Bunn Officially confirmed

12 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Mansfield away killed it for me. No intent to even try to attack. Not been since. No plans to go in the near future. I don’t mind losing when having a go but to turn up with the tactics we do is awful. I CBA even reading this board anymore. I was gonna write more. CBA. Shame. 

As a pay on the dayer I'm finding it difficult to justify at the moment and am pretty much in the same boat, shame really because even though the start wasn't great we still had a platform to build but setting up for 0-0's and hardly troubling opposition keepers is tedious in the extreme, players other than Iverson, Edmondson and Surridge are frankly shite and if we are being honest not good enough. 

This season I had a little bit of hope that we'd at least compete but all we've done is drop a division, down grade the squad to the worst the club's probably ever had and set about playing in a way that will turn the fans away in their droves.

It's shit - not good enough and we have managed to find a manager who just fails to inspire and looks a long way off what is needed, add to that the absolute fraud of on owner whose already paying players late and causung shit storms and the futures suddenly looking very bleak.

Hope to god we can find some inspiration from somewhere but it appears we are going to be reliant on two Premier League loanees just to stay safe this season which in itself is an absolute piss take, our club is a fucking shambles and I really do question my sanity in giving it any more of my time.

17 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

The club is rudderless,sacking our manager would make no difference.Our owner was absent again,just Barry Owen and another guy in a cap in the Directors seats.Trust rep (supposed to be on the board,not yet appointed) not in Directors box. With our owner being absent who is running the club? If its Barry Owen thats double trouble.

The guy in the flat cap was AL's brother I believe. He is probably running things here whilst AL can't get in to the country.

Will give Bunn the benefit of the doubt at the moment - I'm sure he's not playing the same, failing tactics every game just to piss everyone off.  Maybe there's more to it than meets the eye?  And besides, who do we replace him with? 

"Wanted! A manager who can work miracles under an interfering owner with no budget.  Must be able to attract quality players who don't mind not getting paid on time!"  Form a queue, chaps..

Our only hope is to find an owner who has some money and knows what he's doing.  But the signs are that such a person doesn't exist..

Not sure where we go from here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JoeP said:

Will give Bunn the benefit of the doubt at the moment - I'm sure he's not playing the same, failing tactics every game just to piss everyone off.  Maybe there's more to it than meets the eye?  And besides, who do we replace him with? 

"Wanted! A manager who can work miracles under an interfering owner with no budget.  Must be able to attract quality players who don't mind not getting paid on time!"  Form a queue, chaps..

Our only hope is to find an owner who has some money and knows what he's doing.  But the signs are that such a person doesn't exist..

Not sure where we go from here.

You just described John Sheridan!

43 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Part of the reason things went to pot for him here was down to the fact he had a load of AL's players lumped on him, wasn't it?

I think ultimately it was the keeper situation,Shez wanted Ripley and we ended up with the time bomb that was Johnny.

We all knew he was crap at being a goalie,Shez defo knew, but curiosity got the better of us and we all turned a blind eye to his shortcomings.

Lemagam vs Shez another battle of wills just like Lemsagam vs Byrne. 

There is recurring theme with everything that is wrong here and that is before the Corneyesque financials of the club.

ABDALLAH LEMSAGAM :clown:

52 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I think ultimately it was the keeper situation,Shez wanted Ripley and we ended up with the time bomb that was Johnny.

We all knew he was crap at being a goalie,Shez defo knew, but curiosity got the better of us and we all turned a blind eye to his shortcomings.

There is recurring theme with everything that is wrong here and that is before the Corneyesque financials of the club.

Yup.

Think Shez was making some sort of statement when he only named three subs at Blackpool..

59 minutes ago, archiecat said:

How time can distort the reality. Sheridan saddled us with rubbish goal keepers at the start of the season and Placide was not as bad a goalie as some like to post. Sheridan knew little-something he is now proving at Carlisle.

Placide's distribution was excellent something reqd in the modern game and something our current goalie doesn't have.

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Placide's distribution was excellent  on one occasion setting up Holloway. to score, he was most of the time an absolutely shite keeper who had no command of his area,couldn't judge the flight of a ball but did a trick, which eventually backfired making him look a mug.

Give me Iversen any day but yes, as you say those other 2 were garbage.

46 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

How time can distort the reality. Sheridan saddled us with rubbish goal keepers at the start of the season and Placide was not as bad a goalie as some like to post. Sheridan knew little-something he is now proving at Carlisle.

Placide's distribution was excellent something reqd in the modern game and something our current goalie doesn't have.

Placide was better than Ruddy or Wilson (which is a pretty low bar..), and Shez was ignorant to that for whatever reason..

.. but to say Shez knew (knows?) little is a bit daft. 

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

It's actually Lemsagam against everyone employed at the club even if it is merely not paying the wages.I think Frankie is waking up to that reality,the honeymoon period is over there can only be one result. Shez couldn't accept the way he was being treated and reacted in a certain way, he knew that the way he was being treated was not sustainable. 

1 hour ago, laticsmarra said:

Shez couldn't accept the way he was being treated and reacted in a certain way, he knew that the way he was being treated was not sustainable. 

What was our league position when he went? What was the team performance when he went? 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

.. but to say Shez knew (knows?) little is a bit daft. 

He was lost.

15 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Placide was not as bad a goalie as some like to post.

Placide went on a 12 game run of conceding goals without saving an actual shot and his 2nd half of the season was littered with errors including his famed distribution costing us.

The modern day goalkeeper while having good distribution helps it means fuck all if you don't stop any shots on target.

Before anybody says it, we all have suffered loss and things going on at home but we have to perform at work.

1 hour ago, singe said:

I guess the main question (not for the first time) is;  are Frankie's tactics crap or is it a case of the players not listening?

Tactics are designed for away matches, the players can't adapt when the opposition get behind the ball at BP.

FB should change the formation for home games, removing one of the holding midfielders for an extra striker, attacking wider and having more players anticipating around the box instead of deep outside the area.

Having said that, I expect no different on Tuesday.

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Tactics are designed for away matches, the players can't adapt when the opposition get behind the ball at BP.

FB should change the formation for home games, removing one of the holding midfielders for an extra striker, attacking wider and having more players anticipating around the box instead of deep outside the area.

Having said that, I expect no different on Tuesday.

I've never understood why tactics for away games have to differ from home games.  It's still the general idea to kick it nto the netty  thing more times than the opposition does

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I've never understood why tactics for away games have to differ from home games.  It's still the general idea to kick it nto the netty  thing more times than the opposition does

Depends how good the team is.

Another rookie and we might as well board up the ground.

A foreign coach and an influx of overseas players would be my guess....which would almost certainly finish us off completely. 

Unless the right decision is made this time the club will end up in non league football, that’s providing it manages to survive at all!!!