Bury (A)

51 minutes ago, Laticfanatic1 said:

Apart from his goal what did he do today? Fall over that's all he did. Can't miss a open goal so no credit to him. He's shite and weak 

Davies and Pringle did the only two decent things coming out of any Oldham player today. For that they are joint MOM. Name a better performer 

1 hour ago, singe said:

For me he can stand on the half way line,with hands on his hips, for 89+ mins if he gets a goal every game he does it.

Well he did just that for 89+minutes and I doubt if RW will be pleased. 

I'd be surprised if he starts the next game.

4 hours ago, deckyd said:

Dont really know how to feel about this one.  We were dire first half, 2-0 down and end up 2-2 with our second half being pretty bad aswell!  Our second goal from Pringle came from out of nowhere, goal kick, flick on, Doyles pass and in.  Did we have 2 shots and 2 goals today, it feels like that anyway!

Bury much the better side in firsr half. The ref gave us everything which you cant complain about and i certainly wont (see Blackburn).  Think it was almost role reversal today, What happened to Bury normally happens to us, think they will feel they have been robbed but who cares!!

Played poor, got a point from two down so i will take that in context of how the game was.

MOM goes to Gardner for his second half, his passing was pants but the work rate and covering of the back 4 was very good and he won the ball for us, what was needed today.

Thoght this game would of been right up Fanes ally but i thought he was poor today and didnt get stuck in, might be a reason, dont know, should of been a stand out game for him today with the sort if game it was and condition of the pitch.

Special mention for Jonny, made some good saves today.  

My Special mention would be for Brian Wilson. Came on when we were in the shit and calmly did the business. That man has been terrific for this club.

10 minutes ago, astottie said:

My Special mention would be for Brian Wilson. Came on when we were in the shit and calmly did the business. That man has been terrific for this club.

Yeah I have to agree, no messing about and put in a solid performance! 

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

Ince was possibly the best player on the park. Made the game look easy, we got away with it today 3 points me t week and things will look good again

Few friends of mine (bury fans) said that ince was awful 3 months back, but he did look good today! However much I love Fane for his effort and defensive capabilities, he must be one (if not the) least technical players in division.

4 hours ago, Laticfanatic1 said:

Apart from his goal what did he do today? Fall over that's all he did. Can't miss a open goal so no credit to him. He's shite and weak 

Well he could have missed it if he hadn't been in the right position to score it. A Johnny on the spot goal. Davies has never been a target man and we're expecting him to play that role. Granted he could and should have been better today but he was hardly the only one.

Completely embarrassed having to walk behind some of the mutants who follow our club into the town centre after the game. I'd sooner be taking a 500 proper fans than some of the snide stone island wearing tossers who were there today. The majority of our support is obviously great but the twats kicking off after the game can swivel

7 minutes ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

Completely embarrassed having to walk behind some of the mutants who follow our club into the town centre after the game. I'd sooner be taking a 500 proper fans than some of the snide stone island wearing tossers who were there today. The majority of our support is obviously great but the twats kicking off after the game can swivel

Aye I nearly got caught up in some of that shit aswell we really do have some massive bellends that attach themselves to our club as a result we couldnt get into any of the pubs in the town centre after the game either.

Its not like its kids either these were middle aged men who really should know better. If Im honest I didnt actually enjoy today partly because of it 

Edited by GlossopLatic

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Aye I nearly got caught up in some of that shit aswell we really do have some massive bellends that attach themselves to our club as a result we couldnt get into any of the pubs in the town centre after the game either.

Its not like its kids either these were middle aged men who really should know better. If Im honest I didnt actually enjoy today partly because of it 

We got lucky, we made it to the trackside where they don't sell Strongbow Dark Fruits so thankfully it was never in any danger of being closed.

I can't be partisan today though, there was a large number of proper weapons present today following our club and it's an embarrassment. And like you say, not just kids. Fuck 'em

2 minutes ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

We got lucky, we made it to the trackside where they don't sell Strongbow Dark Fruits so thankfully it was never in any danger of being closed.

I can't be partisan today though, there was a large number of proper weapons present today following our club and it's an embarrassment. And like you say, not just kids. Fuck 'em

Every club has them, tools who are just there for a piss up and to give it the big I am.

1 minute ago, doctor evil said:

Every club has them, tools who are just there for a piss up and to give it the big I am.

Absolutely, and there was plenty of bellends on the other side too. But some of the scenes after the game left a particular nasty taste, and overshadowed the game to some extent. Which maybe isn't a bad thing because I thought we were shit

Two major factors why we played piss poor today. Number 1 our captain was injured in the warm up but instead of declaring this to his manager decided he would not divulge his injury and therefore the first 20 mins tried to play with reduced mobility. Wellens was livid about him in his interview after the game. When Brian Wilson came on we where a more mobile solid unit. Number 2 who the hell can play on a pitch like that. It was nothing more than a mud bath and not fit for purpose. So I reckon that Gerrard and the pitch cost us two points today. Credit to Bury they looked more up for it from the start but when you are playing against a centre back that cannot run then you will look the better team. Credit to the team for the great escape it does show great character to come back from two down on a piss poor pitch that was nothing more than a mud bath. In such circumstances it’s difficult to pass the ball with accuracy and that pitch did not suit a number of our players. Bad day at the office so a point is better than loosing all 3 . Let’s move on to next week and hope that our pitch is in better nick than Bury. 

There was no chance of playing our football on that pitch, you may as well not play Jack Byrne when it’s like that. But it’s no excuse as it was the same for Bury who adapted to the conditions far better than us and in the first 20 minutes showed much more desire.

That was our worse performance for sometime and yet we came away with a point which is the sign of a decent side. We have two home games now which if we can win will put us in the brink of yet another season in L1.

7 hours ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

I don't think they realise that it's not only our reputation, but our club like everyone clubs fans are monitored for behaviour and the club can be fined.

I just do t understand why u would want to risk getting ur head kicked in or potentially striking a blow that kills someone ( it does happen). Bit of banter with the fans during the game is fine, but when u walk out it should be forgotten. It’s quite ironic that the away end streams into the home fans on exit. If the hatred was true it would be crazy but most people with half a brain just join the flow and walk out. On the game, I know we’re improving because even at 2-0 and playing terribly I still thought we could win or take a point and we did. Could easily have won once it got to 2-2