsight not that impressive an achievement for a goalie but then I was only five 

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen on transfermarket.com Doyle is contracted to Preston till 2019 Byrne 2020 to Wigan it has Doyle currently valued at £600K and Byrne at £900K and that’s without wages, even if the takeover does get completed I doubt very much Abdullah will have £1.5M to splash out straight away on these 2 

On 10/9/2017 at 5:16 PM, Dave_Og said:

Gordine is the first keeper I remember and I recall being very impress that his warm up routine involved twanging the crossbar. With hindsight not that impressive an achievement for a goalie but then I was only five 

I also share that memory of Gordine-was he replaced by a goalie called Maurice Short?

1 hour ago, Markspark92 said:

Just seen on transfermarket.com Doyle is contracted to Preston till 2019 Byrne 2020 to Wigan it has Doyle currently valued at £600K and Byrne at £900K and that’s without wages, even if the takeover does get completed I doubt very much Abdullah will have £1.5M to splash out straight away on these 2 

That would be the same transfer market.com that values Ollie Banks at £113k, Paul Green at £225k and Ryan Flynn at £315k. Abdallah just has to flog those three and that’s Doyle paid for.

8 hours ago, Markspark92 said:

Please let my smoke and mirrors theory be true

On 9/10/2017 at 3:59 PM, Smiler13 said:

Bobby Johnstone was 5'3 , however he was a wizard with a leather ball that weighed a ton when it was wet. I know his height because Man City had a height restriction on players and when he joined from Hibs he just scrapped in. Alas my dad was given a junior contract at 16 but never grew above 5'1 so he finished up in the Tuesday league. 

On 9/10/2017 at 4:09 PM, Smiler13 said:

Can someone help me delete three previous posts I am having problems to post in The Philippines today sorry guys

On 9/10/2017 at 4:20 PM, disjointed said:

You cant delete, just wait for someone to come along and take the piss.

Alright we get it, your dad would have gone pro if he wasnt a midget

If the investers have any money then they would surely see these 2 as an investment to (a) get fans into the ground (b) a higher resale value and (c) have any chance of promotion

the asking prices may get pushed up if they keep up the performances and clubs know we have funds if/when the takeover happens

I'm not sure Preston will be looking to bring him back to play him. More likely that they'll be looking to sell. But it won't be for a nominal fee. 

I think the likes of MK, Peterborough, Charlton will all be looking to put up very hefty fees to sign him.

Sadly, I don't see us being able to compete. If he keeps scoring and has 15 or so goals by Jan you're probably looking at 500k as a starting bid.

17 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

I'm not sure Preston will be looking to bring him back to play him. More likely that they'll be looking to sell. But it won't be for a nominal fee. 

I think the likes of MK, Peterborough, Charlton will all be looking to put up very hefty fees to sign him.

Sadly, I don't see us being able to compete. If he keeps scoring and has 15 or so goals by Jan you're probably looking at 500k as a starting bid.

I heard Fleetwood are already trying to negotiate a deal for him.

Edited by bozman
typo

21 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Isn't it a shame we haven't got any new owners waiting in the wings who are potentially loaded............

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Isn't it a shame we haven't got any new owners waiting in the wings who are potentially loaded............

Are they loaded? How much are they worth? How much are they willing to spend on transfer fees? Are they willing to give Wellens money to spend or would they rather wait until the summer to see how he does before giving him money to spend?

We have no idea what the investors policy is on transfer spending. So we can't assume the money will be there to compete with the other teams who'll try and sign Doyle. 

All we have to go on is our recent history of transfer market dealings and on that basis 50p and a Mars Bar isn't going to be enough.

Edited by PlayItLivo

11 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Are they loaded? How much are they worth? How much are they willing to spend on transfer fees? Are they willing to give Wellens money to spend or would they rather wait until the summer to see how he does before giving him money to spend?

We have no idea what the investors policy is on transfer spending. So we can't assume the money will be there to compete with the other teams who'll try and sign Foyle. 

All we have to go on is our recent history of transfer market dealings and on that basis 50p and a Mars Bar isn't going to be enough.

Errr.... he said potentially 

1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

I agree and sadly it's partly why I'm not yet convinced that we will be challenging for a top 6 finish.  I'd say even with the new investment it's unlikely that we'll be able to outbid the bigger budget teams in our league for Doyle.  It's similar with Byrne but to a slightly lesser extent.

I'd love to be proven wrong but at the moment I'm just hoping for as many goals and points as we can get before January and then see the lay of the land from there.

1 hour ago, OldHallam said:

Will you cut the crap rumours please all bullshit. IF Doyle wants to stay with us he will be doing. If he wants another go at Preston it would be surprising. He is well aware of the situation at Preston who have just extended contacts on a couple of strikers. He can do a Ripley (cant say he has made 1% progress this season) and sit on his arse collecting a bigger wage at Preston or he can come here and continue enjoying his football. Hes been down the road of a big move not working for him some might say two failed moves. By January we will be fighting for promotion and he will want to stop here. ..... My point is why all the negativity lets look on the bright side for a change. Its Latics what could go wrong. 

Okay, it's negative but it's not unrealistic either.

I'm sure he is enjoying his football here, but if a Blackburn come in for him in January and it's down to who can offer the most in wages, who do you think he'd join?

He's on 8k a week apparently. Can we afford to get close to anything like that?

It's okay enjoying where you work, and money isn't always the deciding factor, but in a lot of cases it is, along with relocating etc.

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I heard a couple of people mention this at the match last night, willing to match his Preston wages apparently.

Why would he want to play for a shitty little club like Fleetwood? Fair do's if he gets an attractive offer from a big club but Fleetwood - do me a favour.

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I heard a couple of people mention this at the match last night, willing to match his Preston wages apparently.

Fairly sure someone on here who had a link to Doyle, mentioned shortly before we announced the loan that he was on 6 grand a week at PNE. Can't recall the username but was an Irish based poster.