Squad movements, summer 2018

6 hours ago, Crusoe said:

First post updated with Duffus loan to Waterford. Their manager's said he's playing for them this weekend and they're working on a loan for the rest of the season (think it ends in October). Reckon that counts as confirmed.

Yep looks done: http://www.the42.ie/courtney-duffus-waterford-striker-league-of-ireland-sse-airtricity-league-rsc-4100391-Jun2018/

20 hours ago, Crusoe said:

First post updated with Duffus loan to Waterford. Their manager's said he's playing for them this weekend and they're working on a loan for the rest of the season (think it ends in October). Reckon that counts as confirmed.

14 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Backing up what you are both saying:

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd have thought the new management team might have wanted to take a look at Duffus.

http://www.the42.ie/courtney-duffus-interview-may-2018-3990287-May2018/

Tbf he’s doing really well there and enjoying it. Their season has started again today, so it’ll probably do him better carrying on there with actual competitive games than coming back here for friendlies. 

He’s 22 and has never played consistently for any club, so the playing time will do him the world of good, so that when he does come back, he’ll be full of confidence.

He might be good enough to start for us, but we don’t know and I didn’t expect Bunn to take that chance, he’ll bring in new strikers, and Duffus is better off gaining more experience elsewhere, than dusting our bench, and when he does come back in November we may be getting a much player back than what we sent.

Edited by PlayItLivo

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Lot of fuss over this Duffus considering he looked utter horseshit in his albeit fleeting appearances for us.

Ah, one of our supporters who can see a player without a full pre-season and then returning after a serious illness and make an absolute assessment as to their ability ! 

I'd like to see a bit more of him to be sure, to be sure.

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Ah, one of our supporters who can see a player without a full pre-season and then returning after a serious illness and make an absolute assessment as to their ability ! 

I'd like to see a bit more of him to be sure, to be sure.

Pre season is one of the great football myths, doing a bit of extra running in July doesn't make you play better in January.