Blackburn Away

7 minutes ago, Clifford said:

The steam was coming off the little girlnand her granddad so it was a tad warmer than you'd like. The owner is fucking coward if they didn't do anything about it. As is anyone who saw who it was.

He spent most of the match looking for it after it was nicked off him during the beach ball game.

14 hours ago, underdog said:

BBC manc was a praising Davies a lot and Blackburn fans forum commenting on our big unit upfront causing chaos too.

so I am curious as he seems to be the new whipping boy, how did our fans who went think Davies did today? 

That’s the best game I’ve seen Davies have for us

Not seen the goals on tv yet but seemed very impressive on the day. We looked comfortable first half so it was disappointing to eventually go 2-2. 

Fantastic support from our lot, but we haven’t half got some knobheads that come out of the woodwork. The hoards of Dark Fruit drinking children shouting at the police in the train station after the game was cringe-worthy.

And what’s that ‘shagging your sister’ song all about?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, opinions4u said:

My abridged match report.  A little focus on basic disabled facilities that we also lack at BP.

https://davestringertravels.com/2018/02/11/no-nay-never/

Fully agree on the disabled access. The lack of proper facilities for their (slightly) ambulant disabled at grounds is an issue I am familiar with both as the disabled person and their helper.

Narrow turnstiles and vomitories

Lack (or complete absence) of seats in the concourse

No handrails

Poor toilet facilities

Expensive and/or very distant parking

That’s before I consider the behaviour of the fans, which sometimes leaves an awful lot to be desired.

1 minute ago, rudemedic said:

Fully agree on the disabled access. The lack of proper facilities for their (slightly) ambulant disabled at grounds is an issue I am familiar with both as the disabled person and their helper.

Narrow turnstiles and vomitories

Lack (or complete absence) of seats in the concourse

No handrails

Poor toilet facilities

Expensive and/or very distant parking

That’s before I consider the behaviour of the fans, which sometimes leaves an awful lot to be desired.

I'll borrow those comments to aid research.

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

The steam was coming off the little girlnand her granddad so it was a tad warmer than you'd like. The owner is fucking coward if they didn't do anything about it. As is anyone who saw who it was.

My mate, thinking it was a shoe or something similar... decided to rise up and head the flask, smashed on his head and the glass then shattered all behind us where the older gentleman was. 

Definitely warm but not boiling. We still couldn’t tell wht was in it. 

Whoever threw it is a right tosser. At any fans is wrong, but at your own?!? Weird. 

2 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

Just watched the goals on TV, Johnny should be spending less time on Tinder and practising his keeping. He should have done much better with that free kick.

Good FK...there was a lot of bend on it, it started way outside the post but Placide should have had it covered. He was defending that side of the goal and definitely should have done much better. At the other end how Holloway missed the target is beyond me....he’d done really well in creating the chance and then totally fluffed it. He looked to me like he was actually trying to place his shot to the keepers right and miss kicked

12 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

It’s true that the totally needless tackle by Fane left him unable to be as effective in the 2nd half. And it’s easy to see that a lack of games in the tank for Nazon, Moimbe and Pringle has seen the side lose energy and composure doing that final half hour. Slight criticism of Wellens is he should’ve acted a bit sooner to the situation. Even Gardner struggles to be effective for 90mins so the subs were needed a lot sooner than they came. Another lesson learned for our young manager. 

Overall, it was a cracking point to leave with. We left with much more than most was expecting from the game. Would’ve been more had the ref not kept giving them a free kick every time their player ran full pelt into ours. The FK for their 1st goal was an appalling decision. Although, Johnny has to do better with that goal. He’s stood there & watches it sail right in. Poor. 

No quarms about the red card tho. Even if he got a slight touch of the ball it was a dangerous lunge and had I no complaints with a card. Moimbe struggled with the pace as the game wore on & Blackburn bombarded his area. With more games, he will be fit enough to perform as well as he was doing but for a full 90 minutes. 

Lots and lots of positives after today. Must keep it going on Tuesday. 

I don’t get this with keepers moving one way before the ball is even kicked, only for it to render them unable to get back to the other side. Placide did exactly that yesterday. It’s a trend which you see week in week out at all levels.

Not saying you’re one - I don’t pay attention that much - but there is definitely becoming a boo boy element with Placide, trying to pin blame for every goal we concede.

At this level goalkeepers will make mistakes - Blackburn fans will probably be complaining about their keeper after both of our goals

Edited by NewBlue

1 hour ago, MAC0AFC said:

My mate, thinking it was a shoe or something similar... decided to rise up and head the flask, smashed on his head and the glass then shattered all behind us where the older gentleman was. 

Whoever threw it is a right tosser. At any fans is wrong, but at your own?!? Weird. 

Was that after the first goal? I was about 5 seats from the home end - directly behind the goal - and noticed something fly through the air which definitely came from the Blackburn end...

4 hours ago, Clifford said:

I don't post on here often but this is an absolute disgrace.I caught site of a bottle being thrown in RRE once.It's not the same simpleton is it?If so he/she needs banning for life.

14 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I don’t get this with keepers moving one way before the ball is even kicked, only for it to render them unable to get back to the other side. Placide did exactly that yesterday. It’s a trend which you see week in week out at all levels.

Not saying you’re one - I don’t pay attention that much - but there is definitely becoming a boo boy element with Placide, trying to pin blame for every goal we concede.

At this level goalkeepers will make mistakes - Blackburn fans will probably be complaining about their keeper after both of our goals

Placide is no boo boy but isn't as good as many claim he is, caught on his heels for both goals again yesterday and seems to ball watch too much for my liking, they shoot they score is something I pinned on him a while ago and I think although strictly not true he lets a very high percentage of on target shots in.

Edited by yarddog73

2 hours ago, MAC0AFC said:

I recall seeing that actually. Was about 3 or 4 rows in front of you and I’m sure you were picking glass out of his hair.

Edited by sjk2008

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

Was that after the first goal? I was about 5 seats from the home end - directly behind the goal - and noticed something fly through the air which definitely came from the Blackburn end...

They lobbed a few things over onto our side, including the smoke bomb after the first goal which thankfully landed on the meshing..

3 hours ago, NewBlue said:

14 (?) without a clean sheet isn't great though.

Nazon has now scored 10 goals in 1250 minutes this season (198 for us and 1052 for Coventry).   Early days for us I know but those two goals on Saturday means his season average increased from 31 to 33 goals.  That's assuming he maintains that streak but he looks the real deal - my Cov supporting friends we're kicking themselves that they couldn't keep him.

He's also very well regarded at Wolves.   Hopefully they will allow us to sign him on loan again next season because him and Doyle (assuming we secure him) would be brilliant together up front.  Failing the capture Doyle; him and Davies would be a great start.

5 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

I recall seeing that actually. Was about 3 or 4 rows in front of you and I’m sure you were picking glass out of his hair.

Yep. Silly of him to head it, but he wasn’t thinking it was gonna be a glass flask. 

A certain moron element with our our fan base but on the whole, it’s bloody fantastic doing away days with our lot. 

Yesterday was one of them brilliant days start to finish, shame about draw feeling more like a loss.

Edited by MAC0AFC