Squad movements, summer 2018

12 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I don't think it's being offended as such, just tired of the fact that our own fans (and at least one player, it would seem..) don't appear to have any pride in the town..

Exactly this but some can't comprehend such a thing as pride in where they are from.

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

I'm shocked to read that some things football fans sing aren't true, maybe even ironic. I'm going to be checking if we are actually the pride of all Europe and the cock of the north. There'll be bother if I find out we're not.

On a more positive note, we dont carry hammers or lead.

11 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I wonder how far back you would have said if I hadn't give you a timescale... ?

You probably mean Utd sang it when they came to BP in the seventies.

My most vivid memory of singing at that game was being in the Ford stand upper and a load of the old boys chanting "easy".

Oldham is wonderful. I love the smell of the tobacco as it fills up Oldham Town Centre as the old crepid bastards shuffle into the Up steps at 8am.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35842488  God knows what it would be like if Saddleworth wasn't classed as being part of Oldham. The Unicef choppers would be lowering a glass dome as we speak.

*Adopts Alan Partridge voice*: This forum....

The point isn't whether Oldham is "a shithole" or not.

The point is, whether it is or it isn't, we should have pride in the town!  We should have a better response when away fans sing the song (rather than just agreeing with them!) and we certainly shouldn't stand for players who represent the town on the pitch slagging the town off!

Edited by JoeP

17 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Oldham is wonderful. I love the smell of the tobacco as it fills up Oldham Town Centre as the old crepid bastards shuffle into the Up steps at 8am.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35842488  God knows what it would be like if Saddleworth wasn't classed as being part of Oldham. The Unicef choppers would be lowering a glass dome as we speak.

Crepid isn't a word. Maybe you're a bit decrepit yourself. If you're going to troll, try doing it in English.

I moved from Oldham when I was 11, I’m 34 now and never shy away from saying where I was born and in no way ashamed of it. Oldham isn’t perfect but where is? A lot of my family still live there and I enjoy visiting and coming down for the football.

now if you want a real shithole - check out most of Bolton!! 

5 hours ago, underdog said:

Not really, it pees me off when I'm out of town that people say...ohh so your from manchester? ....no I'm chuffing not. I am not a Manc. I'm from Oldham.

it still niggles me we change our addresses in the 80's from Lancashire to Manchester. 

1 April 1974

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

I'd not been on OWTB for 24 hours and I was almost excited to see almost 4 unread pages on squad movements.

:yellowcard:

Fourth rule of posting to OWTB: ‘Within two pages the content of a thread should always digress from the intended subject matter as indicated by the thread title’  ?

4 hours ago, LaticMark said:

I'd not been on OWTB for 24 hours and I was almost excited to see almost 4 unread pages on squad movements.

:yellowcard:

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Fourth rule of posting to OWTB: ‘Within two pages the content of a thread should always digress from the intended subject matter as indicated by the thread title’  ?

First world problems, eh?