Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

If we had no other option then it would have been worth a try, being a forward isn't always about you scoring the goals.

Don't know how far you go back Ryan but its been done before, and been quite a success at times.

It’s been done before with far better footballers than Pidge tho. 

44 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not even a hint of a rumour.  Concerning

Can you remember what stage of AL's takeover we got any hint about it?  I thought it was pretty much a done deal by the time we got wind of it.

Corney and Blitz was rumoured quite a bit in advance, IIRC.

Just now, SweeperKeeper said:

Can you remember what stage of AL's takeover we got any hint about it?  I thought it was pretty much a done deal by the time we got wind of it.

But it was at least six months after that when it was actually done

2 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

We found out in the summer of 2017 - he took over the following January

On 8/23/2017 at 6:20 PM, ChrisA said:

Potential sale lined up to a Dubai businessman.

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

We found out in the summer of 2017 - he took over the following January

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

'A guy from Dubai' 

That post above seems to be the first mention of it, from August 2017.  Looks like nobody knew until Corney told us in an interview.  

I had forgotten it took so long after that for the final deal to be closed.

Given how little information we get from the current owners, we might not know much about any sale until it's already done.  Let's just hope it happens soon.

40 minutes ago, mick26 said:

OEC (FLG) have bought the gym and done £400k refurb.

A very good point, mick. To me, that would indicate that they have full confidence in the future. I suspect they are privy to what is going on in the background regarding change of ownership. Hope springs eternal!

18 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It’s been done before with far better footballers than Pidge tho. 

Like I said,  if we had no better option.

I've played in teams were big central defenders have been used up top in some circumstances and to some success, Pidge would be deemed way better than those I played with.

Anyway imo pidge is a big threat in the oppos box, whether some fans think the same is just another opinion.

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

I've played in teams were big central defenders have been used up top in some circumstances and to some success, Pidge would be deemed way better than those I played with.

Anyway imo pidge is a big threat in the oppos box, whether some fans think the same is just another opinion.

Don't forget Ian Marshall being put up front by Joe with some success.

3 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Sam Hart is another who could be tried up front, very aggressive and no slouch.

22 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sam Hart is another who could be tried up front, very aggressive and no slouch.

I thought Hart was impressive on Saturday, he dealt well with O’Keeffe who was a handful all afternoon. There’s clearly a good footballer in there.

6 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I thought Hart was impressive on Saturday, he dealt well with O’Keeffe who was a handful all afternoon. There’s clearly a good footballer in there.

Played well in his best position, so let's move him to a totally different one... 😄😄

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Why??????

Why not try something different? I remember many defenders playing up front with great success.

After watching DKDs feeble attempt as a striker on Saturday could Hart do worse?

Couto can slot in at left back.

It's really amusing the number of posters who think that Pidge is a "donkey" 4th division pedestrian centre half yet hope that he'll transform into a centre forward capable of geting us out of the mess we're in.

He is a threat in the opposition's penalty area but would look like a fish out of water anywhere else up front.

Comparing him to Ian Marshall is nonsense as he started up front and was later moved into defence.

Throwing him forward when desperate for the last 5 minutes may well work out but it's a lot different than asking him to consistently play 90 minutes in a totally foreign position which he's obviously not equipped to do.

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It's really amusing the number of posters who think that Pidge is a "donkey" 4th division pedestrian centre half yet hope that he'll transform into a centre forward capable of geting us out of the mess we're in.

He is a threat in the opposition's penalty area but would look like a fish out of water anywhere else up front.

Comparing him to Ian Marshall is nonsense as he started up front and was later moved into defence.

Throwing him forward when desperate for the last 5 minutes may well work out but it's a lot different than asking him to consistently play 90 minutes in a totally foreign position which he's obviously not equipped to do.

It's ridiculous.

He's a threat with his head running onto the ball from a corner but that's absolutely nothing compared to playing with your back to goal, keeping the ball, finding team mates.

Playing CB is easy, that's why he's ended up there.

Archived