Carlisle United (H)

5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I’m sorry but not being paid is not a excuse! I’m not saying it’s right. But does it mean that us paying fans should sit through what I just paid the best part of 30 quid for? I know if I was playing in a stadium, sourrounded by paying fans, I’d be giving my all. It’s a easy excuse.

Try turning up for work and don't get paid, tends to piss you off. 

1 hour ago, rosa said:

Hardly any shots any target. Players quite understandably putting in a half arsed effort after not being paid. The women's toilets in the RRE don't flush after half time. The fucking button for the fucking bell at the ticket office window has gone missing and when you point it out the staff laugh, shrug and say "yeah we know" instead of sending someone over the road to fucking B&Q to get a fucking new one.

They don't deserve us.

The whole club appears to be going down the pan.

50 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Have to say I enjoyed Miller's performance today, playing him in a 442 will work alongside a Surridge/Lang. I found it very hard to get enthused about the game today after the events of this week hopefully all the off field shenanigans will be resolved and we can look forward to FB learning from todays mistakes. I'm not going to lose sleep over today's shit fest, and hopefully the team and myself will have our mojo back in a fortnight. 

Why was Lang defending near own own corner flag in the 2nd half when he should have been instructed to attack like he did when creating the goal?

12 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Try turning up for work and don't get paid, tends to piss you off. 

You are missing the point, try paying my hard earned cash to watch that shit. What do we do pay blindly ? And they lose and this is the reason. We would have lost anyway! 

Probably covering what most people have posted but that was shocking, obvious the formation was wrong early doors and you can't just stand there touchline with it staring you in the face and not change it at half time at the latest when you've 15 minutes to think about it. If he feels he's learnt something from it, good, don't let it happen again. Nepo, has he shit in Bunns shoes as he's no more getting a game than I am yet I feel he'd bring something more to the party than others who are out there. Graham, he's a kid and had a bad one today but why are we playing someone elses 18 year old when we've got Tom Hamer who's not even making the squad and is one we've developed, has shown promise and from what I've seen probably should be starting ahead of Graham if we're expanding the Edmundson Clarke defence partnership. Final thought, womens toilets in the RRE not flushing second half, you can't have the pitch sprinklers on at half time at that end and expect that too, we're not made of money you know...

Just now, latics22 said:

You are missing the point, try paying my hard earned cash to watch that shit. What do we do pay blindly ? And they lose and this is the reason. We would have lost anyway! 

I do pay my hard earned cash, I have some sympathy for them, not paying staff is a fucking no no in my book. 

• Like 1

Bunn's admitted he got it wrong tactically,  ok I have no problem with that and can forgive mistakes as we all make them.

What I can't forgive is standing watching your mistake turn into a nightmare for an hour and do nothing to change it.

You really have to question his mentality to become even a moderate league1 manager!!

4 minutes ago, losesome said:

Bunn's admitted he got it wrong tactically,  ok I have no problem with that and can forgive mistakes as we all make them.

What I can't forgive is standing watching your mistake turn into a nightmare for an hour and do nothing to change it.

You really have to question his mentality to become even a moderate league1 manager!!

He's struggling in so many areas for me, probably explains why he's never managed before. Worst aspect is his persona when things ain't going to plan he just looks beat.

4 minutes ago, losesome said:

I understand what your saying and plenty have made the same point, but if you think something is going to work you can't just abandon it at the first sign you think it might not. We went from 1-0 to 3-0 down in a couple of minutes. and before that I thought we were slowly getting back into it after an awful first thirty minutes.

The key to this is whether Bunn learns from his mistakes now he's made them and apparently admitted to them

23 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I do pay my hard earned cash, I have some sympathy for them, not paying staff is a fucking no no in my book. 

So it’s ok for us to pay our money, but they can not give a shit? Because they haven’t been paid. I don’t believe they didn’t give a shit or didn’t try, they simply ain’t good enough!

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

So it’s ok for us to pay our money, but they can not give a shit? Because they haven’t been paid. I don’t believe they didn’t give a shit or didn’t try, they simply ain’t good enough!

I don't think I said they didn't give a shit, try tell g me it wouldn't play on your mind if you hadn't been paid. 

56 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I’m sorry but not being paid is not a excuse! I’m not saying it’s right. But does it mean that us paying fans should sit through what I just paid the best part of 30 quid for? I know if I was playing in a stadium, sourrounded by paying fans, I’d be giving my all. It’s a easy excuse.

Totally agree with you. My mate only paid £10 today, as a mature student and even he feels he was done.

Was it a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-1-2? I can't decide. Whatever, it was shocking.

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I don't think I said they didn't give a shit, try tell g me it wouldn't play on your mind if you hadn't been paid. 

In the middle of the match? Was Gardner thinking I'm not running that extra 10 yards because I haven't been paid? Clarke thinking I'm not jumping for that header? Poor do if that is their mindset.

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I have worked without getting paid, in fact, it happened to me a lot when I worked for myself but my performance standards never dropped. There is a difference between not getting paid and getting paid late. I am not saying it's right but if the players respond by not playing, then they don't deserve any support from fans paying with their own hard earned cash. It's called professionalism and it's also a matter of personal pride.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

In the middle of the match? Was Gardner thinking I'm not running that extra 10 yards because I haven't been paid? Clarke thinking I'm not jumping for that header? Poor do if that is their mindset.

Preparation was poor, agree they wouldn't try any less but it would be foolish to suggest it had zero effect. Some of these players don't need much of a reason to cop out or go into hiding and it's a ready made excuse they can hide behind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It was Baxter's non performance that concerned me most, no movement and not even touching the ball in the first 15 minutes set a poor tone.

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I have worked without getting paid, in fact, it happened to me a lot when I worked for myself but my performance standards never dropped. There is a difference between not getting paid and getting paid late. I am not saying it's right but if the players respond by not playing, then they don't deserve any support from fans paying with their own hard earned cash. It's called professionalism and it's also a matter of personal pride.

I think its the fact that it keeps happening, then the boss comes out with his excuses that it all because he's been clearing up the other guys mess, then lo and behold, it happens again.

As has alrrady been said though, I don't think that missing wages were a factor today. We're just shit.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It was Baxter's non performance that concerned me most, no movement and not even touching the ball in the first 15 minutes set a poor tone.

The fans clamoured for his starting spot and this is how the cookie crumbles.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Head seemed to go down, just wish he'd believe in himself and I think it's purely a confidence issue.

3 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

I think its the fact that it keeps happening, then the boss comes out with his excuses that it all because he's been clearing up the other guys mess, then lo and behold, it happens again.

As has alrrady been said though, I don't think that missing wages were a factor today. We're just shit.

Or the tactics [lack of] emphasised the players' shortcomings.