January Window Gossip/Rumours

7 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Except that’s not the regulation. Each club must name 7 home-grown players in their match day squad. Given there are 18 in the squad that means 11 can not be home-grown.

As Iversen has been registered with Leicester since Jan 2016, he is now home-grown. As home-grown doesn’t include a player’s nationality.

See https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/ (33.8 to 33.13)

Thay was my understanding 

39 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Except that’s not the regulation. Each club must name 7 home-grown players in their match day squad. Given there are 18 in the squad that means 11 don’t have to be home-grown.

As Iversen has been registered with Leicester since Jan 2016, he may now be home-grown. As home-grown doesn’t include a player’s nationality.

See https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/ (33.8 to 33.13)

Thank you so much for taking time to read through all that :chubb:

please accept my apologies for being mistaken

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Except that’s not the regulation. Each club must name 7 home-grown players in their match day squad. Given there are 18 in the squad that means 11 don’t have to be home-grown.

As Iversen has been registered with Leicester since Jan 2016, he may now be home-grown. As home-grown doesn’t include a player’s nationality.

Looking at it, nine of our current squad qualify except Iversen. 

The age is 3 years under 21.

So given AL's contacts, if we sign a God number of up to 18 year olds in 3 years time, they would constitute home grown. Only cost stopping us.

I think PW would have a field day with that sort of  academy. 

Logic says an unattached striker, or loan, but just in case we are plundering the same division as Firefox.

Here are the top strikers from Championnat National.
Some better than others...

Name.......................Posn.........Nationality.....Age.....Club                          Match..Goals    Goal in x games
Joris Correa.............C/F..........France............25........FC Chambly           16            8           2.0
Jon Rivas-Marouani.C/F..........Tunisia...........26........AS Lyon-Duchère   4             6          2.3
Kevin Nzuzi Mata.....C/F..........DR Congo......24........USL Dunkerque       16           6          2.7
Dorian Caddy............C/F..........France..........23.........Rodez AF                  15           5         3.0
Andrew Jung............C/F..........France..........21.........US Concarneau      15           5          3.0
Arnold Garita............C/F..........Cameroon.....23........USL Dunkerque      11           4           2.8
Alexy Bosetti............C/F..........France...........25........Stade Laval             8              4           2.0
Florian David............C/F..........Guadeloupe...26........Rodez AF                 9              4           2.3
Cédric Tuta..............C/F..........DR Congo.......30........AS Lyon-Duchère  16           4          4.0
Romain Montiel........C/F..........France...........23........FC Le Mans             12           3          4.0

Edited by singe

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Was it Nuttall from Blackburn that was linked with us? Scored for them on Saturday. I say scored, more the ball bounced off him and went in.

Love that me. I even claimed ones that hit defenders who were challenging me or hit the post/bar then hit the keeper and went in.

41 minutes ago, singe said:

Logic says an unattached striker, or loan, but just in case we are plundering the same division as Firefox.

Here are the top strikers from Championnat National.
Some better than others...

Name.......................Posn.........Nationality.....Age.....Club                          Match..Goals    Goal in x games
Joris Correa.............C/F..........France............25........FC Chambly           16            8           2.0
Jon Rivas-Marouani.C/F..........Tunisia...........26........AS Lyon-Duchère   4             6          2.3
Kevin Nzuzi Mata.....C/F..........DR Congo......24........USL Dunkerque       16           6          2.7
Dorian Caddy............C/F..........France..........23.........Rodez AF                  15           5         3.0
Andrew Jung............C/F..........France..........21.........US Concarneau      15           5          3.0
Arnold Garita............C/F..........Cameroon.....23........USL Dunkerque      11           4           2.8
Alexy Bosetti............C/F..........France...........25........Stade Laval             8              4           2.0
Florian David............C/F..........Guadeloupe...26........Rodez AF                 9              4           2.3
Cédric Tuta..............C/F..........DR Congo.......30........AS Lyon-Duchère  16           4          4.0
Romain Montiel........C/F..........France...........23........FC Le Mans             12           3          4.0

I'll settle for Jon Rivas-Marouani, just hear Roy pronounce his name on ifollow commentary.