Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Lots of players are dickheads or worse, I've been scratching my brain for any who got biblically sacked and I can't get past Mutu. Any more?

Billy Kenny, Ched Evans, Lee Hughes.

We really know how to pick them.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Lots of players are dickheads or worse, I've been scratching my brain for any who got biblically sacked and I can't get past Mutu. Any more?

6 minutes ago, rosa said:

Billy Kenny, Ched Evans, Lee Hughes.

We really know how to pick them.

Didnt the blunts sack Baxter?

If Byrne isn’t playing due to disciplinary action then why not a fine instead so the team benefits from Byrne’s inclusion?

If Byrne isn’t playing due to an appearance fee issue then that’s the price to pay for signing a player who evidently will enhance our midfield, our play and create chances for our strikers.  If that fee is £4K a week then I’d happily pay £5 to £10 of that simply to see Byrne playing for us.  I’m sure other fans would do the same.

Something’s not right here.  The longer this drags on I think it’s more a case of Byrne’s face not fitting with AL so he’s out in the cold.  Might be behaviour, conduct or comments - whatever it is I don’t give two f*cks.  You play your best and Byrne is our best!  Grow the f*ck up AL and give FB the chance of playing Byrne.

Draw a kind and let’s focus on signing those two players you’ve suggested were incoming last week

1 hour ago, Buckshawlatic said:

You have to have been employed for two years before you gain full employment and protection rights.

yes there are exceptions if dismissed prior to 2 years service but having just double checked none seem to apply to Byrne 

Not relevant when you have a ‘bespoke’ fixed term contract versus the typical rolling contract. 

13 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Don’t care what’s gone on behind the scenes.  

He’s our best player by a country mile. Hang on a minute - he played 37 plus 3 as sub, and we were relegated. Of course one man doesn't make a team, but he's not Lionel Messi. Our midfield is desperately lacking his creative spark in the middle.  He’s fit and ready to play.

Understand if he’s a bench warmer but he’s not.  We still have to pay him if he’s sat idle or playing so let’s do the best for the club on the pitch.  Whatever his wage, it’s a sizeable chunk of our budget so accentuates the reason why we need to play him and maximise the return from that wage. But what if he has a bad effect on the rest of the team/squad? Plenty on here criticised him for his performances last season.

This is the one thing that concerns me about AL if you read into the Fane situation last season and rumours from other players, ex-players and ex-managers.  If his personal opinions and resulting actions are jeopardising our clubs fortunes on the pitch then will we ever get out this league? In which we've played one game - another 45 to go. Maybe you're writing us off a little early?

A few thoughts above. I'm sure the club hasn't taken the decision to suspend Byrne lightly, and everyone is fully aware of his ability. And his baggage.

16 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

A few thoughts above. I'm sure the club hasn't taken the decision to suspend Byrne lightly, and everyone is fully aware of his ability. And his baggage.

I have a very good friend who is a season ticket holder at Wigan.

During Wellens purple patch I asked her what they hell Wigan were thinking letting a player of Byrne’s callibre go... he was immense.

she said he was a fantastic player, but a complete cock who’s attitude stank, I replied he seems to have settled.

Weekend just gone we were speaking of opening day and I said he didn’t play - she replied “told you you’d find out he was a nob”

It’s fairly obvious given his talent (and the evidence that every club he’s been at have binned him off) that there is something seriously wrong with the guy - no one is queuing up for him hence him training with the youths on a wedge. If there wasn’t (and AL wanted rid) he’d be gone 

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I have a very good friend who is a season ticket holder at Wigan.

During Wellens purple patch I asked her what they hell Wigan were thinking letting a player of Byrne’s callibre go... he was immense.

she said he was a fantastic player, but a complete cock who’s attitude stank, I replied he seems to have settled.

