Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I'd say it's not about being against the lad that's signed, but about the owner not bringing in other players that we need. Are you happy with the business we've done? 

What's done is done lets give the new lad a chance. Also its not actually done. If we can offload some players then we can bring some free agents in.

I haven't seen the list of free agents that are out there but I am sure Shez has. He will be well aware what's available and who would strengthen the team. 

Things might be a lot clearer by Kick off time on Saturday.

I'm hoping it's not as bleak as it seems.  

We had no strikers playing against Rochdale but have the new chap and Hallam Hope to come back in.  Shez has got a tune out of both of them in the past (not researched that - just going off what people have said on here), so there's definitely a chance it might work out..

6 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Come on mate, what ?

Pidge up front? We desperately need goals in order to win 8 more points that the teams above us (who have all strengthened). 

It may well have been worth a go for the last few minutes of a game we’re chasing but for a full 20 games it seems a bit crazy…

14 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

What's done is done lets give the new lad a chance. Also its not actually done. If we can offload some players then we can bring some free agents in.

I haven't seen the list of free agents that are out there but I am sure Shez has. He will be well aware what's available and who would strengthen the team. 

Unless I'm reading the rules wrong then yesterday was the last day embargoed clubs could do business, hence the mad scramble at Scunthorpe and us trying to pay 2 or 3 off.

30 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

unfortunatley, l don't think this situation is accurate. l was under the impression last night was our last chance.

26 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Pidge up front? We desperately need goals in order to win 8 more points that the teams above us (who have all strengthened). 

It may well have been worth a go for the last few minutes of a game we’re chasing but for a full 20 games it seems a bit crazy…

If we had no other option then it would have been worth a try, being a forward isn't always about you scoring the goals.

Don't know how far you go back Ryan but its been done before, and been quite a success at times.

2 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l cant decide if ALMo have appointed Shez to try and stay up or as some shite plan to try and make us hate him.

Pair of clowns.

They signed him to appease the fans and stop the pitch invasions.  Win lose or draw, there won’t be the same level of hostility on match days when Shez is leading the team… add to this the windfall bonus of ST sales, boosted gates etc.

Win/win for AL/ML.  Last night proved that they’ve totally lost interest as they could have paid off the embargo and strengthened.  Uncertain what difference in club devaluation through relegation versus what it would have cost them yesterday but I guess we’ll never know.

Question is does someone buy us before we go into liquidation?  I can’t see them continuing if relegated - the income will be minimal.  That’s unless decision taken out of their hands through creditors.  

I’m still questioning who these credible potential buyers are….any news?!

41 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l cant decide if ALMo have appointed Shez to try and stay up or as some shite plan to try and make us hate him.

Pair of clowns.

They appointed Shez because they knew they could put a marketing spin on it (plus he said he'll work for free). 

4 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

They appointed Shez because they knew they could put a marketing spin on it (plus he said he'll work for free). 

Yeah and turn the heat down on themselves pick up a bit of cash they didn't expect to get.

Snake moves and we've jus gota roll with it to try and save the club. 😥.

41 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

They signed him to appease the fans and stop the pitch invasions.  Win lose or draw, there won’t be the same level of hostility on match days when Shez is leading the team… add to this the windfall bonus of ST sales, boosted gates etc.

Win/win for AL/ML.  Last night proved that they’ve totally lost interest as they could have paid off the embargo and strengthened.  Uncertain what difference in club devaluation through relegation versus what it would have cost them yesterday but I guess we’ll never know.

Question is does someone buy us before we go into liquidation?  I can’t see them continuing if relegated - the income will be minimal.  That’s unless decision taken out of their hands through creditors.  

I’m still questioning who these credible potential buyers are….any news?!

Well Blitz certainly won't be lowering his price. Can't see how AL can expect the amount he wants now if we go down tho.

does a shrewd businessman wait six months and pick us up for £1 as a none league club?

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

We had no strikers playing against Rochdale but have the new chap and Hallam Hope to come back in.  Shez has got a tune out of both of them in the past (not researched that - just going off what people have said on here), so there's definitely a chance it might work out..

Now, that is the voice of optimism!

11 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Another rumour that quickly became fact - he is quoted here John Sheridan is back at Oldham for a sixth time and plotting another miracle | Daily Mail Online as saying 

'No manager in their right minds would do that!' he says. 'But it's not about the money.'

Archived