Bury (A)

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Bad scene when Dark Clouds is looking to score runs off you.

Nooo, bad scene is when i see said idiots walking round with red hand of ulster flags and glorifying loyalists.. 

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Every club has dickheads. Tis for the better that we have lots of, because it lessens the likelihood of opposition dickheads (or police) taking it out on normals.

Im pretty sure that if we didnt have so many dickheads I would have been able to get a pint in Bury town centre after the game.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Im pretty sure that if we didnt have so many dickheads I would have been able to get a pint in Bury town centre after the game.

We managed to get served in the supporters club in the ground, then in the staff of life on Manchester road. There were a few in the Two Tubs before I left around 8.30 ish.

Saw no bother whatsoever. Friendly locals too.

22 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You were. 

They designated the Two Tups (or whatever it's called) as an away fans pub for after the match.

I'd still rather my human rights, or those of local landlords who could have a really good days takings, weren't abused at all but it seemed like progress all the same...

Or it would have done had they told anyone... 

4 hours ago, pukka said:

We managed to get served in the supporters club in the ground, then in the staff of life on Manchester road. There were a few in the Two Tubs before I left around 8.30 ish.

Saw no bother whatsoever. Friendly locals too.

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

You were. 

They designated the Two Tups (or whatever it's called) as an away fans pub for after the match.

I'd still rather my human rights, or those of local landlords who could have a really good days takings, weren't abused at all but it seemed like progress all the same...

Or it would have done had they told anyone... 

Thats probably my own fault for not being abit more prepared before I went.

However our away followings are starting to resemble dickheads day out and are now being accompanied by large police presence a few of whom will only happily be abit trigger happy with their trunctions ( no pun intended :) )

Those of us just looking for a few pints a sing song and a good game might find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2018 at 6:55 PM, rigsby said:

So, we have 6 home games to go and 4 away.

The home games all look winnable -

Pompey, wallsall, blackpool,gillingham, doncaster and southend.

IMO we only need to win 3 of those and pick up 1 away win and thats 15 points, which would leave us on 55, dont think we will be going down with 55 points.

The away points at blackburn and bury will turn out to be good results.

iF??????

14 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

However our away followings are starting to resemble dickheads day out and are now being accompanied by large police presence a few of whom will only happily be abit trigger happy with their trunctions ( no pun intended :) )

Those of us just looking for a few pints a sing song and a good game might find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's been like this ever since Rochdale first came up (it seems) and that hasn't happened so far... 

14 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Thats probably my own fault for not being abit more prepared before I went.

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

It's been like this ever since Rochdale first came up (it seems) and that hasn't happened so far... 

Think it depends on the police force. There was a bit of trouble but not as much as when people were locked out. 

GMP seemingly over-react compared to others see recent trips to Bury, Dale, Bolton in comparison with our recent trip to Blackburn. I think Wigan may have similar issues which is a pain if you want to watch the egg-chasing. 

Absolutely no point in shutting pubs if fans can readily mix around the ground. 

PS 2 Tubs wasn't the only pub serving. No issues at the Trackside and I would wager you'd have gotten served at the Paper Mill too. 

On 12 March 2018 at 2:53 PM, Monty Burns said:

Personally, I attended a place that had cemetary in its name and put loads of top songs on the jukebox.

And charged £3.50 for a chip butty, although it was artisan bread. We had chip chiabatta whilst others had chip brioche 

On 10 March 2018 at 9:55 PM, BP1960 said:

Well he did just that for 89+minutes and I doubt if RW will be pleased. 

I'd be surprised if he starts the next game.

Think it will be him and Doyle against Pompey. Agree about Davies, he tapped it in due to Nazon running forward, going past 1 defender, having a go and Shooting. He scuffed the shot but Davies had an open net to tape into from 5 yards out. 

I like Davies though, I think he should start. He certainly blows hot and cold, but we need more from him weekly than his performance at Bury. 

On 10 March 2018 at 10:18 PM, wilsonjunior said:

Yeah I have to agree, no messing about and put in a solid performance! 

Completely Agree. Played excellent when he came on. 

Overall I thought we where absolutely garbage the first 30 minutes, don't get me wrong Bury where very good, but we just weren't up for it. Surprising given the following, which I don't care what you say, that should and normally does lift a player. I'd rather 3000 Cheer me on than 12. 

Thought Nazon was okay first half, couple of nice dribbles and his "having a go" lead to the goal out of nowhere. 

Second half much better, I'm not a pringle fan really and have shouted for him to be dropped but he got us out of jail there. 

Number of times in the second half though, we had the chance to shoot but would try one more pass, we're not the Arsenal of old for gods sake trying to pass it in, hit the bloody thing! 

On 12 March 2018 at 8:44 AM, Dave_Og said:

Perhaps more pertinently would Holloway have been in the right place to tap it in?

Nope. 

Big Holloway fan until recently, even when he came on near the end he was just jogging around. Lazy 

Baffles me to see the amount of shit our strikers get. That was possibly the worst midfield performances I've seen for many a year (possibly Lincoln away in the Cup aside). Didn't defend, couldn't hold the ball, players literally falling on their arse every two minutes. And while Gardner, Byrne and Fane has been discussed aplenty, I can only assume Pringle escapes any criticism due to him scoring. Fair enough I suppose, coz he too was fucking awful most of the game but was one of very few who decided to shoot when in a good position.

The absolute shit sandwich our strikers were served on Saturday was incredible. It was Nazon coming deep into midfield to pick up the ball and take their defence on that created our first goal. That tells you everything about how shite the midfield quartet were. I can only assume he let the 4 of them play all game because he's protecting McEleney.

Nice to see Brian Wilson getting praise. Rightly so. Placide was a bit Jekyll and Hyde. Made some key saves and kept Bury in touch by HT but his kicking also invited shitloads of pressure onto us at times. Miombe deserves some praise after his stupid early booking saw him walking a tightrope. Did well and made a crucial clearance at the end. Also won a few FKs by running the ball out of defence and being fouled.

I didn't make it to Scunny but the commentary suggested we got hammered in the 1st half there and got away with it. It seems like Bury was a carbon copy to Scunny (1st half) but Bury found the net. Time to think about re-jigging the midfield starting with McEleney starting methinks. We need to be looking at a minimum of 4pts from the next 2 home games.

Edited by boundaryblue80
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

And not a single £ coin among ‘em either ?

The little girl I saw on the way out had done ok, she had found about a fiver. Her sister however had taken a piece of wood to the head. Suppose some days you're the pigeon, and some you're the statue

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

IF Wimbledon beat Charlton on Tuesday, then we can send this lot down on Wednesday. Nice little extra incentive to do well Vs Walsall. 

Would still rather Charlton beat Wimbledon, not worried about Bury, they are down already.