Squad movements, summer 2018

59 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

#

Shortest Latics stint since Mike Fillery :)

Another player who thinks he's too good for Division 2 when in fact he's not even good for Division 1. If he wants out then we should let him go we don't want these players who think they are gods gift to football and the club

10 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Another player who thinks he's too good for Division 2 when in fact he's not even good for Division 1. If he wants out then we should let him go we don't want these players who think they are gods gift to football and the club

Or knows he’s been completely found out and is going back to a level he knows he will look like gods gift

absolutely shite every time I saw him and claiming that goal was criminal 

17 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Your only kidding yourself by calling it division 2. It’s division 4. 

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Your only kidding yourself by calling it division 2. It’s division 4. 

It's a long time since it was Division 4 perhaps you live in the past but I can remember when we where last in Division 4 and before that it was a Division 3 North. I Started supporting in 1957 so I reckon I have watched Oldham play in more Divisions than most. George Hardwick was player manager then. 

Edited by Smiler13

Just now, Smiler13 said:

It's a long time since it was Division 4 perhaps you live in the past but I can remember when we where last in Division 4 and before that it was a Division 3 North. 

We are in Championship 2.....

15 minutes ago, singe said:

There is definitely a clique of players making themselves known since the article came out.
Not sure that clique covered themselves in glory during the season either.

Have I missed something? I'm not aware of any other rumblings.

50 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Bang on Smiler

50 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

It's a long time since it was Division 4 perhaps you live in the past but I can remember when we where last in Division 4 and before that it was a Division 3 North. I Started supporting in 1957 so I reckon I have watched Oldham play in more Divisions than most. George Hardwick was player manager then. 

Congratulations.

When we start in august we will be still be starting in the 4th tier.

Im also not fussed if Mceleney goes.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

With respect Smiler, Hardwick left in May 1956. Ted Goodier was boss from then till 1958.

11 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

With respect Smiler, Hardwick left in May 1956. Ted Goodier was boss from then till 1958.

Well spotted I was 8 when I first went to BP , so it must have been 1955 when I first went to BP I was born in 1947. Hardwick was definitely player manager I remember that. Sorry I got the date wrong but my memory is not as good as it was. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

IM NOT DEBATING THE OLD NAME! It’s now league 2, that’s its name it’s not division 4?its league 2!

Sorry to be pedantic but it is division 4 within the league pyramid. If you would have said league 2 then that would be fine, but you said division 2, which is incorrect.

3 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Christ. So many people "know" so much when it's just opinions. I'm starting to miss the days when if it wasn't on Clubcall or in the Chron nobody knew anything.

Ah Clubcall.  I remember it well.  I used to work in an open plan office and would dial Clubcall 2 or 3 times a day to see what had happened in the last couple of hours.  I remember Jack Dearden used to spin it out for a couple of minutes before telling us if there was any news, which usually there wasn't.  Or if there was, it was after you had to spend 2 minutes listening to ticket and travel information for a midweek match at Walsall.  I became quite adept at pretending I was on the phone to someone, saying yes or no at varying intervals so that my colleagues thought that I was talking to a client.  Sorry big accountancy firm who I worked for...I may owe you twenty quid!