Reminder: Meet the manager on 16/07/18

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Minutes for the AGM like all our meeting notes, need proof reading and approved off before publishing.

This tends to be done at the next meeting

cheers

Not going to lie Tracy, that's poor. Effectiveness wise and communication wise. It's the 21st Century, plenty of means for checking it, and that much wriggle room too..

8 hours ago, singe said:

Not going to lie Tracy, that's poor. Effectiveness wise and communication wise. It's the 21st Century, plenty of means for checking it, and that much wriggle room too..

Whereas I think it's pretty reasonable to get minutes approved at the next meeting as that's fairly standard behaviour. 

17 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Whereas I think it's pretty reasonable to get minutes approved at the next meeting as that's fairly standard behaviour. 

True but that depends on the timescale for the next meeting I suppose. It's not unreasonable for members to want to see what was discussed and put out there particularly as the Trust have batted questions back on here with the answer we will discuss that at the next meeting, I suppose it goes back to how engaging the Trust want to be.

50 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

It's standard to approve them by formally agreeing them, at the next meeting, but not to be first sight of them. 

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

1 hour ago, singe said:

It's standard to approve them by formally agreeing them, at the next meeting, but not to be first sight of them. 

Minutes are normally issued shortly after the meeting they relate to - they are issued in ‘ draft’ pending any changes and are formally accepted at the next meeting. 

That’s the way I’ve always done it.

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Minutes are normally issued shortly after the meeting they relate to - they are issued in ‘ draft’ pending any changes and are formally accepted at the next meeting. 

Correct. They are distributed by email and then approved at the next meeting. You can't publish them until they have been approved for accuracy.

Just to be clear, I am referring to publishing them for Members not the general public.
I  accept it is the choice of the Trust, and that some degree of information given  in confidence causes some conflicts, but I would hope that it is accepted there is a long standing issue with trust inth e Trust.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Just to be clear, I am referring to publishing them for Members not the general public.
I  accept it is the choice of the Trust, and that some degree of information given  in confidence causes some conflicts, but I would hope that it is accepted there is a long standing issue with trust inth e Trust.

Used to be a secretary Singe, the minutes can be sent out for perusal, but have to be approved at the next meeting.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

That's what I used to do when I was a branch secretary of a local political party (many moons ago).

5 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Not in any area I have worked in. I work across agencies and mins are never done this way.

2 hours ago, singe said:

Im not a expert but surely if this was a open to anyone discussion, every conversation should be reported “conflict” caused or not?

18 minutes ago, leeslover said:

We're talking about the Board meeting minutes of a registered company.

Possibly the difference you've highlighted LL. I am probably thinking departmentally in a company rather than Board level, and also at Local  Council level. 

I accept and concede that it is fair to publish monthly after approval at the next meeting, as others have also verified.

But most importantly, moving forward, could the Trust publish the minutes in a list format chronologically the outstanding minutes? 

The last I can find on the Trust website are May 2015.

I feel this can only help understand roles and responsibilities more. 

Not aimed at you LL, you've obviously stepped down 

And not having a pop, just a desire to improve things. 

So eg like this:

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-board-and-agm-minutes/

or this

http://hullcitysupporterstrust.com/minutes/

Or this

http://dhst.org.uk/board-meeting-and-agm-minutes-20152016/

Edited by singe

This is all a bit 1970’s committee rooms isn’t it.

Minutes should be issued as soon as possible after meeting, asking for feedback/corrections.

Following feedback the final minutes are issued ASAP.  

Next meeting is just for formal approval.  

You can’t wait until next meeting to approve as you could potentially have weeks or months of a misunderstood or incorrect minute. 

Thats how it works in my company and how it’s worked everywhere I have ever been. 

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

All this for a 4th division football club. You'd think you were dealing with a government meeting. Get a grip. The self righteousness of trust members is laughable

You have to remember that trust directors are vol...

Ok hang on, I'm not one any more. Stop being a tool!

3 hours ago, Hands on said:

I think if you want to know what happens at a meeting the best thing to do is attend.  Simples!

I've paid monthly since 2006. A token gesture, but nonetheless. I live about a 500 mile, 9 hour round trip away. The meetings are in the week.

It's not unreasonable to be able to see the minutes.