Blackburn Away

Come away disappointed with a draw there. With class like Mulgrew/Bennett/Payne/Dack you’ve got to reflect upon it positively though.

Moimbe is a very capable footballer but needs a brain transplant. Fane was particularly Bambi-legged today - had he been on the piss? Bryan very impressive. Davies did a job. The Duck. Words don’t describe how impressive them goals were. Absolutely superb.

If Holloway had scored that goal in injury time I can’t imagine the scenes, but again a great first touch but finish let’s him down.

Said it so many times but can’t believe we’re down there with this side. Half of the league would swap their side for ours. Anyhow, what a club. The football Gods will reward us some day am sure.

Oh, and the referee. An absolute disgrace. Another homer who favours the supposed big club. Some of the fouls he gave, especially when we had ten men, were baffling, and I’m one of the more objective fans...

Edited by NewBlue
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

So if the ref keeps penalising u for repeat offences, learn and stop doing it. If u know he’s pedantic, play accordingly. Stop giving them excuses

Accordingly being... don’t risk a tackle in case he books you / gives you a second yellow harshly? = let them get back into it because he doesn’t book the opposition so they don’t need to be careful and have free reign to waltz through our defence?

Nope. No excuses to be made ?

Edited by maddog
Typo-tastic
  • Like 1

Just got back and satisfied with a point at a ground that is absolutely shocking for us.

we had them for 60 minutes but felt we sat back too much and inviting them on with the quality of the their players was always risky and so it proved, if anyone would have said we’d take 4 points from 6 against Bradford and Blackburn I’d have ripped their arm off.

just hope we have no fresh injuries and someone capable of filling in at LB for tuesdays game which is a  must win 

Edited by Brisbaneblue

We saw every different Oldham Athletic possible today;

First 40 mins, a high energy, high pressing team. A team that could have been 2-0 or more against any team in the league. 

45-55- decreasingly confident Latics getting forward with flurries of what we did in the first half without the same sting we had in the first half.

55-63- Nervy Latics, which gave birth to the rash challenge which lead to the free kick and goal.

63-82- Self destructive Latics. Another goal and panicky defending which gave way to the sending off by a silly challenge from Miombe.

82-98- Gritty and damn right luck riding Latics with a hint of confrence decision making.

If all kept thier composure and Wellens had made a couple of subs earlier such as taking Miombe off before he could twat someone needlessly we could have seen that out I think. 

On a side note, the ref. What a prick. Not one booking for them even though some of their fouls were on a par with ours. Free kicks given against that couldn't feasibly have been our player doing the fouling e.g Dummigan towards the end, literally having his shirt removed yet goes the other way. 

A point that feels a little bit sickly to swallow but on to Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Stanley30 said:

So if the ref keeps penalising u for repeat offences, learn and stop doing it. If u know he’s pedantic, play accordingly. Stop giving them excuses

I can see were you are coming from but a homer of a ref can seriously alter the dynamic of the game.
Playing accordingly then allows the opposition to have free reign.

Personally, I think the booking of Fane killed us just before half time. It meant that, in the 2nd half, he was walking a tightrope and wasn't pressing as much, which in turn meant we weren't pressing as a team. Whether you rate him or not, there is no disputing the fact that he has presses opposition players effectively for us.

Disappointed not to win. First half, we were excellent. 2nd half, there was only one time who looked like they fancied the win. Huge game on Tuesday...

BBC manc was a praising Davies a lot and Blackburn fans forum commenting on our big unit upfront causing chaos too.

so I am curious as he seems to be the new whipping boy, how did our fans who went think Davies did today? 

Edited by underdog

48 minutes ago, kev1969 said:

And to make day worse cannot get in the pubs either forcing us back on trains 

Can't really blame them.  Noticed too many dickheads trying to goad the coppers and cause trouble ruining it for everyone else.  It was more embarrassing than our defensive performance in the second half.

2 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

AH should have scored - he is not a natural

footballer?

Cracking first-half.  Fortunate in the second.  Bryan Man of the Match. Gardner definitely not.

Cracking support from us, although I think smoke bombs would go into my Room 101, especially when the opposition's fans try and lob one into our end.

Guest Stanley30
13 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I can see were you are coming from but a homer of a ref can seriously alter the dynamic of the game.
Playing accordingly then allows the opposition to have free reign.

You will not win a battle against a ref

Great first half and nearly went 3 up at the start of the second half but Davies could not get a full shot and got hurt in his attempt.

Likewise at the end when Holloway scuffed his chance of hitting the winner.

I've not seen a better first half away for a long time and both goals were well taken and left our fans in raptures.

Our support away is always good none more so than today .Blackburn did not know what had hit them and they were outplayed,out thought and out sung .

Pity we let them get back in the game second half and had a player sent off but the players hung on bravely and nearly won it.

The ground would have erupted but still I would have settled for a draw before kick off.

Special praise for our fans and the team for their efforts straight from kick off.

The same can't be said for another set of homer officials and a couple of blatant dives from Blackburn.

We have no one to fear in this division if we keep up the teamwork shown in the last two games against top six teams.

On to Tuesday....Let's get revenge for that 4-4 draw after giving away a 4-2 lead.