Bury (A)

Just seen the second goal when Danns gets the ball he literally just walks past Gardener who then doesnt even bother tracking back that was pathetic from him. He had a good second half yesterday in fairness in fact he was arguably our best player but I hope he got a rollicking at half time for that. 

Edited by GlossopLatic

7 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Two major factors why we played piss poor today. Number 1 our captain was injured in the warm up but instead of declaring this to his manager decided he would not divulge his injury and therefore the first 20 mins tried to play with reduced mobility. Wellens was livid about him in his interview after the game. When Brian Wilson came on we where a more mobile solid unit. Number 2 who the hell can play on a pitch like that. It was nothing more than a mud bath and not fit for purpose. So I reckon that Gerrard and the pitch cost us two points today. Credit to Bury they looked more up for it from the start but when you are playing against a centre back that cannot run then you will look the better team. Credit to the team for the great escape it does show great character to come back from two down on a piss poor pitch that was nothing more than a mud bath. In such circumstances it’s difficult to pass the ball with accuracy and that pitch did not suit a number of our players. Bad day at the office so a point is better than loosing all 3 . Let’s move on to next week and hope that our pitch is in better nick than Bury. 

Apparently Gerrard has been carrying a knock for a  number of weeks. 

He could have thought he could still play with it, something that is more easily done if you are already playing injured. 

I thought Brian Wilson was his usual steady self when he came on. I'd be a bit worried about Wilson and Bryan against some front lines but not Bury's. 

16 hours ago, BP1960 said:

A lot of the slow starts are down to Davies, who doesn't hold the ball up leading to the opposition putting us back under pressure. Start with Holloway and Doyle next match. 

For 40 minutes our midfield got nowhere near them to even make a tackle never mind make a decent pass to our forwards.

It is there that our problems lie and have done all season, we have no balance but Wellens thankfully shifted Gardner at half time to where he should play.

48 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Just seen the second goal when Danns gets the ball he literally just walks past Gardener who then doesnt even bother tracking back that was pathetic from him. He had a good second half yesterday in fairness in fact he was arguably our best player but I hope he got a rollicking at half time for that. 

Yeah just seen that. The non tackle from Pringle was pathetic too. 

Lucky to get a point yesterday. Could easily have been 4-1 down at half time. 

2nd half we dominated without being that threatening & I thought we could go on and win it, but after the goal they again picked up and if any team looked like getting 3 points, it wasn't us.

Biggest plus is, if you play poorly and don't get beat - that is a good sign. 

Motm - Placide. No chance for the goals, made a few good saves too.

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

To anyone that has complained about not being able to hear the PA announcements at BP. If I was a Bury fan I would wish for our system. What a fucking cringe. Trying to imitate Michael Buffer ??. And the timing on the goal music ? a good 90 seconds after it was scored. 

Not being able to hear a PA system is a safety issue. 

The announcer isn't going to imitate Michael Buffer (who is crap IMHO) for an important safety announcement. 

The list of things wrong with our club certainly has a inaudible PA system on it. 

So, we have 6 home games to go and 4 away.

The home games all look winnable -

Pompey, wallsall, blackpool,gillingham, doncaster and southend.

IMO we only need to win 3 of those and pick up 1 away win and thats 15 points, which would leave us on 55, dont think we will be going down with 55 points.

The away points at blackburn and bury will turn out to be good results.

12 minutes ago, rigsby said:

IMO we only need to win 3 of those and pick up 1 away win and thats 15 points, which would leave us on 55, dont think we will be going down with 55 points.

Now it's early and maths was never my strong point but isn't that 12 points?

34 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Not being able to hear a PA system is a safety issue. 

The announcer isn't going to imitate Michael Buffer (who is crap IMHO) for an important safety announcement. 

The list of things wrong with our club certainly has a inaudible PA system on it. 

Hey take that back about the legend Buffer or get ready to rumble medic !! I will be giving you my address otherwise ?. 

1 minute ago, astottie said:

Yes I would agree. Not one of them in the top ten in the league. All should be winnable.

The thing with league one is every game is winnable as much as it is loseable ! That’s why I find predicting which matches we will pick up points from a waste of time. However I’m very confident we will stay up. Just because we OWN this league (unfortunately). We stay up as a force of habit. I’m hoping and semi expecting to be at the top half fighting next season tho. 

59 minutes ago, rigsby said:

11 games left, 5 away so thats a bonus one!!!

Our home games will keep us up.

Be interesting next week, Dale have 3 very winnable home games, IF they won them!!!!!

15 hours ago, JoeP said:

Good stuff.

£££££££££.

Pompey took 1200 to Blackburn back in October. The game and the weather was shit, pub was okay - some working mens club over the road. Anyway, I digress...

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

To anyone that has complained about not being able to hear the PA announcements at BP. If I was a Bury fan I would wish for our system. What a fucking cringe. Trying to imitate Michael Buffer ??. And the timing on the goal music ? a good 90 seconds after it was scored. 

They announced their goal scorer about twenty mins later and started with league 2 results at half time. Maybe they are planning for next season already?