Bury (A)

1 hour ago, pukka said:

They were 2 divisions below travelling 85 miles each way.

We are 2 divisions above travelling just under 30.

The lack of home fans as Latics22 points out, should be much more the issue.

That's the thing that got me about Blackburn. Looking around at some of the daytrippers, it did have me thinking it'd be nice if a few of them turned up to Boundary Park more than once in a blue moon. You could tell there were a good few hundred there that have barely seen inside the ground at Oldham in a while. I just hope the upsurge in form and enjoyment entices them to spend twenty odd quid on us than giving it to a less-in-need Blackburn. I can dream I suppose.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

19/10 if I wasn’t a recovering gambling addict, I would say that’s worth a few quid 

For me, it's got 1-1 written all over it with Ripley having a stormer.

4 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Sooooo..

Doyle and Nazon to start?

Not for me. If Davies and Holloway are classed as too similar, Doyle and Nazon are also similar. Need the bulk of Davies with the movement of a Doyle or Nazon IMO.

Edited by boundaryblue80
  • Like 1

Personally I hope we have a stormer and I hope Ripley has a mare. I would love Doyle to put three past him and the rest of the team to chip in with another 3. It would do our goal difference a world of good. Ripley won’t have his best mate in front of him on Saturday so come on you tangerine and blue let’s put some great goals on the board. Over 2500 will be there so let’s give them something to cheer about. Why oh why do our supporters always have to support the opposition. Just because there is an ex player playing against us. Last year and this are two different seasons so come on let’s encourage our team to score a record number of goals at Gigg Lane.

22 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

When other teams do it, it is also pretty impressive imho.

I'm always impressed to see a big away following and a good bounce whether at ours or just in general - I follow a few accounts on Twitter dedicated to such things sad bastard that I am..

What this discussion has highlighted though is that we now have a cabal (love that word) of supporters wanking themselves into a frenzy over what, when you actually think about it, aren't such impressive away followings after all... 

I don’t get it why should we encourage Ripley to have a great game against us????  We should be encouraging our forwards to put as many into his onion bag as we can. 

Edited by Smiler13

3 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I don’t get it why should we encourage Ripley to have a great game against us????  We should be encouraging our forwards to put as many into his onion bag as we can. 

I'll clap Ripley, and I want us to go in for him in summer if we have decent £££ to throw at wages, he is 10x better than Jonny Tinder. 

However, I hope Doyle makes a fool of him tomorrow. 

Think Davies and Nazon will start with Doyle coming off the bench with 30-35 left. Unless we are losing at HT then he'll come on then

2 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

I'll clap Ripley, and I want us to go in for him in summer if we have decent £££ to throw at wages, he is 10x better than Jonny Tinder. 

However, I hope Doyle makes a fool of him tomorrow. 

Think Davies and Nazon will start with Doyle coming off the bench with 30-35 left. Unless we are losing at HT then he'll come on then

Disagree with you about Johnny and Bryan seems to agree with me in today’s press. Ripleys distribution has always been bad however his shot stopping last season was excellent but he’s not got many clean sheets this season so hoping we can bag a few on Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Disagree with you about Johnny and Bryan seems to agree with me in today’s press. Ripleys distribution has always been bad however his shot stopping last season was excellent but he’s not got many clean sheets this season so hoping we can bag a few on Saturday. 

Jonny boots it out of play most of his passes...

Bryan isn't going to come out and slag off his keeper is he lol

Never a first choice for me, just because he can do a cryuff turn he's some people's wonder keeper. 

I don't NOT like him, I just think we can do better, especially if we have decent ££ to throw at wages

Ripley is the best keeper we have had at Latics in god knows how long

Edited by aaronoafc

Just now, aaronoafc said:

Jonny boots it out of play most of his passes...

Bryan isn't going to come out and slag off his keeper is he lol

Never a first choice for me, just because he can do a cryuff turn he's some people's wonder keeper. 

Ripley is the best keeper we have had at Latics in god knows how long

Was the best shot stopper in a long while granted but the rest of his play was rubbish. Even Carlo Nash said in the summer that if Ripley came back he would have to seriously work on his distribution. Will be good to compare one against the other in a real game tomorrow. Bring it on. 

4 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Was the best shot stopper in a long while granted but the rest of his play was rubbish. Even Carlo Nash said in the summer that if Ripley came back he would have to seriously work on his distribution. Will be good to compare one against the other in a real game tomorrow. Bring it on. 

Well of course this season I hope ours is better :D 

If I had to pick a keeper for next season though it would be Ripley all day for me 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

What this discussion has highlighted though is that we now have a cabal (love that word) of supporters wanking themselves into a frenzy over what, when you actually think about it, aren't such impressive away followings after all... 

I'd always favour cadre over cabal.

#thesauruslads

1 minute ago, BFC1885 said:

Millwall of the north? Great.

Just about to leave for Paris so should I board up our house before we go or will your 1980s section manage to keep their hands to themselves?

Publish the address, unlock the doors and leave a few crates of beer out.

cheers.