Carlisle United (H)

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Head seemed to go down, just wish he'd believe in himself and I think it's purely a confidence issue.

Think it's more a physical problem that doesn't seem to be getting any better. 

I usually do a Man of the Match poll, but after that piss-poor performance I can't be arsed. 

3-5-2 didn't work today, with too many players looking uncomfortable, and FB took too long to revert to 4-4-2.

I'd give Miller a mention for at least trying, and scoring a goal.

?

5 hours ago, losesome said:

No we didn't, I hate it and it very rarely works even with World class players. 

Bunn has tried if before and it didn't work so why try it again when the players are clearly uncomfortable with it.

Super class Mansfield played 3 at the back on Tues and it worked v well for them, if they had been even average up front they would have been 3 up before HT

In the 2nd half Bunn matched them up and  we got a point - I don;t blame him for trying it today.

Edited by laticsrblue

4 hours ago, Wardie said:

Totally agree with you. My mate only paid £10 today, as a mature student and even he feels he was done.

Was it a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-1-2? I can't decide. Whatever, it was shocking.

I felt done paying £6 for ifollow

Just rolled in ..

Bit bewildered, feel like we're back to square one even though we're top half ..

Starting to get the feeling this season will be a 12th-18th season ..

Completely outplayed from start to finish .. haven't a clue whose fault that is .. manager? players? chairman? I don't know

Didnt sing or speak the Lord's name today ..

All I'll say is if John Sheridan was in charge of our club at this moment .... I'd feel so much more confident ..

17 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Currently outside BP anticipating the return of one of our greatest ever managers. Lord John. 

I don't actually care about my rating but it does f*ck me off when people downboat for no apparent reason ....

The above was obviously a light hearted joke but downboated for whatever reason

Sheridan outclassed us today, if he hadn't of been sacked we wouldn't even be in this tinpot timewasting toss league .... downboat, talk, quote, disagree, deny it all you f*cking want .. but deep down you know.

After a two month enjoyment/belief period I'm back to feeling how I felt after game one. Worried, disillusioned and fucked off ..

To end this on a positive ..

DE #28 ??

What worries me is FBs response to the first question in his post match interview. 

"I'll probably have to take the blame for that."

The interviewer should have replied:

"Probably? Fucking Probably????

You played players out of position in a formation that none of them were prepared for against a team whos manager got 10/10 for homework.

Fucking probably????"

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

What worries me is FBs response to the first question in his post match interview. 

"I'll probably have to take the blame for that."

The interviewer should have replied:

"Probably? Fucking Probably????

You played players out of position in a formation that none of them were prepared for against a team whos manager got 10/10 for homework.

Fucking probably????"

Who was out of position?

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It was Baxter's non performance that concerned me most, no movement and not even touching the ball in the first 15 minutes set a poor tone.

He was actually better when he wasn’t touching the ball as at least he wasn’t giving it to the opposition 

highlights of the day...Chaddy completing the AC Tyres challenge...what a celebration and the half time kiddies match more pride and passion in those shirts yesterday

Strange atmosphere at BP yesterday

Edited by underdog

There's more than one poster on this thread saying that Bunn can go.

The impression I get is that we've been decent albeit overly cautious for the first 10 games, followed by an ultra defensive shit performance on Tuesday followed by a shit performance and result yesterday.

12th is a good indicator to me that his tenure has been average so far, by no means great but not awful either.  Maybe I'm old school but it absolutely isn't enough to get rid of a manager imo.

The formation clearly didn't work yesterday but if we were going to accomodate Baxter (which I hoped we would) then the positions we put the players in pretty much made sense without hindsight.  Even Hunt and Taylor did despite obviously being full backs before wing backs.  The two odd decisions for me were not playing Hamer ahead of Graham and not including Nepo in the starting XI.

I have concerns going forward with Bunn and I hope he's learned from yesterday like he says he has, but as Friday proved he has been far from the least stabilising factor at the club.  There's an argument for saying that he's played a large role in it not being a total disaster in spite of the shitshow off the pitch.

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

highlights of the day...Chaddy completing the AC Tyres challenge...what a celebration and the half time kiddies match more pride and passion in those shirts yesterday

Strange atmosphere at BP yesterday

The kids match at half time was great to watch. The team wearing the light blue stripes had the best player on the pitch in their number 7 - she scored 4 and looked a top player. ?

As for the game itself... as many have already posted on here, 3-5-2 simply did not work. Graham looked poor, Edmundson had his worst game of the season.

Baxter just doesn’t look like the player he was during his first spell at the club. 

