Bury (A)

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He did man up ! He played and scored ! What do you want him to do ? Join in with the massive FYC boys and then nob the other teams players wags In the centre circle ?

Now that would be half time entertainment

7 hours ago, Simpo said:

Craig Davies said on Friday he had a stinking cold. So we can cut him a bot of slack. 14 goals now this season too, including a few one-twos off the keeper from the penalty spot. ;)

So we had 2 players not 100% fit, makes you wonder why they started?

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So we had 2 players not 100% fit, makes you wonder why they started?

One of which SCORED and the other was playing well imo until he went off. I would rather players that want to play rather than some of the mard arses taking two weeks off for a broken nail. I think it shows commitment to the team. And I do realise it can backfire like it semi did yesterday. Out of interest who would you have started with BP ? 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

One of which SCORED and the other was playing well imo until he went off. I would rather players that want to play rather than some of the mard arses taking two weeks off for a broken nail. I think it shows commitment to the team. And I do realise it can backfire like it semi did yesterday. Out of interest who would you have started with BP ? 

I thought Wilson played really well

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Davies looked lethargic from the kick off.

Gerrard was obviously injured.

Haven't we learned the lesson from playing Gardner when he was reportedly ill?

We have a big enough squad to cover for these events...use them.

Edited by BP1960

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Davies looked lethargic from the kick off.

Gerrard was obviously injured.

Haven't we learned the lesson from playing Gardner when he was reportedly ill?

We have a big enough squad to cover for these events...use them.

If lethargic players players keep scoring they’ll do for me BP. 

Watching Gardner not even bother to try and win the ball for their second made me feel bloody ill too ?. 

23 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If lethargic players players keep scoring they’ll do for me BP. 

Watching Gardner not even bother to try and win the ball for their second made me feel bloody ill too ?. 

A kid could have tapped that in.

No mention from you of Fane not bothering to close down for both goals. 

If you want to check on players weak at winning tackles have a good look at Byrne.

Edited by BP1960

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

A kid could have tapped that in.

No mention from you of Fane not bothering to close down for both goals. 

If you want to check on players weak at winning tackles have a good look at Byrne.

Would a kid have been in the right position ? 

Fane il give you he was poor for the goals too - must have picked up that bug from Gardner ?

if your looking to Jack Byrne to be your ball winner your using him wrong and don’t deserve him in your team. I would expect a five foot nothing 6 stone wet through guy to be weak in the tackle and not ask him to do that job. A genius with the ball at his feet on a decent surface this KID. 

12 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Would a kid have been in the right position ? 

Fane il give you he was poor for the goals too - must have picked up that bug from Gardner ?

if your looking to Jack Byrne to be your ball winner your using him wrong and don’t deserve him in your team. I would expect a five foot nothing 6 stone wet through guy to be weak in the tackle and not ask him to do that job. A genius with the ball at his feet on a decent surface this KID. 

Was shit yesterday though, attitude stunk (again) and he isn't disciplined when we are under the cosh, won't be a popular view but there you go.

Is there a Brian Wilson fan club yet? What a hero. 

Glad he quite clearly heard his chant from my group of lads after the game, showing his appreciation to it. Probably one of the most ‘proffesional’ footballers I’ve watched in my time. Albeit I’m only 21..

Very very very rarely puts a foot wrong.

I digress, we were awful Saturday and we’ve got some massively cunty fans but on the whole we know how to make an atmosphere... Rochdale will be cracking and might have something riding on it now with their upturn in form. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Every club has dickheads. Tis for the better that we have lots of, because it lessens the likelihood of opposition dickheads (or police) taking it out on normals.

And in the hall of fame of idiotic posts this one is right up there at the top.