Carlisle United (H)

1 minute ago, Brisbaneblue said:

I’m an advocate of 3-5-2 but today it wasn’t woeful and we look more comfortable with a 4-4-2

They wantwd it more and it looled blatantly obvious the wages not being paid was a huge factor in performance

This frustrated me, albeit I understand and sympathise. 

Carlisle themselves are struggling financially, as are Blackpool. I was hoping he could shield the players from it. 

1 minute ago, singe said:

This frustrated me, albeit I understand and sympathise. 

Carlisle themselves are struggling financially, as are Blackpool. I was hoping he could shield the players from it. 

I agree singe but I’ve not heard that Blackpool or Carlisle payong players late, it’s happening too often with us not to have any impact on performance 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

As was Gardner.  If these two are our supposed ‘best footballers’ we’re fucked. 

Gardner wasn't shite, he was trying to do everything, his pass percentage would have been decent today always looked to drive forward as well. I suppose when you get the boo boy reputation some people don't want to see beyond it. 

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Gardner wasn't shite, he was trying to do everything, his pass percentage would have been decent today always looked to drive forward as well. I suppose when you get the boo boy reputation some people don't want to see beyond it. 

Over does it for me and should never be the catalyst for all our attacks, doesn't hide and played OK today but not a patch on a player deemed surplus here a couple of years ago Mike Jones.

5 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I agree he tries to go forward, he may make mistakes, but only because he is doing everything.

17 minutes ago, latics22 said:

We all wanted 352 can’t really blame bunn. But you know what this means, back to grinding out results.

No we didn't, I hate it and it very rarely works even with World class players. 

Bunn has tried if before and it didn't work so why try it again when the players are clearly uncomfortable with it.

I texted a friend at 3.10 to say that were playin 352 and he needs to change before they score. Unfortunately he waited until they scored 3 before doing anything. 

Naivety turning to embarrassment.

Shame but this game was already lost before a ball was even kicked, they could have spared the fan's embarrassment by just saying the players don't want it and take the 3 points.

Before that announcement, a struggling Carlisle with their manager already under fire, wouldn't have got owt from that game and today is the first time I've felt that sickening feeling to the pit of my stomach since relegation. 

18 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Well I disagree. Opinions. 

I also disagree about his passing. His percentage will have been terrible today. Aside from the 2 yard passes to someone stood right next to him. 

Have to say I enjoyed Miller's performance today, playing him in a 442 will work alongside a Surridge/Lang. I found it very hard to get enthused about the game today after the events of this week hopefully all the off field shenanigans will be resolved and we can look forward to FB learning from todays mistakes. I'm not going to lose sleep over today's shit fest, and hopefully the team and myself will have our mojo back in a fortnight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Well I disagree. Opinions. 

I also disagree about his passing. His percentage will have been terrible today. Aside from the 2 yard passes to someone stood right next to him. 

As you say opinions, I just feel he gets unwarranted stick at times. 

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Have to say I enjoyed Miller's performance today, playing him in a 442 will work alongside a Surridge/Lang. I found it very hard to get enthused about the game today after the events of this week hopefully all the off field shenanigans will be resolved and we can look forward to FB learning from todays mistakes. I'm not going to lose sleep over today's shit fest, and hopefully the team and myself will have our mojo back in a fortnight. 

Yes, Miller with Sturridge and find a place for Lang too. Get all 3 on. 

Get some pace in the team. 

Sadly Bunn got that one completely wrong and then did nothing about it until we were 3 nil down.

If my employer wasn't paying me on time he wouldn't get the best out of me and that also seems to be the case with our club.  We are once again looking towards the wrong end of the division.  No game next week so lower we will go.

I thought a double relegation was on the cards but then we were 6th but now at 12th and falling I'm sad to say it is.

2 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

You can’t bin off the wages excuse. You wouldn’t work if you didn’t get paid - it’s just the same for the players

They have been paid,just a little bit late,It should not been used as an excuse for this poor performance.

I’m sorry but not being paid is not a excuse! I’m not saying it’s right. But does it mean that us paying fans should sit through what I just paid the best part of 30 quid for? I know if I was playing in a stadium, sourrounded by paying fans, I’d be giving my all. It’s a easy excuse.