Transfer Rumours

5 hours ago, Crusoe said:

I know the PL clubs voted on when to close the window, and I've read that FIFA demands that each window is 12 weeks long so the opening date is derived from that

Wouldn't make sense to demand every league worldwide has the same window though, not given they vary in terms of start, end, breaks, number of games, etc.

City and united voted against the current setup, which makes it fine by me

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, any chances of additions today in loan ahead of Saturday?

AL apparently told someone in Nando’s (picture taken) that two will be coming in.

However all those ITK suggesting Ripley, Doyle etc... you’re no more ITK than 99% on here and I recommend that you get out more, find a boyfriend/girlfriend and bring some reality into your life.

6 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

AL apparently told someone in Nando’s (picture taken) that two will be coming in.

However all those ITK suggesting Ripley, Doyle etc... you’re no more ITK than 99% on here and I recommend that you get out more, find a boyfriend/girlfriend and bring some reality into your life.

He says after posting this at 8.46 on a Friday morning :laught16::laught16::laught16::chubb:.

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He says after posting this at 8.46 on a Friday morning :laught16::laught16::laught16::chubb:.

Eh?  Granted I was bored ahead of a business meeting.  Asked the question and hopefully some answers and activity once I’m back out.

27 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Used to be a shutdown for a week after window closed. Might have changed now with new rules.

20 hours ago, Crusoe said:

I know the PL clubs voted on when to close the window, and I've read that FIFA demands that each window is 12 weeks long so the opening date is derived from that

Wouldn't make sense to demand every league worldwide has the same window though, not given they vary in terms of start, end, breaks, number of games, etc.

I understand the transfer window was brought in to prevents agents touting for players moving throughout the season.

Good move or not? Opinion is probably divided. 

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I know that but used to be a week after a window had closed before you could make loan signings again.

If I've got this right, there is now no break between the window closing and the signing of loans and free agents. I haven't checked the FA/EFL rules, so stand to be corrected.

Just now, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I mean it was always a given but he hasn't been spotted in training all week and the most obvious one.. we haven't signed him!

Yes, but as fans, we don't and cannot know every little detail about what goes on at the club regarding signings. All it seems to take is one little comment on social media and there is a stampede of people [supposedly in the know] who come out with unsubstantiated statements.

If he doesn't sign, then he doesn't sign and the club have no obligation to the fans other than to say the deal did not materialise. It's not the end of the World and it's a folly to then start speculating what could have been, instead of moving on. 

6 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I mean it was always a given but he hasn't been spotted in training all week and the most obvious one.. we haven't signed him!

Is Cotterill worth getting that upset about?

Aging wingers are not exactly a prerequisite for a good season. He's played 8 games in 16 months, so his match fitness levels would have been pretty low.

How do you know we have not decided to look elsewhere because of complications with his registration in India?

Archived