Carlisle United (H)

Message to Mr Bunn, 

1/ Even the great Pep at City with World class players couldn't make 352 work so why are you trying to do something world class managers cant do.

2/ do we do any homework on opponents, Carlisle statistically are one of the worst sides at creating chances this season, so why do we play 3 CHs & 2 defensive midfielders at home.

3/ Gerrard turns like the QE2 so why didn't we put Surridge right on his shoulder along with Lang and feed balls down the channels. Only once did we do that and guess what, we scored.

4/ To watch for 20 min until Carlisle scored without changing tactics that were clearly not working is naive, to then watch for  45 mins then send out the same 11 with the same tactics in the 2nd half is unforgivable. 

If you genuinely feel anything for the club then please step down before you inflict any further damage on us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Bit harsh to be digging out Graham, the kid is only 18, probably wondering what the fuck is going on, poor management from Bunn putting him into that IMO.

It's not a dig as such I thought he had a a poor game is all. I'm not sure what Hamer has done wrong but Graham looked a weak link today. I forget hes only a kid but Bunn signed him and see him training he should know if he's up to it..

I wonder what bollocks Bunn will come out with that shower of shite? We had some poor players in wrong positions today, but the manager should take full responsibility for that today with that formation. It was obvious 5 minutes in it wasn’t going to work. 

What a fucking shambles!

4 minutes ago, losesome said:

Message to Mr Bunn, 

1/ Even the great Pep at City with World class players couldn't make 352 work so why are you trying to do something world class managers cant do.

2/ do we do any homework on opponents, Carlisle statistically are one of the worst sides at creating chances this season, so why do we play 3 CHs & 2 defensive midfielders at home.

3/ Gerrard turns like the QE2 so why didn't we put Surridge right on his shoulder along with Lang and feed balls down the channels. Only once did we do that and guess what, we scored.

4/ To watch for 20 min until Carlisle scored without changing tactics that were clearly not working is naive, to then watch for  45 mins then send out the same 11 with the same tactics in the 2nd half is unforgivable. 

If you genuinely feel anything for the club then please step down before you inflict any further damage on us.

2 holding midfieldes in the last 2 home games...6 goals conceded.

It's called surrendering the initiative.

Also, after a series of poor performances - the inevitable poor result.

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Bit harsh to be digging out Graham, the kid is only 18, probably wondering what the fuck is going on, poor management from Bunn putting him into that IMO.

Thought he could have been sent off for the foul he got booked for..

Gardner aways industrious and Miller was our best player. Everyone else was dire... but not totally surprising given the week just gone. 

Baxter being started smacked of playing to the gallows from Bunn. Clearly not match fit... which strikes me as strange. 

Flat game. Flat atmosphere. Gave Gerrard an easy ride and incredulous howls of "f-ing rubbish" from early on from the main stand. Lovely stuff..

I'd have taken Graham off after ten minutes and gone 4 at the back. I'd have taken Baxter off at half time. 3 at the back was awful. We had 5 in midfield and mainly lumped it over them or did some pointless 2 yard passes and got nowhere. Our movement when we have the ball is terrible. Players hiding and not moving into space. Miller was the only one who seemed bothered and managed to cause them a few problems. 

Overall; a bag of steaming poo!

Hardly any shots any target. Players quite understandably putting in a half arsed effort after not being paid. The women's toilets in the RRE don't flush after half time. The fucking button for the fucking bell at the ticket office window has gone missing and when you point it out the staff laugh, shrug and say "yeah we know" instead of sending someone over the road to fucking B&Q to get a fucking new one.

They don't deserve us.

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Graham was shit, his very first pass set the tone for the match when he kicked it out for a throw in when the player was about five yards away, not the first time he's been a liability neither.

45 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I wonder what bollocks Bunn will come out with that shower of shite? We had some poor players in wrong positions today, but the manager should take full responsibility for that today with that formation. It was obvious 5 minutes in it wasn’t going to work. 

What a fucking shambles!

To be fair, he said pretty much exactly what you said. 

44 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Shows what people know about football on here. Talking about 352 when we played 442... 

That was the main problem, we clearly set up at the start to play 352 but as often happens with this system the players are clearly uncomfortable with it.

Consequently they end playing no formation and the opposition take full control.

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

What did he say? He admitted he got his tactics wrong and left it too late?

Said he’d take the blame and that he tried to change the system to accommodate players. 

So basically, wrong players, wrong system. 

But why didn’t he realise this much earlier?

10 minutes ago, latics22 said:

What did he say? He admitted he got his tactics wrong and left it too late?

Yep. 352 didn't work, and he took responsibility for the defeat. 

I'm not defending him as the Messiah or anything. 

He was asked any positives?.

"No." 

The only positive is that I learned something today. 

Edited by singe