Transfer Rumours

4 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Cotterill seems to have become some sort of League 2 Messi on social media this week.

Which is quite the opposite of how players with little or no recent match-time under their belts get castigated, along with any club that signs them.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Birmingham City mate was less than upset when he left them. According to him Cotterill can’t go past a man, delivery isn’t the best and is what they call a Billy Big Bollocks with an attitude that stinks.

On the basis of which, Latics are trying to sign him. :D

Guest Stanley30
1 minute ago, Wardie said:

On the basis of which, Latics are trying to sign him. :D

You know the rule. If he won’t sign for us he’s rubbish and a bit of a $hit

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

If the club wanted to keep their cards close to their chest with this signing why did they let him sign autographs and pose for pictures on an open training day? Seems daft.

At the time they may have expected him to sign. However things change quickly he or his agent may have shifted the goalposts. Or perhaps it was expected he would sign if we could get Jack Byrne out the door, who knows all kinds of stuff can happen behind the scenes that we dont know about.

Just think about it ,if you went on trial for a job and asked a few of the people who worked there how it was and they told you: "it's great here ,our team manager is great ,we all get on well together, most of the staff that worked here last year have left for various reasons, oh and we don't always get paid on time but we are all cool about that"What would you think ? I bet it wouldn't be I can't miss this opportunity, maybe that is why Cotterill hasn't signed.

7 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Why am I not surprised we managed to fuck up the Cotterill deal... Jokers.

Question: What If he didn't show sufficient effort/skill/attitude?

Answer: Nah, that won't do. I can't blame the club for it.

3 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I mean it was always a given but he hasn't been spotted in training all week and the most obvious one.. we haven't signed him!

No, it wasn't a given. Everyone expected him to sign, but no one, certainly at the club, said he would.  Until it's officially announced, it's no more than hope and speculation. If FB and AR don't think he's what we need, they won't have him.

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Yes that's the one lads, he's not signing now so he's shite. Not like we're desperate for a winger or anything.

One poster, just one, posted a comment about his friend's take on Cotterill's time at Birmingham. No one, anywhere, has said he's shite because he's not signing.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

If the club wanted to keep their cards close to their chest with this signing why did they let him sign autographs and pose for pictures on an open training day? Seems daft.

Because I would imagine that, at the time, they thought he was going to be signed, much to (almost) everyone's delight. Things change further down the line and, if they do, you can't change (training day) history.

It would be pretty cool if he trotted out with the rest of them in blue at FGR tomorrow. Frankie Bunn's best poker hand. We've either signed him or we haven't. We'll have to wait and see, won't we? 

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

He obviously can't be that desperate to play if he cocked on us ! next.....

Eh?  He’s obviously desperate to play but he’d be stupid to sign for us for pittance and then he’s stuck with us all season.  At moment he’s a free agent and will most likely sign for someone in L1 on a lot more money than us.

This registration with Indian league might be genuine but I think him trialling with us was for fitness and to put himself back in the shop window.

46 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Eh?  He’s obviously desperate to play but he’d be stupid to sign for us for pittance and then he’s stuck with us all season.  At moment he’s a free agent and will most likely sign for someone in L1 on a lot more money than us.

This registration with Indian league might be genuine but I think him trialling with us was for fitness and to put himself back in the shop window.

.....and to practice signing autographs again.

1 hour ago, singe said:

I'm hoping his tweet is frustration about his registration bing released.

Not expecting it though.

Keep working till something comes up would suggest not. Getting a lot of love from previous clubs on twitter. Think we missed out of a decent player there! Prob couldn’t afford his wages ?

Archived