Squad movements, summer 2018

On 6/1/2018 at 5:27 PM, Bristolatic said:

We've got Dummigan, Hunt and Hamer for right back (Wilson is gone). Hunt is (apparently) in demand and who knows whether Dummigan wants to play in D4? 

Looking at it that way, it could have legs, this.

"Looking at it that way, it could have legs, this."

I hope so, we need more pace in the team. :D

8 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Defo spoke to them according to a Fleetwood fan at work strange thing to come out with if not true. To be fair though Gerrard is hardly going to come out and say he is in talks whilst under contract with us. 

11 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Defo spoke to them according to a Fleetwood fan at work strange thing to come out with if not true. To be fair though Gerrard is hardly going to come out and say he is in talks whilst under contract with us. 

Shit gets banded round here every day. Doesn't mean there's any substance. He could easily have just not tweeted 

17 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Shit gets banded round here every day. Doesn't mean there's any substance. He could easily have just not tweeted 

True. Would like him or Clarke off the wage bill. Would keep Gerrard if he can stay fit. Seemed to be injured a lot last season. 

Edited by adamoafc

27 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

True. Would like him or Clarke off the wage bill. Would keep Gerrard if he can stay fit. Seemed to be injured a lot last season. 

Of the two I would prefer Clarke who could also do a job at coaching our young centre  backs.He may be slow but his experience and commitment are better.He still seems fit and is not injury prone.

18 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Of the two I would prefer Clarke who could also do a job at coaching our young centre  backs.He may be slow but his experience and commitment are better.He still seems fit and is not injury prone.

Dont be surprised to see clarkey back next season and Gezza gone... Clarke has played 65 oafc league games in 1 and 1/2 seasons compared to Gerrard 63 league games in 3 seasons... where was gezza when the bullets were flying at the back end of the last two seasons... Clarkey captain leader and after chesterfield goal, legend... Get some pace around him

24 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I agree with you Flemboy I would rather have Clarke than the fat boy who is prone to injuries especially when it gets to the crucial time of the season

31 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Genuine question. Has Clarke even intimated that he wants to go onto coach ? Or are we all just presuming that’s what he wants cos of the way he is on the pitch ? 

6 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Genuine question. Has Clarke even intimated that he wants to go onto coach ? Or are we all just presuming that’s what he wants cos of the way he is on the pitch ? 

He mentioned it at the fans forum when he was with Steve Robinson. Said he wanted to go into management and was doing coaching badges

Very unfair criticism for me...contrary to opinion he’s not fat, he’s passionate, always gives his all, and I think the defence looked a much better unit with him in it.

The injuries to Hunt, Bryan and Dummigan 

and having to put out a young and makeshift back four didn’t help the cause but If Gerrard had been fit and playing in the last few matches, I’m pretty sure we’d still be in division 1!

• Like 1

Gerrard rushed himself back from a pulled calf muscle so he could play towards the end because everyone else had dropped out. He then re injured the same calf and people criticise him for being injured.

Alongside that people wanting Clarke to come back (not 2016 Clarke) the player who couldn't get a game for Bury when they were bottom of the league.

We love tearing people apart don't we!?