Who was better Rodger Wylde or Simon Stainrod?

Just now, L1onheartNew said:

I was distraught when Stainrod bailed to QPR, but Wylde had a panache and swagger about him that is rarely seen these days. I think he was my one and only man crush. 

Players that made you feel sad/upset/gutted/distraught, when they left.....

Andy Goram, to Hibs 1987

Tommy Wright, to Leicester 1989

Denis Irwin, to Manure 1990

Mike Milligan, to Everton 1990

Paul Warhurst, to Weds 1991

Neil Redfearn, to Barnsley 1991

Rick Holden, to Citeh 1992

Ian Marshall, to Ipswich 1993

Neil Adams, to Norwich 1994

Andy Ritchie, to Scarborough 1995

David Shaw to West Brom  1973. He was forgiven in 45 glorious minutes on his return.

Alan Young to Leicester 1979. I was absolutely inconsolable.

Andy Linighan to Norwich 1988. What was he thinking? He could have had a championship medal. Oh. Wait.

Neil Redfearn to Barnsley 1991. WTF?

Edit: nearly 40 years on and i still cannot get over Youngy leaving. Jesus, i am a sad bastard. 

Edited by L1onheartNew

9 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

David Shaw to West Brom  1973. He was forgiven in 45 glorious minutes on his return.

Alan Young to Leicester 1979. I was absolutely inconsolable.

Andy Linighan to Norwich 1988. What was he thinking? He could have had a championship medal. Oh. Wait.

Neil Redfearn to Barnsley 1991. WTF?

I forgot Linighan, spot on. I was also a bit miffed when Micheal Flynn left for Norwich too......

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Can’t believe it’s up for debate, a no brainer....Stainrod was a magician with a football. As good as Wylde was, Stainrod should have graced Div. 1...unbelievably skilful player!!

Agree Stainrod had all the tricks but his goal record was one every three and a bit games for us and Wylde nearly 1 every other. Still would have either in today's team! 

16 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Wylde was a great goal scorer who played with a swagger and who made me lose a little bladder control at Rotherham.

Stainrod was at least one class above. One of the best players ever to grace BP. He got people so excited that he could even start a riot.

Yes, Wylde scored a fab hatrick there.Seem to recall Ronnie Moore played for them but may be wrong.One of his hatrick was  a screemer.

Stainrod had more flair Imo but both great strikers

9 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Roger Wylde for me, being younger and less sophisticated silky skills were not my priority - give me goals or blood and thunder tackles!

Different now and would like to see some Stainrod games to remind me

Go compare;

Edited by BP1960

12 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Wylde was a great goal scorer who played with a swagger and who made me lose a little bladder control at Rotherham.

Stainrod was at least one class above. One of the best players ever to grace BP. He got people so excited that he could even start a riot.

Yes, he stopped the running 'currant' and created a tidal wave.

Which reminds me, i swapped 50 sultanas for 20 raisins the other day. I still cannot believe the currant exchange rate.