Transfer Rumours

On 8/7/2018 at 12:06 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

Not sure on that. He wasn't training this morning, but there were only 12 of them out there. I was told on Saturday that the deal had been agreed and we were just waiting for registration clearance from India...

He isn't training today...

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, leeslover said:

Lots of players are dickheads or worse, I've been scratching my brain for any who got biblically sacked and I can't get past Mutu. Any more?

But what have the Romans ever done for us?

I think all those mentioned got nicked, which must make it nice and easy. Still feel we'd be going into new territory with Gerrard, not that it's a bad thing for footballersto be treated the same as the rest of us 

Byrne.  The obvious simple answer is sometimes the right one.  Putting aside the tackle and his attitude could it be that he isn't the wonder player many of you think he is.  That he isn't the wonder player who will drag us out of league 2 because he wasn't the wonder player who could stop us dropping out of league 1.  Why would anyone take him on at the sort of wage he is said to have?  Overpriced and unwanted.  Sit tight Jack and see out your contract.

Don't know why they're not shutting the whole lot today, or the whole lot at the end of August.

We'll be probably get another couple in on loan, but imagine we'll have to wait until the end of August for what's left and for parent clubs to decide who's needed.

It's mostly frustrating though because the sooner it shuts and we can get on with this season with or without (hopefully with) Jack Byrne, the better.

56 minutes ago, dec666 said:

Don't know why they're not shutting the whole lot today, or the whole lot at the end of August.

We'll be probably get another couple in on loan, but imagine we'll have to wait until the end of August for what's left and for parent clubs to decide who's needed.

It's mostly frustrating though because the sooner it shuts and we can get on with this season with or without (hopefully with) Jack Byrne, the better.

Restriction of trade etc. 

The worldwide window shuts on 31st, so someone registered to a club outside England tomorrow can still be signed if they are released. This apparently would apply to Cotterill

26 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Restriction of trade etc. 

The worldwide window shuts on 31st, so someone registered to a club outside England tomorrow can still be signed if they are released. This apparently would apply to Cotterill

I don't think there's a worldwide window. It varies by country. 

https://www.fifatms.com/itms/worldwide-transfer-windows-calendar/

I've no idea why the transfer window and loan window are different, but I'd hazard a guess that PL clubs find it useful to be able to loan out players who they know won't make the first team once they've finalised their permanent signings. Ditto with signing released players, maybe it's just an extra period to release deadwood and give them chance to sign elsewhere once the main business is done. 

But I can't find anything to back this theory up.

4 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

I've no idea why the transfer window and loan window are different, but I'd hazard a guess that PL clubs find it useful to be able to loan out players who they know won't make the first team once they've finalised their permanent signings. Ditto with signing released players, maybe it's just an extra period to release deadwood and give them chance to sign elsewhere once the main business is done. 

But I can't find anything to back this theory up.

I think it was their decision to make sure once the season started that was that. No clubs tapping other PL clubs up for players, they'd have settled squads. Issue is the other countries have not done the same. 

I know the PL clubs voted on when to close the window, and I've read that FIFA demands that each window is 12 weeks long so the opening date is derived from that

Wouldn't make sense to demand every league worldwide has the same window though, not given they vary in terms of start, end, breaks, number of games, etc.

7 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

In shock that we're not after anyone and leaving it until the end of the loan window. Like a shit student leaving everything to the last minute.

Absolutely, already playing with 3 of a permitted 5 loan players in a matchday squad, doesn't leave much room for manoevre.

Then again, should we not just have faith in our Owner :clown:

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

In shock that we're not after anyone and leaving it until the end of the loan window. Like a shit student leaving everything to the last minute.

That's more like it. You've been showing worrying signs of positivity lately.

Archived