Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, LaticsPete said:

I think the woman he raped has had it a little worse..

She had to take out a civil case against him to prove it. What can that do to someone, mentally, financially and in so many other ways? Well done girl.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

David Goodwillie is about to become a free agent. 😳

Seems to have had a pretty raw deal as he has been playing for Clyde for the last 5 seasons. 👩🏻‍🚀

Please accept this message as my resignation from the post of embargo monitor.

5 hours ago, Boroblue said:

David Goodwillie is about to become a free agent. 😳

Seems to have had a pretty raw deal as he has been playing for Clyde for the last 5 seasons. 👩🏻‍🚀

ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh red fleece will be on it if we alert him 

9 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Talking of Twitter, rumours on there that Baldock is signing tomorrow. 

From a quick search on Google, there's a article in the Swindon Advertiser from 3 days ago saying they are after him.  So I doubt it.  

On 2/1/2022 at 7:40 PM, BP1960 said:

In my experience they don't, and changes of position can happen by by accident if needs must.

BP - you will, no doubt, remember when we signed Glen Keeley from Blackburn. A more cumbersome centre half you couldn't find but I remember the Chron describing his (only ever) goal for us in terms of "finished with a deft touch more associated with a cultured centre forward". A quick search of the web says he never scored for us but he did, because I remember reading that report in the Chron and chuckling to myself. He wasn't liked at BP (frankly Latics fans hated Bar Steward Rovers back then - they were bitter rivals - oh how we wish they were now!). 

9 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

BP - you will, no doubt, remember when we signed Glen Keeley from Blackburn. A more cumbersome centre half you couldn't find but I remember the Chron describing his (only ever) goal for us in terms of "finished with a deft touch more associated with a cultured centre forward". A quick search of the web says he never scored for us but he did, because I remember reading that report in the Chron and chuckling to myself. He wasn't liked at BP (frankly Latics fans hated Bar Steward Rovers back then - they were bitter rivals - oh how we wish they were now!). 

Yes, Keeley scored his only goal in the 4-2 win v Leeds, League Cup 3rd round replay, Nov 1987, and wore the no 9 shirt that night according to Mr Dykes.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Yes, Keeley scored his only goal in the 4-2 win v Leeds, League Cup 3rd round replay, Nov 1987, and wore the no 9 shirt that night according to Mr Dykes.

Quite bizarrely Keeley was magnificent that night and led the line superbly. He produced a very composed finish as well. Never looked anything like as a centre half for Latics although was considered good enough whilst at Rovers to be bought by a very decent Everton side. Played once for the Toffees in a 0-5 reversal v Liverpool and that was his career at Goodison done. 

Archived