January Window Gossip/Rumours

10 minutes ago, parigby said:

Anybody else find it totally depressing to wake up every morning go on line and see a whole list of signings for every other club in our league, bar us, apart from the french midfielder and a chef !

To be fair the budgets probably been used to sign the new Sporting Director :laught16:

26 minutes ago, parigby said:

Anybody else find it totally depressing to wake up every morning go on line and see a whole list of signings for every other club in our league, bar us, apart from the french midfielder and a chef !

“Whole list of signings for every other club”

Where on earth are you looking?

21 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Nope. Do you know it was? You made the original statement,I simply asked you for proof to which you backtracked.

I am of course being somewhat contrary over the whole point. I guess what I can’t believe is that all of; Byrne; Gerrard; Davies; Fane & Duffus are ALL to blame 100% ( that’s not saying some of them might be). Byrne, Gerrard and Davies have a history of being disruptive t*sspots…….so why should their comments have any validity. We have idea about Fane. Duffus is now under his 4th  Latics manager and none have shown much inclination to get him involved in the first team squad.

Like everything in life.... there has to be some blame on the other party, Mr. Lemsagam. I’d like to see some contrition from him too. Everything.....no that is just Bollox. As for blaming AL, I fully support him in getting rid of those first three...….yes, I believe he has made mistakes..... just not with those three.

29 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Like everything in life.... there has to be some blame on the other party, Mr. Lemsagam. I’d like to see some contrition from him too.

You know what pretty much everyone else does on the subject. The sum total of fuck all.

Yet still, even with no evidence AL has done anything wrong in this scenario, according to you he has to be at fault in some way.

Why would you like some contrition from him when you know nothing about what has happened?

Nearly every post you put is either demanding a plan, that none of us have any entitlement to, or just negative stuff about the owner. 

We all know he's fucked stuff up. You bleating on about it every 5 minutes on here wont change whats gone before and wont change what happens in future.

Its boring. 

Point out when something is wrong, fine, but harping on about the same thing, over and over and over again, does nothing

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He's always fancied joining us.

A few thousand reasons why he hasn't though...

Correct I've met him a couple of times and he wanted to sign for us on a couple of occasions but it just didn't happen (one of them being we signed Poleon from Leeds instead), really good friends with Mike Jones and a player I've always really rated, can play on his own up front as demonstrated when his ten man Crewe team beat us when he scored a brace and a wonderful solo goal to beat us 2-1 on Boxing day 2014.

44 minutes ago, parigby said:

No. Sometimes we didn’t do any business at all during January, we often leave it late. Given we have one less league game than quite a few clubs in January, I’m quite relaxed about our current lack of signings.

If we haven’t signed anyone by say 28/01/19 then I might get a bit anxious about it, if at all. (After all worrying about something you have absolutely no control over isn’t healthy).

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

No. Sometimes we didn’t do any business at all during January, we often leave it late. Given we have one less league game than quite a few clubs in January, I’m quite relaxed about our current lack of signings.

If we haven’t signed anyone by say 28/01/19 then I might get a bit anxious about it, if at all. (After all worrying about something you have absolutely no control over isn’t healthy).

The fact we hardly do business in January doesn't fill me with confidence and probably goes some way to explaining why we haven't finished any better than 15th in any League since 2008/09.

A decade of abject failure could support an argument that we should maybe try a different approach but I won't hold my breath. 

36 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Backtracked? Eh? I offered a suggestion that an apology should be sought for the greater good, if indeed the boy would add something to the squad - he is after all one of our players - given we are bereft of strikers. Or, we can continue with COG up front on his own in search of the play offs.

34 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You know what pretty much everyone else does on the subject. The sum total of fuck all.

Yet still, even with no evidence AL has done anything wrong in this scenario, according to you he has to be at fault in some way.

Why would you like some contrition from him when you know nothing about what has happened?

Nearly every post you put is either demanding a plan, that none of us have any entitlement to, or just negative stuff about the owner. 

We all know he's fucked stuff up. You bleating on about it every 5 minutes on here wont change whats gone before and wont change what happens in future.

Its boring. 

Point out when something is wrong, fine, but harping on about the same thing, over and over and over again, does nothing

Calm down, or you’ll do yourself an injury.

It stands to reason that the owner could offer the boy an olive branch if he so chose..... but he appears to remain steadfast on his punishment. As above, seems unnecessarily belligerent given we have no strikers.

Calling for a Plan - that the Trust should seek - is the least a well run limited company should do. As @underdog has pointed out recently, having board meetings with a functioning  board of directors - including the Trust - would be a start.

Edited by lookersstandandy

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Backtracked? Eh? I offered a suggestion that an apology should be sought for the greater good, if indeed the boy would add something to the squad - he is after all one of our players - given we are bereft of strikers. Or, we can continue with COG up front on his own in search of the play offs.

Ok...I'll try again as you don't seem to be grasping the situation....you have no idea whether he has sat down with the boy and/or his agent.

Your default position on everything Latics related is AL is in the wrong.

11 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Ok...I'll try again as you don't seem to be grasping the situation....you have no idea whether he has sat down with the boy and/or his agent.

Your default position on everything Latics related is AL is in the wrong.

:lol:

....and you don’t know whether he hasn’t....

....so, we are in need of a striker.... he is a striker....he’s our player..... both parties could show contrition & put the past behind themfor the benefit of both the player and the club. Yet.....?

Edited by lookersstandandy

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

:lol: From you. I’m taking that as a compliment.

Hilarious.  I’m dying here. You are at the cutting edge of comedy. 

It wasn’t meant as one. You are white noise now with your constant repetition. 

14 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....and you don’t know whether has hasn’t....

....so, we are in need of a striker.... he is a striker....he’s our player..... both parties could show contrition & put the past behind themfor the benefit of both the player and the club. Yet.....?

Buy you are making up stories to suit your anti-AL rants!!!

31 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

It stands to reason that the owner could offer the boy an olive branch if he so chose..... but he appears to remain steadfast on his punishment. As above, seems unnecessarily belligerent given we have no strikers.

Calling for a Plan - that the Trust should seek - is the least a well run limited company should do. As @underdog has pointed out recently, having board meetings with a functioning  board of directors - including the Trust - would be a start.

Could being the operative word. Yes he could. He has chosen not to. He obviously believes that is the right decision. We do need strikers but there's  obviously a reason he doesn't appear to be one of the ones we will use. If his behaviour doesn't fit with what the team needs then I'm more than happy for him to rot in the youths until we can get shut.

As to your other point. Yes we know. You've mentioned it every day since he took over. I don't disagree that things need to be run properly but it's repetitive 

2 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Buy you are making up stories to suit your anti-AL rants!!!

Mike, seriously. What have I made up? I get that you disagree with me, of which you’re entitled.... but I’m not getting enraged & flagrantly accusing you of doing something that you’re not.

20 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....and you don’t know whether he hasn’t....

Conveniently forgetting the player had looked out of his depth at this level and certainly not looked like the next Wayne Rooney anyhows. Fuck him off. Unprofessional to say the least and not been picked by several managers for whatever reason. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Conveniently forgetting the player had looked out of his depth at this level and certainly not looked like the next Wayne Rooney anyhows. Fuck him off. Unprofessional to say the least and not been picked by several managers for whatever reason. 

Although Maouche wasn't picked by several either...😂