Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Farcical situation. 

Is it? It’s obviously going to be that way. He has a contract and it is inevitable given his growing rep... clearly there aren’t clubs lining up to take him or he’d already be gone. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, so as the Transfer Rumours thread has now become the Jack Byrne thread, let's have a quick look at what we all think/know/assume/presume/make up.

By all accounts, and I trust Lee Sinnott's view on this, JB isn't as keen on leaving as AL is in him leaving. JB has also apparently told a fan that he wants to stay and play. So what is the sticking point? Is that no club is prepared to make an offer because of JB's apparent reputation?  Or, is it because JB is digging his heels in and saying I'll stay as long as there's no offers and pick up my wages?

And from AL's point of view, I'd be very surprised if he simply wanted JB off the payroll, otherwise why would he have signed him on a 2 &1/2 year contract. I also can't believe that it is because he doesn't want JB to trigger an appearance clause for exactly the same reason.

Is it because he broke Fane's leg and dislocated his ankle? If that was a straight forward training ground accident, ostracising the lad would be harsh in the extreme. If, on the other hand, it was a deliberate attempt to injure Fane, then JB deserves all he gets. None of us were there, so we don't know. There have been strories about JB refusing to take part in training (was it a fitness session? I can't remember) That's a breach of contract. We also know that he chucked his teddies out on more than one occasion last season. 

So what does all that add up to? In short, we haven't a bloody clue, but we can make a lot of guesses and any, or all of that, could be part of it. What I would say is that those who want the club (AL) to come out with a statement, don't hold your breath. There is such a thing as employee confidentiality where ins, outs, ups and downs of an employee's record, including disciplinary action, is just that. Confidential. We'll find out one day and, as much as we would love to see Byrne ripping League 2 apart, if he has been an extremely naughty boy and has disrupted FB/AR/AL/the clubs day to day progress, then we have to wish him a fond fareweel

21 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

OK, so as the Transfer Rumours thread has now become the Jack Byrne thread, let's have a quick look at what we all think/know/assume/presume/make up.

By all accounts, and I trust Lee Sinnott's view on this, JB isn't as keen on leaving as AL is in him leaving. JB has also apparently told a fan that he wants to stay and play. So what is the sticking point? Is that no club is prepared to make an offer because of JB's apparent reputation?  Or, is it because JB is digging his heels in and saying I'll stay as long as there's no offers and pick up my wages?

And from AL's point of view, I'd be very surprised if he simply wanted JB off the payroll, otherwise why would he have signed him on a 2 &1/2 year contract. I also can't believe that it is because he doesn't want JB to trigger an appearance clause for exactly the same reason.

Is it because he broke Fane's leg and dislocated his ankle? If that was a straight forward training ground accident, ostracising the lad would be harsh in the extreme. If, on the other hand, it was a deliberate attempt to injure Fane, then JB deserves all he gets. None of us were there, so we don't know. There have been strories about JB refusing to take part in training (was it a fitness session? I can't remember) That's a breach of contract. We also know that he chucked his teddies out on more than one occasion last season. 

So what does all that add up to? In short, we haven't a bloody clue, but we can make a lot of guesses and any, or all of that, could be part of it. What I would say is that those who want the club (AL) to come out with a statement, don't hold your breath. There is such a thing as employee confidentiality where ins, outs, ups and downs of an employee's record, including disciplinary action, is just that. Confidential. We'll find out one day and, as much as we would love to see Byrne ripping League 2 apart, if he has been an extremely naughty boy and has disrupted FB/AR/AL/the clubs day to day progress, then we have to wish him a fond fareweel

Fane thing a red herring, if it was deliberate then he surely would have been sacked, we'd have heard condemnations from players and staff and probable police involvement.

Disciplinary issue, could understand if he'd been told to stay away/sort head out for couple of weeks and then back into it, he's not been involved for a month now with no sign of return, hard to believe Bunn would agree to that if it was his decision given lack of quality in squad and having only worked with him for short time.

So you can only draw the conclusion that Lemsagam is trying to force him out due to the cost of his contract, let's say for arguments sake he's on 2k basic and 4k per appearance then there are probably about 4 thousand reasons why Lemsagam doesn't want him involved.

