Next Manager Speculation

1 hour ago, 4oakslatic said:

Ffs I’m 50.

i haven’t missed the point at all. 

Race is a massive issue in Oldham, that is very clear . Just looking at the away support at ?Northampton, the was not a single Asian face - such a shame, 

any pisstaking of  women or homosexuals is wrong, in the footballing environment it just reinforces the idea of the dick head supporter which we aren’t ! 

Im not a wind up merchant, just an intelligent person that stands up to people who spout shite 

kPAocBP.gif

Where to begin..... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4oakslatic said:

Ffs I’m 50.

Race is a massive issue in Oldham, that is very clear . Just looking at the away support at ?Northampton, the was not a single Asian face - such a shame, 

any pisstaking of  women or homosexuals is wrong, in the footballing environment it just reinforces the idea of the dick head supporter which we aren’t ! 

Im not a wind up merchant, just an intelligent person that stands up to people who spout shite 

Not disputing your intelligence but I don't think irony is your strong point.

2 hours ago, 4oakslatic said:

Ffs I’m 50.

You must be good at standing up to yourself so. 

7 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

You must be good at standing up to yourself so. 

Just trying to challenge a few people’s views and make them realise that those comments are outdated and unacceptable. 

If I don’t call them out those views will proliferate and been seen as the norm by the younger generation and then we will get no- where .

sometimes a line has to be drawn, if someone says something racist or sexist it’s up to us to say no , think again , just because it’s funny does not mean it’s right.

36 minutes ago, 4oakslatic said:

Just trying to challenge a few people’s views and make them realise that those comments are outdated and unacceptable. 

If I don’t call them out those views will proliferate and been seen as the norm by the younger generation and then we will get no- where .

sometimes a line has to be drawn, if someone says something racist or sexist it’s up to us to say no , think again , just because it’s funny does not mean it’s right.

Who said something actually racist?

1 hour ago, 4oakslatic said:

Nobody on this thread has been racist or outdated in what has been said. The post that started all this off was one that stated 'due to issues Oldham has had as a town, a black manager should be employed' 

If there was a racist post at all on this thread, I'd wager that was the one closest. 

No manager should be picked on race, colour or gender. The best person for the job will do, even if the person is blue with yellow spots. Let's hope we get it right and make the correct choice whoever it may be.

SO we collectively have no idea what is going on.

My theory is that Wellens was kept on because at the time AL couldn't stump up the compensation but an opportunity arose to allow AL to sack without compensation and he took it.  However timing was not good as no replacement sought or in view.

Unless we know that Clarke was asked about the job might AL have been negotiating his departure or considering a coaching role.

Scholes is clever enough to dodge this bullet but could have been asked to recommend somebody.

As far as I know Paul Terry is still on the books unless he was on a time limited contract but I suspect that after last season he is not answering his mobile on whatever holiday he is now on.

Going forward I would not be surprised if AL hires a coach and picks the team himself - I don't think he is short on self belief.

For, I think, the first time ever I'm struggling to muster a fuck about who the new manager will be. 

Seeing evidence, whatever that means, that AL's going to run us well and isn't going to be an absolute nightmare feels like the be all and end all at the moment.. 

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Abdallah has told staff at the club the new coach/manager will be in within 3/4 days. Barry Owen is advising him on it...

Maybe the person who was told 3/4 days will be next for the sack while 1/2 days, 2/3 days, 4/5 days and 5/6 days all get promotions & payrises.... :grin:

Just now, HarryBosch said:

Maybe the person who was told 3/4 days will be next for the sack while 1/2 days, 2/3 days, 4/5 days and 5/6 days all get promotions & payrises.... :grin:

You're talking like Paddy doesn't have multiple sources!

37 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Abdallah has told staff at the club the new coach/manager will be in within 3/4 days. Barry Owen is advising him on it...

Bet your source is shitting his/her kecks after all the chopping in the last few days.