Transfer Rumours

26 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

When a club can pay over 100,000,000 for a human being, football and spending wisely don’t go together 

There is a lot more commercial sense for a club with a following throughout the world paying £100M for a marketable commodity than there is in Latics paying a player anything above a couple of grand a week. 

No in fact I have reconsidered to anything above a grand a week plus win bonuses

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not sure on that. He wasn't training this morning, but there were only 12 of them out there. I was told on Saturday that the deal had been agreed and we were just waiting for registration clearance from India...

Reason there was only 12 of them is cos there is a reserve match this afternoon...

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not sure on that. He wasn't training this morning, but there were only 12 of them out there. I was told on Saturday that the deal had been agreed and we were just waiting for registration clearance from India...

To strengthen this further, why would DC participate in the open training session and sign autographs with the rest of the 'issue free' squad if there was any uncertainty over the deal?

I know 'this is Latics we are talking about' and 'mobile phones ring' but surely to god it's not happened again?

7 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Those keyboard dreamers were extremely quiet yesterday.  With just under 4 days to go until window shuts, you’d think they’d be banging their keyboards fabricating meetings in every coffee shop and chicken shack in town.

With Kronke buying Arsenal outright, Usmanov will have £1 billion burning in his pocket.  After investing £4m, AL now only has £995m - remember he wasn’t a billionaire - but how much realistically would you need minimum to turn this nightmare around permanently?

Personally I reckon £30 million spread over 5-6 years reinvesting on player resales to keep topping up those funds.  With luck and good fortune you’d get a return on that money once you reach that promised land.  Granted that was Blitz’s plan but inexperience in acquiring players, managers etc plus the economic downturn meant we went in the opposite direction.

Surely AL must mix in circles of football mad multi-millionaires or billionaires?  Football Manager on a grand scale to achieve Prem football within 10 years.  £30m is at the back of their chaise lounge these days and wouldn’t be missed.... 

Beside the £30m you would need lots of luck in having the right manager, the squad of players, and being relatively injury free in these days of transfer windows, where you are stuck with who you get in at the beginning of the season and in January.

How come Cotterill needs permission from India? He’s a British National who played in India for just 2 months over the Christmas period - he returned home 6 months ago (his contract was terminated in February). Just to clarify I’m not calling anyone a liar or anything like that (LS is the most reliable poster on here) - just wondering why such a daft rule is in force.

35 minutes ago, Ryan said:

How come Cotterill needs permission from India? He’s a British National who played in India for just 2 months over the Christmas period - he returned home 6 months ago (his contract was terminated in February). Just to clarify I’m not calling anyone a liar or anything like that (LS is the most reliable poster on here) - just wondering why such a daft rule is in force.

He's registered with a club there. Until they do the paperwork transferring it across, we can't register him.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Maybe he should have sorted it out while he was there, who knows? 

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Must be available for selection though which is encouraging. 

Wouldn't think he will be under consideration for the first team. He's been with the youth team for 2 weeks, having been suspended before then. Common knowledge, but he's on a really good contract here - he's in no rush to go anywhere but the club (Lemsagam) are desperate for him to go. I hope they resolve it and we get him on the pitch, but as things stand at the moment, there's more chance of Frankie putting his boots on himself...

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Wouldn't think he will be under consideration for the first team. He's been with the youth team for 2 weeks, having been suspended before then. Common knowledge, but he's on a really good contract here - he's in no rush to go anywhere but the club (Lemsagam) are desperate for him to go. I hope they resolve it and we get him on the pitch, but as things stand at the moment, there's more chance of Frankie putting his boots on himself...

Might be being naive but that benefits neither side. If they can’t get rid by Thursday then why not give him the chance to get back in. We’ll be paying him anyway (can’t see him being paid off) and might as well put him in the shop window for January. 

Archived