Bury (A)

8 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

They might be wrong

Christ....cleared off our line by our Mo bloke....bloody hell...

full time whistle 2-2

i need to lie down....visions of people being slapped by appendages and a bloody draw is doing my health no good..heheh.....

Edited by underdog

Dont really know how to feel about this one.  We were dire first half, 2-0 down and end up 2-2 with our second half being pretty bad aswell!  Our second goal from Pringle came from out of nowhere, goal kick, flick on, Doyles pass and in.  Did we have 2 shots and 2 goals today, it feels like that anyway!

Bury much the better side in firsr half. The ref gave us everything which you cant complain about and i certainly wont (see Blackburn).  Think it was almost role reversal today, What happened to Bury normally happens to us, think they will feel they have been robbed but who cares!!

Played poor, got a point from two down so i will take that in context of how the game was.

MOM goes to Gardner for his second half, his passing was pants but the work rate and covering of the back 4 was very good and he won the ball for us, what was needed today.

Thoght this game would of been right up Fanes ally but i thought he was poor today and didnt get stuck in, might be a reason, dont know, should of been a stand out game for him today with the sort if game it was and condition of the pitch.

Special mention for Jonny, made some good saves today.  

3 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Dont really know how to feel about this one.  We were dire first half, 2-0 down and end up 2-2 with our second half being pretty bad aswell!  Our second goal from Pringle came from out of nowhere, goal kick, flick on, Doyles pass and in.  Did we have 2 shots and 2 goals today, it feels like that anyway!

Bury much the better side in firsr half. The ref gave us everything which you cant complain about and i certainly wont (see Blackburn).  Think it was almost role reversal today, What happened to Bury normally happens to us, think they will feel they have been robbed but who cares!!

Played poor, got a point from two down so i will take that in context of how the game was.

MOM goes to Gardner for his second half, his passing was pants but the work rate and covering of the back 4 was very good and he won the ball for us, what was needed today.

Thoght this game would of been right up Fanes ally but i thought he was poor today and didnt get stuck in, might be a reason, dont know, should of been a stand out game for him today with the sort if game it was and condition of the pitch.

Special mention for Jonny, made some good saves today.  

Agree with Placide and Gardner. I thought Byrne was poor throughout  and Fane ineffective.

Bryan improved after a very shaky start.

Liked the look of their left  back Leigh and midfielder Ince who were their driving forces.

Could have been worse.

Good result considering we were 2-0 down, but not so good in the context of our performance and rest of the results.

We really need to come out of the starting blocks fired up for a change, we've hardly scored in the first half since RW was appointed permanently, with a couple of notable exceptions. Rare rather than normal.

Yet conceded 14 goals in 8 games in the first half hour,and we're on the back foot chasing a game.

We've the 2nd worst away clean sheets record too.

Edited by singe

Absolutely dreadful performance, undeserved point but I’ll take it 

our passing was was terrible and we seemed to duck out of challenges in the first half. Bury started like a house on fire and we simply couldn’t cope

As others have said, one or two improved in the second half, Gardner and Byrne especially but overall it was painful to watch.

I know he divides opinion but I just can’t believe Fane is a professional footballer !!

18 minutes ago, singe said:

Could have been worse.

Good result considering we were 2-0 down, but not so good in the context of our performance and rest of the results.

We really need to come out of the starting blocks fired up for a change, we've hardly scored in the first half since RW was appointed permanently, with a couple of notable exceptions. Rare rather than normal.

Yet conceded 14 goals in 8 games in the first half hour,and we're on the back foot chasing a game.

We've the 2nd worst away clean sheets record too.

A lot of the slow starts are down to Davies, who doesn't hold the ball up leading to the opposition putting us back under pressure. Start with Holloway and Doyle next match. 

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

No leaders. . . But came from 2 down to take a massive point. 

Agreed, it is a massive point.

A few southern softies due at BP who wont like the cold, pompey on the slide, a win on saturday and happy days.