Bury (A)

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Because they are used to the pitch and there is less disruption to their preparations (Not as much time spent travelling)... 

plus they "know" the ground remember being told by carl valentine he didnt need to be able to look up before he crossed the ball he could glance sideways and know where he was by position of the advertisements  pretty much the same with the goal in the chaddy view obstructed  by a defender he knew where to place the ball using the infamous pillars 

46 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Fans are never the difference in a football match between 22 grown men...

I have done a lot of work in behavioural study - it’s proven that human beings react well when encouraged and poorly when derided.

footballers (or 22 grown men) are no different 

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Adam said that they ‘have been the difference before’ and I would agree. 

They certainly were at Chesterfield last season - for 45 minutes with a man down that atmosphere made us look the home team 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Nope. The difference was a Peter Clarke header...

To say the support had nothing to do with the fact the players kept their spirit for that entire half up against the wall prior to that header is frankly bollocks - and I respect you as a poster 

Just now, Buckshawlatic said:

To say the support had nothing to do with the fact the players kept their spirit for that entire half up against the wall prior to that header is frankly bollocks - and I respect you as a poster 

I too would say it did but how can anyone ever know? 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

The officials make those decisions based only on the decisions made by the players.

So if the ball crosses the line or not is down to the players? 

A handball that isn’t a handball is the player?

a foul outside the box versus in the box is the players decision?

a foul that isn’t actually a foul is the players decision?

ok 

29 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I am not saying it had nothing to do with it. But it wasn't the difference. Peter Clarke's goal was...