Bury (A)

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not sure I follow ? Are u insinuating that the mother of my children is Gill Ingham? If I’m right that’s very clever ! If not I’m barking up the wrong un. Incidentally if I’d done the wrong un I also wouldn’t be in this predicament ?

More about what going to Gillingham does to the male appendage. 

3 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

“Hi Ste, we are in dialog with Bury and they have assured us the East Stand behind the opposite goal will be open for pay on the day should we sell the full allocation. Thanks”

from official Twitter

So we have got both ends? Proper needs publicising if so.

31 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Great if you have got about 1 and a half hours to kill.

Sorry, a bit off topic but forgive me as a southern exile!

I'm from Middleton, went to school in Bury and used to get the 163 from the bottom of Hollin Lane (early 70s, a lifetime ago!). Back then it only used to take about 20 minutes to Heywood (straight up Hollin Lane and on to Heywood) but I had to change to another bus in Heywood (can't remember the number). Even so the whole journey wasn't more than an hour, I think, even on Saturdays when I made the trek to play football for the school team. Sounds like the 163 carries on to Bury now, albeit very slowly?

Apologies for being an anorak but nostalgia got the better of me. Somebody mentioned the Two Tubs in Bury earlier, glad to hear that's still going, was a great pub back then. We used to nip in in the 6th form if we had a convenient free period! Hope none of my teachers are reading this.........

11 minutes ago, rvlatic said:

Bury FC (First Team) v Oldham Athletic FC (First Team)
Football League 1
Referee: Woolmer, Andy
Assistant Referee: Crysell, Adam
Assistant Referee: Dermott, Philip
Fourth Official: Backhouse, Anthony

Oh ffs, isn’t that the knob who reffed us a couple of years ago at home to Sheff Utd, was 0-2. My god he was terrible. Think we’ve had him since and he’s been OK but it sticks in my mind that game.

3 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

“Hi Ste, we are in dialog with Bury and they have assured us the East Stand behind the opposite goal will be open for pay on the day should we sell the full allocation. Thanks”

from official Twitter

As I said earlier, Bradford and Blackburn had both ends.

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Oh ffs, isn’t that the knob who reffed us a couple of years ago at home to Sheff Utd, was 0-2. My god he was terrible. Think we’ve had him since and he’s been OK but it sticks in my mind that game.

He's the only referee who's name has stuck in my head since I started watching Latics in 1990 (him and possibly Mike Dean, if it was him that sent Rick Holden off for pushing Lee Dixon in 93/94).

Terrible, terrible, terrible referee.

Terrible.

25 minutes ago, JoeP said:

He's the only referee who's name has stuck in my head since I started watching Latics in 1990 (him and possibly Mike Dean, if it was him that sent Rick Holden off for pushing Lee Dixon in 93/94).

Terrible, terrible, terrible referee.

Terrible.

The mighty Roger Milford and his lovely stoppage time at Southampton just creeps into your time frame. Who could forget him and his flowing locks?

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Sorry, a bit off topic but forgive me as a southern exile!

I'm from Middleton, went to school in Bury and used to get the 163 from the bottom of Hollin Lane (early 70s, a lifetime ago!). Back then it only used to take about 20 minutes to Heywood (straight  up Hollin Lane and on to Heywood) but I had to change to another bus in Heywood (can't remember the number). Even so the whole journey wasn't more than an hour, I think, even on Saturdays when I made the trek to play football for the school team. Sounds like the 163 carries on to Bury now, albeit very slowly?

Apologies for being an anorak but nostalgia got the better of me. Somebody mentioned the Two Tubs in Bury earlier, glad to hear that's still going, was a great pub back then. We used to nip in in the 6th form if we had a convenient free period! Hope none of my teachers are reading this.........

The 163 now avoids the bottom of Hollin Lane. It takes it chance doing a circular of the ponderosa (ask your parents), after a quick run through Heywood (the less time spent there the better), it meanders through Darn Hill for an eternity. Nostalgia aint all its cracked up to be.