Wimbledon!

13 hours ago, stevesidg said:

Please no to Tope

how about Nepomuceno instead 

Has anyone on owtb actually seen our Benteke kick a ball yet - or spotted the whereabouts of the Belgian lad who was injured pre season? 

Just now, BP1960 said:

Has anyone on owtb actually seen our Benteke kick a ball yet - or spotted the whereabouts of the Belgian lad who was injured pre season? 

.....think they're being held in a room with Omrani and Maouche and told to sew owls onto the free season ticket scarfs.....

45 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not quite as mysterious as whatever happened to the centre half; Ambrose?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

He featured in the open training day and looked ok.

Maouche meanwhile was in the gym on his phone and didn't see Omrani at all!

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

You sit about 9 feet away from the Belgian lad every home game. 

Whatever Wellens says his focus will once again be on not losing.  Once that idea surfaces the team will play conservatively which of course means putting the ball in the opposition half so the lucky travellers to Norbiton will see another exhibition of Byrne watching the ball fly over his head.

If Wimbledon win that is another team safe.  If we draw we are still in the mire and they are one step away from safety.  If we win we will then be one step away from safety.  I don't like the focus on our two home matches because to use a poker analogy the equity in winning this match is immense.  I don't like matches against teams who have nothing to lose or gain and both Southend and Doncaster have nothing to play for which usually allows them the freedom to play well.  Northampton are also likely to be relegated when we visit them so I see this next game as not our only chance but definitely our best chance of avoiding the drop.

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

Whatever Wellens says his focus will once again be on not losing.  Once that idea surfaces the team will play conservatively which of course means putting the ball in the opposition half so the lucky travellers to Norbiton will see another exhibition of Byrne watching the ball fly over his head.

If Wimbledon win that is another team safe.  If we draw we are still in the mire and they are one step away from safety.  If we win we will then be one step away from safety.  I don't like the focus on our two home matches because to use a poker analogy the equity in winning this match is immense.  I don't like matches against teams who have nothing to lose or gain and both Southend and Doncaster have nothing to play for which usually allows them the freedom to play well.  Northampton are also likely to be relegated when we visit them so I see this next game as not our only chance but definitely our best chance of avoiding the drop.

Problem was when Byrne did get the ball he was either dispossesed or gave it away. 

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Byrne left out for this one.....

....leaving him out after the Wigan game to teach him a lesson, fine - if Richie was going after the reaction that brought about his winner v Blackpool...... it worked.

....leaving him out again is nonsense. He - and Doyle - are our best players...... and Richie needs to set the team up to suit them both.

For me, that means playing one of Davies/Holloway up top with Doyle and letting Byrne play through the middle......

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

....leaving him out after the Wigan game to teach him a lesson, fine - if Richie was going after the reaction that brought about his winner v Blackpool...... it worked.

....leaving him out again is nonsense. He - and Doyle - are our best players...... and Richie needs to set the team up to suit them both.

For me, that means playing one of Davies/Holloway up top with Doyle and letting Byrne play through the middle......

Think it is going to be a carbon copy of Tuesday, hectic, scrappy, ball in the air a lot.

I've just looked at the Wombles website. Apparently there is an athletics meeting on locally and parking will be at a premium. They are also forecasting a sellout and are asking ST holders who won't be attending to let the club know so that they can sell their seats. They only have a limited number of terrace tickets left. 

21 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think it is going to be a carbon copy of Tuesday, hectic, scrappy, ball in the air a lot.

RW says we will be attacking with pace..so who will those players be.. will he do what was unthinkable at one time and leave Doyle out? 

Edited by BP1960

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

RW says we will be attacking with pace..so who will those players be.. will he do what was unthinkable at one time and leave Doyle out? 

No, that would be suicide.

As said above I think Davies will play if at all possible and Tope will come in on the left or right, hopefully left.

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

Don't count Northampton out, they won at Bury scoring 3 goals in the process, with the old manager gone that could signal a turnaround.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

I've just looked at the Wombles website. Apparently there is an athletics meeting on locally and parking will be at a premium. They are also forecasting a sellout and are asking ST holders who won't be attending to let the club know so that they can sell their seats. They only have a limited number of terrace tickets left. 

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2018/april/no-tickets-on-the-day-for-oldham-fans/

- we have sold out our allocation according to the Wimbledon web site but no mention of this on Latics website.

will have to go in with the home fans if I can get 4 tickets ?

Edited by TheBigDog