From my perspective, three emerged with any credit from yesterday:

Miller first half out wide was a real handful and showed some real pace...

Gardner worked hard and was my MotM 

Lang made the goal and should have scored with the header late on

Apart from that, it was a failed plan B. Whether the wages fiasco affected the performance I don’t know - but it cannot have helped. Once again the opposition players were quicker to the ball and more skillled when in possession.

Wow ? we are bad to watch this season ?

30 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Who was out of position?

At least three 

george at the left of a back 3

graham being on the pitch 

taylor at ‘left wing ‘

i’m no expert but after 15 minutes you could tell it wasn’t working, and should have been changed at half time to a back 4, rather than after Carlisle had scored 2 more quick goals before the hour.

Go back to 4 at the back, with George and Clarke central, and Taylor at left back and dummigan or hunt at right back

it’s time to give Gardner a rest, and play nepo wide left and Jose to play those through balls to Surridge to run on to and turn defenders inside out 

36 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

At least three 

george at the left of a back 3

graham being on the pitch 

taylor at ‘left wing ‘

i’m no expert but after 15 minutes you could tell it wasn’t working, and should have been changed at half time to a back 4, rather than after Carlisle had scored 2 more quick goals before the hour.

Go back to 4 at the back, with George and Clarke central, and Taylor at left back and dummigan or hunt at right back

it’s time to give Gardner a rest, and play nepo wide left and Jose to play those through balls to Surridge to run on to and turn defenders inside out 

It was changed to a back 4 after about 15 minutes. 

I’m not Guna go into detail of the match... however...

If anything sums our season up and Frankie Bunn it’s this next sentence.

Our best player was a big striker who’s been out of the game for nearly two years,  playing out on the right wing.

25 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

It was changed to a back 4 after about 15 minutes. 

You have tried to correct this twice now and both times you are wrong-we played 3 at the back for at least first 45 mins despite everybody seeing that Graham was not at the races. How did he not get sent off for that early tackle? Didn't see Hunt near my end/side of the pitch in first half. Poor game management from Bunn.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

There's more than one poster on this thread saying that Bunn can go.

The impression I get is that we've been decent albeit overly cautious for the first 10 games, followed by an ultra defensive shit performance on Tuesday followed by a shit performance and result yesterday.

12th is a good indicator to me that his tenure has been average so far, by no means great but not awful either.  Maybe I'm old school but it absolutely isn't enough to get rid of a manager imo.

I wouldn't be looking to get rid of him yet, but I'd say with perhaps the exception of the Grimsby game, we've had the rub of the green in games where we've picked up points - even against Macclesfield we were hanging on a bit before Miller's goal.

Bunn must have reasons for not playing players in their favoured positions. Can't really understand it myself, but I'll bow to his superior knowledge. 

I think he needs to take it back to 4-4-2 after yesterday's performance and use Baxter off the bench as he has been doing - Baxter clearly has only got, at most, 45 minutes in him and he's best used against a tiring defence rather than from the start. 

So, everyone fully fit, playing 4-4-2, what is our best starting line-up?

Iversen is obviously our best option in goal. 

Defence - Taylor, Clark and George had been doing alright until yesterday, but not convinced by Graham or Hunt. Could Hamer fit into that back four?

Midfield - for all his critics, I think Gardner is our best midfielder. Busy, always wants the ball and is always trying to make things happen, with Nepo on the left, Lang on the right (he's right-footed, so if we're playing him as a winger, surely it makes sense to play him on the right?). Not sure who's partner Gardner in centre midfield - Missilou doesn't seem to do masses wrong, but it's hard to notice his contribution. Based on nothing, maybe the lad from Villa would come in there?

Think the big lump/nippy forward combo is the only effective attacking partnership in this division, so Surridge and Miller works, I reckon. 

25 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Our best player was a big striker who’s been out of the game for nearly two years,  playing out on the right wing.

Aye. The player who was most up for it was the one who can probably afford to not get paid. Bit odd him being out wide though.

18 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

You have tried to correct this twice now and both times you are wrong-we played 3 at the back for at least first 45 mins despite everybody seeing that Graham was not at the races. How did he not get sent off for that early tackle? Didn't see Hunt near my end/side of the pitch in first half. Poor game management from Bunn.

I don’t disagree that he was poor, I’d rather have seen Hamer there. Tell me this then - if he was part of a back 3 in the first half, why was he playing right back and taking the throw ins? 

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I don’t disagree that he was poor, I’d rather have seen Hamer there. Tell me this then - if he was part of a back 3 in the first half, why was he playing right back and taking the throw ins? 

George took them on the left at times. It absolutely was 3 until Graham went off.