Weekend just gone we were speaking of opening day and I said he didn’t play - she replied “told you you’d find out he was a nob”

It’s fairly obvious given his talent (and the evidence that every club he’s been at have binned him off) that there is something seriously wrong with the guy - no one is queuing up for him hence him training with the youths on a wedge. If there wasn’t (and AL wanted rid) he’d be gone 

Agreed. Let's face it, given his ability/potential, he should probably be playing at Championship level at least. The fact that he's not, and there doesn't seem to be a stampede of interested buyers, surely suggests that he is (very) high maintenance. FB has repeatedly and rightly stressed the importance of team spirit, and if (speculation) Byrne has to be frozen out to safeguard that, that's what'll happen.

We've been crying out for a quality midfielder for years. Since Wellens left really. We get one and then don't play him. It's baffling.

We bought a footballer, not a priest.

He's under contract with us, so let's utilise him to our benefit.

This amazing, high quality, footballer, with long golden hair, as fit as an Olympic sprinter, who saves kittens from trees and works at the soup kitchen in his spare time, who will lead us to the promise land doesn't exist. 

Baxter's renowned for having poor professionalism given his history, but we all hail him as the next coming of Jesus. 

Why is Byrne such a pariah by comparison? 

4 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

We've been crying out for a quality midfielder for years. Since Wellens left really. We get one and then don't play him. It's baffling.

This amazing, high quality, footballer, with long golden hair, as fit as an Olympic sprinter, who saves kittens from trees and works at the soup kitchen in his spare time, who will lead us to the promise land doesn't exist. 

Baxter's renowned for having poor professionalism given his history, but we all hail him as the next coming of Jesus. 

Jesus as a man is accepted as historical fact - I don’t believe in him as the son of god as I don’t believe in god hence he died 2000 years ago and I can’t ever comprehend his second coming especially as it’s 18 years overdue.

i believe everyone deserves a chance to make up for their mistakes and Jose is entitled to that chance so whilst I won’t get on my knees and pray to him good luck to the guy.

Byrne is making a career out of being a prick and as a manager of people attitude is a massive part as much as skill as a poor attitude can be toxic and spread throughout a team especially when those with a good attitude see such as not being challenged 

8 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

How long have you got ?

Baxter came and played really well and got the crowd onside in his first spell

He signed a contract to ensure we got a fee for him when he could have refused and left for nothing

He showed a good attitude during his first spell with us, playing for the TEAM

He apparently put his past misdemeanours behind him whilst playing for us first time

He's chosen to play for us this time round (although it may have been Hobson's choice)

He's keeps his gob shut most of  the time on and off the field

To my mind

Byrne also played well during his loan spell but went off when permanently signed ( I know the "played-out-of-position" boys will have their excuse but it's not what the TEAM needed )

He's showed a poor attitude when things aren't going well for HIM

His reputation from former clubs seem to have followed him

His constant badgering of his TEAMMATES when a) they don't give him the ball or b) they don't receive it from one of his passes is poor (it's never a bad pass from him !)

Shouting at the manager and throwing his hands in the air shows a poor attitude

His twitter emojis ( or whatever they are ) serve only to ridicule, however justified, the club I support

For me the main reason we went down was a lack of team spirit during the last dozen or so matches and I can't imagine Jack Byrne was one of the ones contributing to the whole team ethos !   

I was hoping that he would calm down and just play bloody football but his arrogant attitude apparently prevents him from doing this and until it improves I for one am glad to see him playing with the kids.    

39 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

This amazing, high quality, footballer, with long golden hair, as fit as an Olympic sprinter, who saves kittens from trees and works EATS at the soup kitchen in his spare time, who will lead us to the promise land doesn't exist.  

Gerrard is looking in the mirror and disagrees with you...…..apart from the kitten bit.

59 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure he is suspended now (or ever was).

He isn't suspended now. He's training with the youth team, and has been for 2 weeks or so. He was suspended before then and his suspension started in the immediate aftermath of the incident with Fane. Make of that what you will...

Archived