Transfer Rumours

Maybe having no one interested in him and being stuck in a League 2 reserve team might make him re-evaluate his position. The next step after us could be non League despite his undoubted ability. We should leave the door open for him to change his ways and work his way back into the team. He’s contracted for a while so there’s still time for the situation to change.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bored know of the Byrne chat.  Conclusion is he’s divisive amongst us fans so let’s all agree to disagree.

Question of more importance... how active will we be tomorrow?  Don’t know who but I reckon 1 in but 2 out.  Hope I’m wrong as we still need to strengthen up front, in middle and on the wing although Cotterill could tick two of those boxes.  Only player I’d happily see leave is Gerrard.

3 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Bored know of the Byrne chat.  Conclusion is he’s divisive amongst us fans so let’s all agree to disagree.

Question of more importance... how active will we be tomorrow?  Don’t know who but I reckon 1 in but 2 out.  Hope I’m wrong as we still need to strengthen up front, in middle and on the wing although Cotterill could tick two of those boxes.  Only player I’d happily see leave is Gerrard.

Gerrard has gone, definitely. Think he’s got until the end of the month to find a new club due to him being a free agent and I suspect he’ll be waiting it out to see if he can get a financial settlement from Latics on the conclusion of his appeal. 

I have absolutely no idea how active we’ll be for the first time in years. Rumours of Hamer and Hunt leaving seem to have faded over the last few weeks - there’s very little coming out of the club nowadays. Just have to wait and see :pray:

14 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

In terms of incomings, I don't think tomorrow is too pivotal because we can still bring loans or free agents in until the end of August, I think.

If we do sell Hamer tomorrow, he might end up coming back to us on loan...

Guest Stanley30

Heard about the quick lad up front for Wednesday. Can’t remember name, but reserve who is rapid and promising. Seems to be a fire sale there at the mo

46 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

In terms of incomings, I don't think tomorrow is too pivotal because we can still bring loans or free agents in until the end of August, I think.

If we do sell Hamer tomorrow, he might end up coming back to us on loan...

Team desperately needs some pace. A poor start to this season will cripple us especially with the relatively ‘easy’ fixtures we have coming up...

2 hours ago, welshgaz said:

Struggling off the 30 or 40 times I've seen Rob Hunt as to how we could comand any sort of fee for him. 

I agree, passing is terrible and never seems to be in control of the ball. Seems to be caught out of position a lot

6 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Gerrard is looking in the mirror and disagrees with you...…..apart from the kitten bit.

Gerrard is looking in the mirror and disagrees with you...…..apart from the every kitchen in England bit.

FIFY

5 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I agree, passing is terrible and never seems to be in control of the ball. Seems to be caught out of position a lot

You on about Tarky :laught16:

I miss the days when you could read appraisals of Tarky similar to that statement on here, defenders generally take time to mature and it's an unforgiving position at the best of times so sometimes it's wise to just let these young kids develop, make their mistakes and not crucify them and demand they are dropped for every bad game they play, we have a few at the moment who all look to have ability, lets hope they get their chance to prove their potential. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I miss the days when you could read appraisals of Tarky similar to that statement on here, defenders generally take time to mature and it's an unforgiving position at the best of times so sometimes it's wise to just let these young kids develop, make their mistakes and not crucify them and demand they are dropped for every bad game they play, we have a few at the moment who all look to have ability, lets hope they get their chance to prove their potential. 

I get what you’re saying about youth however Tarky was originally a centre midfielder so was comfortable handling the ball.

With Hunt, he never looks to be in control of the ball fully yet he’s been brought up through the ‘system’.

It may well click in time but he’s a long way from that at present 

Apparently signing striker Connor Hall on 12 month loan according to local press over in Bolton.

Really good signing and would be a great partner for Surridge.  Hall more a poacher and scored a hat-trick against us early this week in that closed doors run out.  Been on fire for Bolton’s U23 team scoring 23 goals last season.  Scored 5 goals in one game against Ilkeston whilst on loan at Mickleover.

Not your tried and tested striker but solid poacher wanted by a number of League 1 teams.  If we secure him then would be good business reflecting our current level.

So it’s transfer deadline day for  permanent deals  and only till 5pm  so can we expect any activity  ? I personally can’t see any incomings  and maybe only 2  out goings at most   Thoughts people or better still  proper rumours  about  incoming or outgoing deals. Not that jacks been suspended for farting near the chairman’s wife or whatever other  reasons some may think 

14 minutes ago, Handsy said:

So it’s transfer deadline day for  permanent deals  and only till 5pm  so can we expect any activity  ? I personally can’t see any incomings  and maybe only 2  out goings at most   Thoughts people or better still  proper rumours  about  incoming or outgoing deals. Not that jacks been suspended for farting near the chairman’s wife or whatever other  reasons some may think 

As were able to make loans after 5pm, I don’t think we’ll be that active today.  However we need to strengthen up front and midfield, which was evident from Saturday.  Connor Hall would be a great signing and if FB is allowed to field Byrne on Saturday then that’ll feel like a new signing.  Cotterill cherry on top.

Hamer rumours cooled but might see a deal for him going out but returning on loan until January.  Makes sense for buying club to blood him here still and then play him from January.  Lad will only appreciate in value.

Can’t see Hunt leaving.  Uncertain if his head turned but didn’t really impress me Saturday nor latter stages of last season.

1 minute ago, Handsy said:

I agree midsblue  Connor hall  is the poacher  fox in the box type we need  hope  there’s legs in this rumour would be a good signing  but think if he comes it will be at end of loan window 

We might miss opportunity so if we don’t secure today when Champ teams are trying to clear decks to secure Prem loans etc then I’m worried the purse is totally empty.  

We’re crying out for another striker as Miller/O’Grady might chip in 5-10 each in season and Surridge can’t do it on his own.  

Benteke alongside Surridge would be my preferred option if we don’t strengthen plus give Duffus a run out when he returns.  There’s a striker there at our level so hopefully FB has the chance to play him.

Re: Connor Hall

A Bolton fan writes

--------

Absolute goal machine. Got 25 last season and a hat-trick yesterday. Admittedly, he’s never started for the first team but he’s got massive promise. Hope you get him.

--------

Welcome to the graveyard , Connor.

21 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

We might miss opportunity so if we don’t secure today when Champ teams are trying to clear decks to secure Prem loans etc then I’m worried the purse is totally empty.  

We’re crying out for another striker as Miller/O’Grady might chip in 5 between them in season and Surridge can’t do it on his own.  

Benteke alongside Surridge would be my preferred option if we don’t strengthen plus give Duffus a run out when he returns.  There’s a striker there at our level so hopefully FB has the chance to play him.

Bit more like it :)

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Centre backs and centre forwards can take time to mature.

Centre back Josh Heaton who I recommended at Droylsden a couple of years ago is now at St Mirren.

I'm looking now at a young centre forward in non league on loan from Salford at Bradford PA called Jake Beesley as a case in example.

Archived