Mansfield (a)

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Got 0-0 written all over it again, two managers afraid to lose. If there is a winner it will crank up the pressure on the other manager for sure.

Last time we had 3 x 0-0's was under Stitch:

06/01/2001 - Port Vale (a)
01/01/2001 - Peterborough (a)
30/12/2000 - Walsall (h)

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Read it back again, you backed up a fair opinion about our next 5 games (I'm far from certain that we'll do well in them) by using a stat about the last 5 games which is factually incorrect.  Not sure how I've misinterpreted it but fair enough if I have.

Surprisingly to some I'd much rather be positive than negative, but I totally respect a negative opinion which is based on logic and reason.  That wasn't one.

This.

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Read it back again, you backed up a fair opinion about our next 5 games (I'm far from certain that we'll do well in them) by using a stat about the last 5 games which is factually incorrect.  Not sure how I've misinterpreted it but fair enough if I have.

Surprisingly to some I'd much rather be positive than negative, but I totally respect a negative opinion which is based on logic and reason.  That wasn't one.

Double post!

Edited by UsedtobeWozzer

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Why is it incorrect? because you want to be argumentative?

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

Yes, you did say we were poor.

we have turned in one mediocre and one dreadful display in the last 2 games, whilst scoring no goals and being extremely fortunate not to concede. 

Do you honestly believe after that our next 5 games are winnable? 

over the last 5 games only Cheltenham and Northampton have picked up less points than us, unless Surridge is back very soon or Bunn has a serious rethink of his team selection, we are in trouble. 

20 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

We got 6 points in the last 5 games.

Grimsby lost 4 in a row before winning last night.

Macc have only picked up 4 points this season.

I really can't make it any clearer than that.

5 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Bro, go to Notts County website, check out their last 5 games.

They have L D D W W = 8 points, not 5 as stated on your form table.

ok. not 100% correct. ha

But you aren't right. There are more than 2 teams with worse records than us over last 5 games.  Anyhow... its arbitrary.  How about 6 games and 4 games?

1 minute ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I really can't make it any clearer than that.

Ah, i see what you are trying to do now !

ok then, please allow me to put it differently.

next 5 opponents and their previous 5 results, 

Carlisle  W L W L L.................. 6 points

Notts County  L D D W W........... 8 points

Port Vale  D W W D L............ 8 points

Cheltenham Town  W D L L D.......... 5 points

Northampton Town  L L D L D..........2 points

Therefore over the last 5 games only Cheltenham and Northampton have picked up less points than us.

22 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

We haven’t got a right to be title contenders and we deservedly find ourselves where we are today.

However surely we should be in the top 10, possibly 5, in terms of budget?  This is based purely on our gates in comparison to others.  

But our gates are not in the top five. Or indeed the top ten!! 

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

ok. not 100% correct. ha

But you aren't right. There are more than 2 teams with worse records than us over last 5 games.  Anyhow... its arbitrary.  How about 6 games and 4 games?

You are hard work, i am right in what i was saying.

it was all about the next 5 fixtures and their last 5 results compared to our last 5. 

19 minutes ago, archiecat said:

You are hard work, i am right in what i was saying.

it was all about the next 5 fixtures and their last 5 results compared to our last 5. 

Well can I suggest you make that clearer next time.  Quite a few people didn't understand that is what you meant.

For the record, my opinion is that we will get 10 points or more from our next 5 games.

What is your take?  5? 6?

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well can I suggest you make that clearer next time.  Quite a few people didn't understand that is what you meant.

For the record, my opinion is that we will get 10 points or more from our next 5 games.

What is your take?  5? 6?

7 max i reckon

Still haven't had the tonking the doom and gloomers are permanently predicting.  We tend to either have a solid defence or a great keeping performance which is great news from a defensive point of view.

But christ going forward we were really poor last night.  There were a lot of offsides but I'm not sure what would have happened if we'd sprung the trap as neither Miller or O'Grady had the pace to exploit it.  In fact, going off his body language, O'Grady doesn't look all that bothered about scoring.  Lang should have gone up front last night to try and get in behind them.  He started too deep and couldn't affect anything.  Miller isn't fit enough.

3-5-2 is a must in my opinion.  We don't have proper wingers so what is the point of 4-4-2?  We have the players to fit a 3-5-2 and more importantly it would mean a place behind the front 2 for Baxter.

Wait for it.......I’d go and try for Connor Wilkinson. Can’t catch at Gillingham. Easily better than what we’ve got apart from Surridge.

Point is, to do well you should have players that would strengthen other teams. Surridge aside there isn’t anyone in our midfield or attack that the likes of Lincoln would want 

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Still haven't had the tonking the doom and gloomers are permanently predicting.  We tend to either have a solid defence or a great keeping performance which is great news from a defensive point of view.

But christ going forward we were really poor last night.  There were a lot of offsides but I'm not sure what would have happened if we'd sprung the trap as neither Miller or O'Grady had the pace to exploit it.  In fact, going off his body language, O'Grady doesn't look all that bothered about scoring.  Lang should have gone up front last night to try and get in behind them.  He started too deep and couldn't affect anything.  Miller isn't fit enough.

3-5-2 is a must in my opinion.  We don't have proper wingers so what is the point of 4-4-2?  We have the players to fit a 3-5-2 and more importantly it would mean a place behind the front 2 for Baxter.

90 minutes played

4 attempts on goal

1 on target

0 corners

0 goals conceded

5 clean sheets now

1 away point gained

Numbers huh?

Edited by TheBigDog

14 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

But christ going forward we were FUCKING AWFUL.  There were a lot of offsides but I'm not sure what would have happened if we'd sprung the trap as neither Miller or O'Grady had the pace TO GET BACK ONSIDE TO SPRING ANYTHING OTHER THAN A SURPRISE IF IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.  In fact, going off his body language, O'Grady doesn't look all that bothered AT ALL.  Lang should have gone BACK FROM WHENCE HE CAME AS HE DOESNT affect anything.  Miller isn't GOOD enough.

3-5-2 is a must in my opinion.  We don't have proper wingers/MIDFIELDERS/STRIKERS so what is the point of 4-4-2?  We have the players to fit a 3-5-2 and more importantly it would mean a place behind the front 2 for Baxter.

As if by magic, my phone suddenly auto corrected another's post. I just couldnt stop it. Apologies.

Completely agree with the 3-5-2. Much better than the 4-0-0 that we played last night.

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Wait for it.......I’d go and try for Connor Wilkinson. Can’t catch at Gillingham. Easily better than what we’ve got apart from Surridge.

Point is, to do well you should have players that would strengthen other teams. Surridge aside there isn’t anyone in our midfield or attack that the likes of Lincoln would want 

Wait for it...... the window is shut.