Tonight’s games.

8 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

There wasn’t a legitimate reason for sacking Moore. 

There was. Glossop just explained it. I’d also like to add that he deliberatley had a team with a top player like Wellens in it and he told the team to ignore him and boot the ball over the top of his head. The guy was an absolute dinosaur.

And I’m not even accounting for his accent.

1 hour ago, frizzell54 said:

And with the easiest run in of all those around us.  After today we have no team of note to play.

We were battered off the team lying a remote bottom of the table a couple of weeks ago and stole a point, still don't understand this reluctance of our fans to accept we are in a heap of shit. If we go into this run in thinking we've got it easy we will get bit on the arse.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We were battered off the team lying a remote bottom of the table a couple of weeks ago and stole a point, still don't understand this reluctance of our fans to accept we are in a heap of shit. If we go into this run in thinking we've got it easy we will get bit on the arse.

You appear to have a severe case of selective memory. Has the Blackburn away performance been eradicated from your brain? Do you think mid table teams with nothing to play for will put in the same effort those Bury players did? They were in the last chance saloon, playing for a new manager in front of a vociferous derby crowd. We played well under par and still took a point.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Easiest run in doesn’t mean easy. It means easiest. Which it certainly is. 

A bit pessimistic now - you can't let in nearly 2 goals a game and have any hope of staying up. I know that the fixtures give us a chance but as we saw against Bury almost everybody scores against us, For all the talk of too good to go down, there really isn't any proof of that. We may arguably have a some better players now but not sure it's a better team, especially as there isn't a formation that seems to suit the better players in the squad. 

1 minute ago, frizzell54 said:

Rochdale have 6 home game and 2 aways Bury and Oxford, the way they are playing safety a definate possibility now.

6 home and 3 away.  Home games including Wigan, Portsmouth, Plymouth and Charlton and their home form is worse than their away form. Away games include Peterborough and Bury. Still a very big ask.  

29 minutes ago, steveecky said:

A bit pessimistic now - you can't let in nearly 2 goals a game and have any hope of staying up. I know that the fixtures give us a chance but as we saw against Bury almost everybody scores against us, For all the talk of too good to go down, there really isn't any proof of that. We may arguably have a some better players now but not sure it's a better team, especially as there isn't a formation that seems to suit the better players in the squad. 

Fleetwood not conceded for 4 games now, that's where it starts!!!!!

Just now, kowenicki said:

6 home and 3 away.  Home games including Wigan, Portsmouth, Plymouth and Charlton and their home form is worse than their away form. Away games include Peterborough and Bury. Still a very big ask.  

Home form seemed ok this afternoon.  At the moment I don't fancy us to get a result there without a big attitude change and some sort of plan/organisation.

I hope you're right though.

4 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Home form seemed ok this afternoon.  At the moment I don't fancy us to get a result there without a big attitude change and some sort of plan/organisation.

I hope you're right though.

Just spoken to a Dale mate. He has “no idea” how they managed to win. “Outclassed, shrews hit the bar twice, dodgy pen decision” etc etc. 

Looking at our next few fixtures and penciling in results;

Blackpool (H) W 3 points (We simply have to pull our tripe out on Monday, a loss could royally screw us over)

Oxford (A) D- 1 point (They draw a lot. Looked poor against Scunny)

Walsall (H) W -3 points ( Our mid week form is ace)

Gillingham (H) - W 3 points (Lost 1 game in 10 against them)

Rochdale (A) D -1 point (Massive game think it will be very gritty) 

Wimbledon (A) D 1 point (Drawn every game 0-0 we've played)

Southend (H) L 0 points (Always seem to do well against us. L incorporating mini dip in form)

Doncaster (H) L- 0 points ( Strange team, never know what do expect from them.)

Northampton (A) W- 3 points (End of season feel good game, Doyle hatrick as a parting gift...for now...) 

=15 points. Which takes us to 55. Surely enough to stay up. 

4 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Your Dale mate knows as much about football as you do. You are like a bleeding broken record.

You went did you? Of course you did. Dale fan.  I was at the DW.  You are a clown. 

From their own forum thread:

ews Bazzanne

One word, clueless. 
0.gif
top.png replytop.png replyto.png rate-up.gif 0 rate-down.gif  
ignore-user.png

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 16:00 - Mar 30 with 3081 views Nathaniel82

The most disjointed, unimaginative and uninspired performance I’ve seen for ages. Just as I type this, we score. But that’s a papering over the cracks imho. Our season hinges on whether one of the many long balls to Calvin can be capitalised on.  

Terrible. 
0.gif
ignore-user.png

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 16:01 - Mar 30 with 3057 views Nigeriamark

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 15:53 - Mar 30 by Bazzanne

One word, clueless. 

And then we get a completely undeserved equalizer on the stroke of half time. Funny old game !!!  

Let's hope it gives us a boost for the second half 
1651.gif
ignore-user.png

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 16:08 - Mar 30 with 2995 views DaleFan7

If it's not a hoof to Andrew, we're completely clueless going foward. A great solo effort from Rathbone should not mask what was a dire first half performance. 
0.gif
ignore-user.png

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 16:08 - Mar 30 with 2992 views suffolkdale

Why so much added time? 
0.gif
ignore-user.png

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 16:09 - Mar 30 with 2992 views 442Dale

Match thread: Shrewsbury H on 16:00 - Mar 30 by Nathaniel82

The most disjointed, unimaginative and uninspired performance I’ve seen for ages. Just as I type this, we score. But that’s a papering over the cracks imho. Our season hinges on whether one of the many long balls to Calvin can be capitalised on.  

Terrible. 

It was shocking. As bad as we’ve been all season with Shrewsbury looking sharper all over the pitch.  

As soon as we started with Henderson in midfield we were playing with ten, this was then exacerbated by the rest doing little or nothing apart from looking to hit Calvin. Honestly do not get our tactics from the off, Hill must have seen his mistake with the early sub but don’t expect him to admit as much because the general theme remained the same after it was made. We can only hope that goal wakes everyone up - Humphrys and Camps especially - and we start causing them problems. 
1212.gif

Edited by kowenicki

On 29/03/2018 at 8:58 PM, Buckshawlatic said:

How’ve you lasted so long here talking sense like that? ?

Me the voice of reason pfft I don't know about that! :lol:

Actually if you cut through the more bizzare stuff on here then majority of us a fairly reasoned human beings so if the general consensus of people is that something is wrong it usually is.