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Fane thing a red herring, if it was deliberate then he surely would have been sacked, we'd have heard condemnations from players and staff and probable police involvement.

Disciplinary issue, could understand if he'd been told to stay away/sort head out for couple of weeks and then back into it, he's not been involved for a month now with no sign of return, hard to believe Bunn would agree to that if it was his decision given lack of quality in squad and having only worked with him for short time.

So you can only draw the conclusion that Lemsagam is trying to force him out due to the cost of his contract, let's say for arguments sake he's on 2k basic and 4k per appearance then there are probably about 4 thousand reasons why Lemsagam doesn't want him involved.

I think the cost has been highlighted, and that does have a semblance of truth.

For Byrne to be disciplined this long is counter productive. He is costing money, and also not contributing to the team. notwithstanding the fact punishing this long will ensure a disillusioned player rather than one who takes the punishment and that spurs him on. And why would Bunn acquiesce to such a long punishment that could affect his employment  reputation?

For AL, it may be that he knows he has had his pants pulled down and the newspaper articles have exposed that. Although given his agent role that is stunning. Maybe he was feeling generous and knows he has been taken advantage of, again stunning if true. It indicates him trying to reassert his lost authority. but the phrase cut your nose to spite your face comes to mind.

We will know by tomorrow I  guess.

13 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

It's pretty clear that AL is trying to force him out cos he's expensive and we're in League Two.

A horrible state of affairs of AL's making. 

Stage a protest..

39 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The fane thing is true...I gather it was a rash tackle out of pure frustration though rather than a ‘i’m gonna do you’ thought process. Would be hard to prove if it was intentional anyway without getting into his brain and going through his thought process. 

In terms of his contract being heavily linked to appearances I find it hard to believe both him and his agent would sign something like that at his age. Of course they’ll be all kind of bonus linked to it for scoring, winnng etc but those kind of contracts that have large appearances bonuses are usually used for players who have a history of injuries or are towards the end of their careers so more likely to not be want/able to play week in week out without incentive.

I’m sure he is on a big contract as we’d have needed to offer him one to get him to stay at the club though. 

3,000 people have paid good money to watch the best possible team in action over the course of a season. They are being denied that. It’s like signing a 12 month contract for sky sports and then having the football withdrawn. If he’s not banned for the malicious injury of a team mate (and for that he should be banned) then he should be on the pitch giving the punters what they’ve paid for. 

13 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

3,000 people have paid good money to watch the best possible team in action over the course of a season. They are being denied that. It’s like signing a 12 month contract for sky sports and then having the Premier League football withdrawn. If he’s not banned for the malicious injury of a team mate (and for that he should be banned) then he should be on the pitch giving the punters what they’ve paid for. 

Ftfy

10 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

It’s a weird one football - considering he’s not yet been here 2 years in any other walk of life if AL wanted rid he could just sack him and JB would have no rights with regards unfair dismissal whatsoever 

Not sure about that.

3 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

You have to have been employed for two years before you gain full employment and protection rights.

yes there are exceptions if dismissed prior to 2 years service but having just double checked none seem to apply to Byrne 

Fixed term contract. I’m obviously not party to what it says but it may well say the employer can’t end it early without paying in full. 

1 hour ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Fixed term contract. I’m obviously not party to what it says but it may well say the employer can’t end it early without paying in full. 

And you’re right, it probably does have severance terms so the exceptions will apply

Who has got some serious transfer rumours??? Somebody must have heard something. Lots of players still without clubs and transfer deadline looming just over 24 hours. Will we sign Cotterill or Ross Wallace??? We certainly need a player to provide crosses and assists. Looks like it’s going down to the wire as usual.

11 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

You have to have been employed for two years before you gain full employment and protection rights.

yes there are exceptions if dismissed prior to 2 years service but having just double checked none seem to apply to Byrne 

He could very well have protected characteristics which would open the Club to an unlimited settlement should he choose to sue, regardless of time employed.  I assume he could afford a decent employment law solicitor.

The HR course I attended this morning wasn’t a total waste of my time after all!

Archived