Club statement HMRC raid

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

If they are buying the club as a "trophy" purchase, then it's realistic to think they would want to spend a bit of money on trophy polish.

Yes But once you start using duraglit you have to continue using duraglit until it becomes too expensive etc......

3 minutes ago, Magister said:

Yes But once you start using duraglit you have to continue using duraglit until it becomes too expensive etc......

Unless you know how to clean silver using soda crystals and tin foil. You can have a shiny trophy and spend some of your Duraglit money on pie availability.

Either party could insist on a Non Disclosure Agreement (as with player transfer dealings) and if they do we will not get to find out anything.

Fans have to stop thinking of takeovers like this in terms of being a fan, the modern game is sadly a business, and we have to get used to thinking of it like this. The deal is between businessmen and as such all we will get to learn is whatever they choose to tell us, which could be nothing.

Just enjoy the football and hope under new ownership there are happier times ahead. 

41 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Either party could insist on a Non Disclosure Agreement (as with player transfer dealings) and if they do we will not get to find out anything.

Fans have to stop thinking of takeovers like this in terms of being a fan, the modern game is sadly a business, and we have to get used to thinking of it like this. The deal is between businessmen and as such all we will get to learn is whatever they choose to tell us, which could be nothing.

Just enjoy the football and hope under new ownership there are happier times ahead. 

There will 100% be an NDA. Standard practice. 

On 10/12/2017 at 8:57 AM, Wardie said:

I think you are hoping for just a tad too much info. :D 

Magister being Joe Public probably is. The Trust with shares in OAFC shouldn't be in the dark on the matter though. Yet despite attempts to get answers, none have been forthcoming.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong on that though.

6 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Magister being Joe Public probably is. The Trust with shares in OAFC shouldn't be in the dark on the matter though. Yet despite attempts to get answers, none have been forthcoming.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong on that though.

Your right,  it's a fine balancing act of what we are entitled to know, get to know and what we should be doing ourselves too.

We will of course always act in the best interest of our club.

Edited by underdog

On 12/8/2017 at 9:46 AM, Hands on said:

I love the "truth".  Yes there were only eight HMRC but what about the other six from the SFO.

Mark Moisey " "I heard things like the serious fraud office were involved, no they weren't, they didn't come to the ground. I heard things like computers were getting taken away, no they weren't.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-athletic-abdallah-lemsagam-latics-14030272

1 minute ago, singe said:

Mark Moisey " "I heard things like the serious fraud office were involved, no they weren't, they didn't come to the ground. I heard things like computers were getting taken away, no they weren't.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-athletic-abdallah-lemsagam-latics-14030272

Since when did club officials know more than our elite OWTB members ? People on here can tell you salaries of not only our players but the other 23 teams in our league too. Stop posting facts .... we only deal in FACTS here. 

On 11/27/2017 at 4:49 PM, Magister said:

Serious  Fraud Office also in attendance .  8 in Club office and 6 in OEC

Interestingly Mark Moisley refutes two of these points categorically.

"I heard things like the serious fraud office were involved, no they weren't, they didn't come to the ground. I heard things like computers were getting taken away, no they weren't."

18 minutes ago, singe said:

Interestingly Mark Moisley refutes two of these points categorically.

"I heard things like the serious fraud office were involved, no they weren't, they didn't come to the ground. I heard things like computers were getting taken away, no they weren't."

Interesting indeed!.......perhaps Mr Moisley would retain more credibility if he talked about what did happen then....not what he says did not happen

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

He did - they asked for some paperwork which was provided and has now been returned 

Was it very heavy this paperwork then if it needed the attendance of so many officialls? .....if I wanted paperwork I would ring up and ask for it ...wouldn't you ? ....unless of course......

Just now, Magister said:

Well the HMRC don't come round to me to pick up paperwork........

They clearly aren’t looking into anything where you may be of interest. Arguing with you is quite tiresome - my point was you said Moisley should say what occurred - I rightly pointed out that he did just that in what was requested, provided and subsequently returned. The details of what all that was would never be revealed by any company but whatever it is no one at the club seems overly concerned so I won’t be letting it ruin my Christmas 

Just now, Buckshawlatic said:

They clearly aren’t looking into anything where you may be of interest. Arguing with you is quite tiresome - my point was you said Moisley should say what occurred - I rightly pointed out that he did just that in what was requested, provided and subsequently returned. The details of what all that was would never be revealed by any company but whatever it is no one at the club seems overly concerned so I won’t be letting it ruin my Christmas 

Moisley has said paper not computers was taken away....so what? They turned up mob handed for a reason and took stuff away and Moisley's words do not in any way advance or clarify discussion around the issue