6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Which is fine, but he may have that effect it the bigger games we needed the wins

I understand your point but if he took over today the only effect he could have on the team is down to whether the players up there game because he is there.

If we lose and lose heavily, some on here would post the most ridiculous things, the media would have a field day and all Scholes critics would be out of the woodwork.

34 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Just hope if this happens, some of our fans have to realise he will more than likely need the summer to put his team together and don't put any fault at his door if we don't achieve promotion this season.

If we were a club with a plan then this would be perfectly reasonable and the smartest way to go about things.

But I just can't see things going smoothly enough between now and the start of next season that Scholes will be here to see that through, regardless of how well he does.  I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't trust AL enough.

IMO Scholes is definitely the best person for the club at this moment in time.

Didn’t the papers report when the story was breaking that it would be 10 days until it was announced? Why were people expecting it to be earlier than that?

Scholes has things outside of football that need taking care of carefully before making such a huge change in lifestyle not to mention the Salford situation.

If he is announced tomorrow then there will be time to sign players, if that is the plan.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Bollocks.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Bullshit. 

I reckon that is why he went back to Dubai. Why would he be bothered about Christmas time. I'm not saying he doesn't have money, or access to it (although not a lot of evidence he has) , but it might not have been been readily available or over here.

14 minutes ago, singe said:

I reckon that is why he went back to Dubai. Why would he be bothered about Christmas time. I'm not saying he doesn't have money, or access to it (although not a lot of evidence he has) , but it might not have been been readily available or over here.

Do you think he is paying him the £300k (he won't be on that by the way) up front in cash?

Scholes is in charge of this process IMO. He has things outside of football that cannot be changed so readily (those who know know), legal aspects around Salford and probably wanting to have time to breath. 

The moment it broke it was reported as being at least 10 days until he is appointed.

8 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Do you think he is paying him the £300k (he won't be on that by the way) up front in cash?

Scholes is in charge of this process IMO. He has things outside of football that cannot be changed so readily (those who know know), legal aspects around Salford and probably wanting to have time to breath. 

The moment it broke it was reported as being at least 10 days until he is appointed.

Those who know know ??? Why not just say what you mean Cryptic Cliff ?

You seem pretty certain his contract is not £300k.

25 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Well, If I were Scholes maybe..! But I am thinking more players too, so yes, Scholes will want to see some evidence of funds I would think. and he will need to shell out some more for Scholes to think about joining us too.

I agree Scholes is the driver of the process and right that AL has waited this long, and his contracts with Salford & Sky need sorting (not sure what you are refering to about outside football issues.

I think part of the delay is also to not associate Bunn  leaving with Scholes being quickly appointed and therefore Scholes playing no part of the plan to out Bunn. However, AL must have had an inkling that Schoels was interested before ditching Bunn.

Edited by singe

The talks between AL and PS have been ongoing for a couple of weeks and I have no doubt there has been a lot of arm-wrestling.

The fact that at this late stage, PS has not walked away is positive in so far that PS will have demanded a number of assurances to move forward such as, I'm guessing here, the much debated chairman interference, limiting the role of the sporting director and ensuring that there is capacity for improving/increasing the squad.

What we don't know is if AL has shown any resistance to these demands or if he has simply accepted them as a price worth paying to increase the profile of the club.

34 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'd imagine his lawyers would be wanting a bit more proof than Lemmy's word that he is good for the money.

Its an employment contract.  If they don't pay him... he walks.  Simple.  You are overthinking this.  What good would proof of funds be for a longer contract when the owner could simply blow those funds the day after proof?

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Its an employment contract.  If they don't pay him... he walks.  Simple.  You are overthinking this.  What good would proof of funds be for a longer contract when the owner could simply blow those funds the day after proof?

Not overthinking anything, I've been told that that is the cause.

He was approached in November to see if he was interested so not as if it has been sprung on him.

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not overthinking anything, I've been told that that is the cause.

He was approached in November to see if he was interested so not as if it has been sprung on him.

and I've been told the only issue was his unease at the potential interference , this from quite a close acquaintance of a number of the '92 (i.e. someone who knows the entire Salford ownership)

Edited by kowenicki