Transfer Rumours

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why not try something different? I remember many defenders playing up front with great success.

After watching DKDs feeble attempt as a striker on Saturday could Hart do worse?

Couto can slot in at left back.

But then you lose everything he offers.

This reminds me of when people fancied trying Gerrard up top for England 'because he scores'. Well, if he's scoring anyway keep him there!!!

How many CB's have we had since Ian Marshall? Express as a percentage the amount of defenders we have 'tried up front' theres a very simple reason we don't.

Off top of my head l can think of Marshy for us and Dion Dublin for somebody else, so we must be steaming towards a 0.0000000000000000001% success rate at best. lt's a sure fire way to lose the dressing room/your job/respect/self respect. Lets get this put away and focus on something more reslistic.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why not try something different? I remember many defenders playing up front with great success.

After watching DKDs feeble attempt as a striker on Saturday could Hart do worse?

Couto can slot in at left back.

DKD reminded me of those times in my life when I've turned over a big stone to see a red ant darting around in all directions but going nowhere. He showed great agility, speed and energy but never tackled or achieved anything. But as I said to my son, he has scored goals. Maybe he can profit from our new super signing ? 🙂

Marshy was a CF. He always thought of himself as a CF. Personally, i think he was a good CF but when he played at the back i thought he was a class act. 

Poor Pidge. He's a CB. We've already got two big lumps up front, we don't need another one.

Incidentally, our new CF has a first class degree from Essex, so i think we should have a quiz team built around him. It's our only possible chance of success.

43 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

But then you lose everything he offers.

This reminds me of when people fancied trying Gerrard up top for England 'because he scores'. Well, if he's scoring anyway keep him there!!!

How many CB's have we had since Ian Marshall? Express as a percentage the amount of defenders we have 'tried up front' theres a very simple reason we don't.

Off top of my head l can think of Marshy for us and Dion Dublin for somebody else, so we must be steaming towards a 0.0000000000000000001% success rate at best. lt's a sure fire way to lose the dressing room/your job/respect/self respect. Lets get this put away and focus on something more reslistic.

Agree with you , you can add Paul Warhurst to the exceptions.

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I would have thought that if there was even a hint of Pidge or Hart being capable of playing up front, it would have been tried in training. No need to do an experiment like that in a match.

We don't talk like that round 'ere.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I thought Hart was impressive on Saturday, he dealt well with O’Keeffe who was a handful all afternoon. There’s clearly a good footballer in there.

I agree. I like the way he stood up to the annoying little oik as well, showed character. I think he shoved him to the ground at one point didn't he? I know that's usually handbags stuff, but I think he meant it.

12 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I agree. I like the way he stood up to the annoying little oik as well, showed character. I think he shoved him to the ground at one point didn't he? I know that's usually handbags stuff, but I think he meant it.

I thought Hart struggled with him. Okeefe kept skinning him, and then it was Piergianni who bulldozed him in to the stand! Don't think he tried a run after that lol

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

I thought Hart struggled with him. Okeefe kept skinning him, and then it was Piergianni who bulldozed him in to the stand! Don't think he tried a run after that lol

O’Keefe and Newby were a handful and Hart competed well - very decent left back imho. 👍

48 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

And with one throwaway comment you undermine any credibility that you might have gained over the years… 🙄

No way!!! Credibility? Nahhh 😂

l did find it easy tho (and boring) you just stand there wait for something to hit or head then give it to the full back or centre mid.

Obviously, it's a relative thing and if l tried to play as a CB at the level Pidge plays as a CB then l would look like a fish up a tree. Similar to how Pidge would look playing up front at his level, whereas he would probably look quite good as a striker at the highest level l reached.

Now, Central Midfield however, pfffft absolute nightmare!

35 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

No way!!! Credibility? Nahhh 😂

l did find it easy tho (and boring) you just stand there wait for something to hit or head then give it to the full back or centre mid.

Obviously, it's a relative thing and if l tried to play as a CB at the level Pidge plays as a CB then l would look like a fish up a tree. Similar to how Pidge would look playing up front at his level, whereas he would probably look quite good as a striker at the highest level l reached.

Now, Central Midfield however, pfffft absolute nightmare!

I have to admit…I played centre back for years and always wanted to play midfield. When I  finally got the chance in the number 10 role I realised I’d much rather play at the back! 👍

5 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I would have thought that if there was even a hint of Pidge or Hart being capable of playing up front, it would have been tried in training. No need to do an experiment like that in a match.

In my experience they don't, and changes of position can happen by by accident if needs must.

I'm still not as pessimistic as I was because of that thread of hope given when Shez arrived to try to save us but a couple of strands of that thread have just frayed away.  I wanted the spine of the team strengthened and that could realistically only happen if the embargo was lifted.  AlMo clearly didn't mean what was said or once again have proved their ignorance of what is required in the English Football League.

I can only see us getting out of this mess by keeping clean sheets and grabbing the odd goal.  I'm not in favour of criticising players who give their all.  It isn't the players that came in who are the problem it's the ones that didn't.

I can't get to Scunthorpe but if they do to us as they did at Boundary Park it won't be an enjoyable journey home for those who have travelled.

8 minutes ago, Hands on said:

I'm still not as pessimistic as I was because of that thread of hope given when Shez arrived to try to save us but a couple of strands of that thread have just frayed away.  I wanted the spine of the team strengthened and that could realistically only happen if the embargo was lifted.  AlMo clearly didn't mean what was said or once again have proved their ignorance of what is required in the English Football League.

I can only see us getting out of this mess by keeping clean sheets and grabbing the odd goal.  I'm not in favour of criticising players who give their all.  It isn't the players that came in who are the problem it's the ones that didn't.

I can't get to Scunthorpe but if they do to us as they did at Boundary Park it won't be an enjoyable journey home for those who have travelled.

Pretty much what happened in the previous Shezurrections, we weren’t free-scoring. I’ll take that!

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

David Goodwillie is about to become a free agent. 😳

Seems to have had a pretty raw deal as he has been playing for Clyde for the last 5 seasons. 👩🏻‍🚀

My heart bleeds for him.  The poor rapist.

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

David Goodwillie is about to become a free agent. 😳

Seems to have had a pretty raw deal as he has been playing for Clyde for the last 5 seasons. 👩🏻‍🚀

I think the woman he raped has had it a little worse..

Archived